K5 Round 9 - Hook

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Play hard and we'll get another chance in the final! Or is this a trap ;).
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Is DES = TJT ???

Both have their favorite games to play on K5 tourney, but not able to submit any replay. I think NOT! :P

BTW, RAX! Where is your replay or otherwise it may be a preview of Team USA vs Team Italy tourney as Marco propose while back before K5 was started. :P Team USA is ahead. 1-0.
:lol:

NotMan
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Well...
So much for me in this Tournament. I think there will be no need to post my 3million+ score after this... 8O
Pat, You are too much powerful for me in this game. Wery good work, I liked your technique with the last boss, you discovered how to leech barrels, and many other things. :!:
I was using Ace, to score more points than Peter throwing away the villains, but thete were two problems: First of all I'm not able to complete two loops in a week using grab'n'jump'n'throw moves; Second, barrel leeching is impossible wit Ace. Only Peter and Pockets can do that, and while Peter gets 2000, Pockets takes 1300.
But I think I could not reach even your first 4.5mil score in this week, 15mil+ is on the moon for me :(

Des, I've had a second chance to meet You, but whatever You will do I think now I've really lost it :wink:
As I said, I'm anyway very happy to have reached this position, and I wish to thank coordinators, the valuable guys I played with, and all the other players who joined this tournament.
Good luck pat33999
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Bummer! :( Rax, I thought you may have a chance to beat Pat.

Well. I figure you guys are playing poker face on this round. I wonder why you guys are holding your best cards until the last minute of this round, except Pat. I think Pat got the ACES on the rocks. Wondering if Rax got Straight Flush or Royal to beat Pat. ;)

Yeah! The Pro, I believe DES is still bluffing at you unless if he got a good cards to beat ya. We'll see...

NotMan
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

NotMan wrote:Is DES = TJT ???
Does Bush shit in the woods?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

No bluffing from me, Yesterday I play one time only :( Today, I don't know :(
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

That's it for me, should have played earlier in the week since both deaths were retarded. Good 10M for the first loop though.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Congrats to Pat33999 and The Pro for advancing the next round. I'm really disappointed at DES and RAX for not submitting any replay this week. No wonder this round has become a poker face tourney. IMO, to be a good sportmanship you must show your cards not bluffing nor folding the cards. Who cares if your score didn't beat your opponent's score, but at least that you try?

DES, I have to ask you if you're will participate the next round or not. It wouldn't be unfair to Pat has to play next round by himself. Otherwise if you decide not to play this round, lets us know how you feel or we should start the final round without you.

So this poker face tourney must be stopped as my humble opinion. It is really killing the spirit of knockout tourney. It was supposed to be fun and challenging your opponent for fun not saving one or none replays until the end. I'm sorry that I have to speak myself as my own opinion as one of coordinator. :(

NotMan
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

My prize for getting to the final round is a week at Funspot! I'm lucky that it coincides exactly with the break week for the losers bracket final. Leaving sunday morning and will return next sunday just in time to see the final 2 games.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

NotMan wrote:DES, I have to ask you if you're will participate the next round or not. It wouldn't be unfair to Pat has to play next round by himself. Otherwise if you decide not to play this round, lets us know how you feel or we should start the final round without you.

So this poker face tourney must be stopped as my humble opinion. It is really killing the spirit of knockout tourney. It was supposed to be fun and challenging your opponent for fun not saving one or none replays until the end. I'm sorry that I have to speak myself as my own opinion as one of coordinator. :(
I know you don't like it when someone chooses not to submit a score at all during the round, but it doesn't mean that they're eliminated completely. It's understandable that someone who doesn't have enough time to play wouldn't want to submit at all and go on record as having a score that they don't think lived up to their full potential, so they might as well have a score of 0.

I don't like it when people hold out on uploading anything until the last day too, but it seems to be something that's often unavoidable with these tournaments. Much respect to Pat for pretty much always uploading throughout the round, that's what we like to see. :)

So with no last-minute surprises, the results are...

The Pro (13,816,700) defeats destructor@HotTeam.pl (0)

pat33999 (16,817,200) eliminates RAX@AIVA (0)

so yep, it's destructor vs. Pat next round in the loser's bracket finals. Have a good time at Funspot, Martin. :)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Sory, but I didn't have time to play, I'm in divorce time (daughter is with me) :) I will try to play in next round but I'm not sure about my free time. My life is changed 180 degrees. Never more wife ;)

PS. I counted that my real score for Hook without problems can be 12mln for 2 loops (1 loop score a bit over 6mln), heh. One stupid play.
Last edited by destructor on Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

NotMan, *I* am really disappointed to RAX for having had such a low skill in this game, but it's sadly the truth. I apologize to You, and to pat339999, and to all the others spectators of this tournament if my acts offended you. But I wrote more than 1 day before the deadline that I was out. You called me bummer, would have been that different if I posted my shitty results instead of writing down a post?

I don't change the amount of time I play a game according to the results of my opponent. The only case I do this is when my opponent is far far ahead from me. If I can't see any hope my mind gives up, It's what happened in the terrible Plump Pop round. I played until I saw zylquin's results, but this time there have been a strong difference: pat killed my hopes when the very first day wasn't even finished!
You find a game you don't feel very confortable with, you play something and you don't see improvements, you look at the board... BANG! 4.5millions, first day!
And what happens next? You try, you try, you try, and while you see you aren't getting any better... BANG! 11millions, third day. What is in your head then, after 80+ days in succession of strong efforts?
In mine there were sadness and tiredness. I decided anyway to play until the end of the round to post something, and guess what? I didn't even reach fourth boss! Do you fancy posting this? I don't.
But I'm *really* sorry if this thing has disappointed you or someone else, and if I will be again in such a situation I will post my results in any case.

Des, I'm sorry for you :( . And I'm not talking about the tournament.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

RAX! I'm sorry to hear you that feel uncomfortable that your opponent (Pat) did better than you. At least you could have tried your best and you should have submit one replay that you did the best you could do instead of I have to write down this post wondering why you didn't submit at all. You know what, "I made this far and I did the best I could do, so what if my opponent is better than me. I suck... so what? Time to move on. "

Remember Rax, you made in the top 4 out of 43 players and you should be proud of yourself and you made this far as nobody could think you could done it by yourself. :) :) :)

DES, I'm sorry hearing about your divorce. My cousin did the same thing at same time as you did. She left her 4 children and went back home and started an new life. Leaving her children with ex-husband wasn't a wise choice that she did. Women!!! I do not really understand them very well. One thing, they wanted to be HELD and LOVE you to death for a long time. One of these days, you know she wakes up and decide to go on her new life without you. :(

I hope you have enough time to play the next round if you have more time. I just remember that you said to TRB earlier, "You don't have a chance to play against me in two days!" :lol: :lol:

Good luck on the next round, DES and Pat. :)

NotMan
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Also, assumably those 43 players in the tournament are into games and much much more better than average person at it.
So that makes the achievement reaching top 4 even more worthy.
Well done. 8)
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Sorry to hear about your divorce Destructor. Looks like we all have to go through hard times sooner or later. :(
Anyway, hope the change was for the better!
Best of luck!!!