Public request for help from MARP Editors

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

jdllama
Button Masher
Button Masher

Public request for help from MARP Editors

Post by jdllama »

(This way all can see what will go on :) )

I need one of the following:

A. Two volunteers to help with Deca2003; each would take 5 games and would receive all the inps that are emailed in for those 5 games, and would report to me if there is any slowdown, cheating, etc. (this is what was done last year, with Barry and gb9)

B. Somehow allow me to use analINP or whatever the program is, so that myself and Ron can do the INP managing ourselves.

Yeah, it's late to do this, but I doubt many of you will say yes (Barry MIGHT, Skito MIGHT, Pat MIGHT, the others are very less plausible) :)
- Jeffrey "J.D." Lowe, Jr.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

"Whose" program is it anyway? Why not give it to all Deca judges, I think some year it was done like that. Also, I assume we are talking about program that checks slowdown, dip settings etc -not autofire checker, which would be needed for Trackfld only(I sure h*ll dont wanna use autofire at Galaga :o)

Is there any reason not to give judges analinp then?...Like for autofire detector.

Anyways, if Jeff and Ron will do checking by themselves, It's definitely ok for me ;) (read -lazy...)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

...Silence of the lambs
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

I take the silence as a "no "or a "who cares" I find that pathetic and irritating. At least somone could post and say "YES" or "NO" Is that so hard?

But maybe that is the new way of MARP? the who cares way..

Just my opinion.

QRS

ps if something has been said outside this thread about this, and things are settled on the "no" or "yes" part I apologize. My only source to this is this post, that´s the reason I´m writing this.
QRS
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Sorry for the delayed response. The answer is NO from past editor discusions. The theory is the more we let it out the easier it would be to get into the hands of people who would use it to get around it's detections. The good news is, the new alpha mame will do away the need for an analysis program for slowdowns because it WILL (with a much greater extent than previous mames and analysis) determine the speed recorded. But autofire detection will still need the analysis for detection. And for now it [the analinp.exe program] will be kept under raps.
-skito