Mame 0.62 Released!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Mame 0.62 Released!

Post by DRN »

Just to let you know that 0.62 is out :D :D
Darren
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

No kidding! ;)

Unfortunately, there seem to be some small fixes that are missing...

Certainly those few that I submitted (other than updated CPS-2 rasters) are not there. Odd, since two of them were mentioned on the MAME WIP page.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Whoops! I hadnt noticed your other thread Barry, already stating this. Guess I got a bit over excited :lol:
Darren
Vaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Vaz »

Yay! No one can stop me from posting a high score for that great shooter called S.S Mission :wink:
http://www.vazcomics.org/mamend/ -- MamEnd: when the end is just the beginning...
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

mahlemiut wrote:No kidding! ;)

Unfortunately, there seem to be some small fixes that are missing...

Certainly those few that I submitted (other than updated CPS-2 rasters) are not there. Odd, since two of them were mentioned on the MAME WIP page.
You are lucky...Almost NOTHING has been added of my submissions!
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

and the one that was (tnzs) doesn't even seem to work 100% .. :-/

btw I thought that it might be worth mentioning that with this release a number of games are playable now

hyperpac (original set)
hotgmck
bking
bking2

all of these were in mame but had problems before so it might be possible for people to play them now even before the database is updated?
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Haze wrote:and the one that was (tnzs) doesn't even seem to work 100% .. :-/

btw I thought that it might be worth mentioning that with this release a number of games are playable now

hyperpac (original set)
hotgmck
bking
bking2

all of these were in mame but had problems before so it might be possible for people to play them now even before the database is updated?
No idea on why the tnzs thing doesn't work now...

And btw,Tetris Plus is AFAIK slower than the real counterpart(especially into Puzzle Mode)...
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

didn't seem much different to the speed of tetris plus 2 to me ... if it is too slow I guess maybe the v70 clock speed could be increased a bit although I don't see why it should stress the v70 anyway, its only a tetris game , no documentation exists for the timings on the cpu so the clock has to be divided by a 'sensible' amount.
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

Haze wrote:and the one that was (tnzs) doesn't even seem to work 100% .. :-/

hyperpac (original set)
hotgmck
bking
bking2

Also Giga Wing, Sengoku Ace Ep. II, Strikers 1945 I, Strikers 1999 :mrgreen: , and that forgettable Nintendo64 game Cruis'n USA ::mass booing ensues :roll: ::. No Mars Matrix though...:?
Does the addition of Cruis'n USA/World mean that MAME might make the gradual shift to supporting early 3D boards like The Sega Model 2 and Capcom ZN series? Who knows.
「シューティング ラブ。」
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

A ZN driver for MAME has been worked on for some time now, but I have no idea as to how far along it is. The protection would be the tough part to get through, especially since Zinc just hacks its way around it. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

I wonder if there will be lots of replays for puzzloop, with 2 fairly different sets, addictive gameplay and 2 main modes of play it could be a popular one...