K5 Grand Finals

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

and that's that! Going above and beyond with victory in both games, Martin is the grand champion of the MAME Knockout Tournament 5! CONGRATULATIONS!

Of course, congrats also to Pat for putting in a very strong 2nd-place performance, coming back through the entire loser's bracket to the finals! That meant playing in every game with no break weeks, which is very impressive.

I of course also want to thank everyone that participated, and for putting up with all the little problems we ran into with the tournament along the way ;) I think the best part of the tournament was all of the incredibly amazing recordings that came about. Hell, several people ended up breaking the world record on the first elimination game, Over Top!! And that was followed by more crazy stuff... Metrackle the mutant puzzle freak finishing Maniac Square, TRB's impressive Bonk score (and leeching, haha), Martin's new MARP high on Air Gallet, Pat's Strike Force clear (although that didn't happen until after the round), Metamoqester being finished by 3 players when it hadn't been finished at all on MARP before, etc. Good job everyone.

I will post some more about my thoughts regarding the tournament and future tournaments in the "Knockout - future tournaments" thread later.

And of course, the full official rankings (note that in bracket rounds, when multiple players were eliminated, the higher place was given for higher score in that round):

1st: Martin Bedard (The_Pro)
2nd: pat33999
3rd: destructor@HotTeam.pl
4th: RAX@AIVA
5th: TRB@MetroidTeam
6th: Nanni
7th: JYD@jvrm.net
8th: mahlemiut
9th: sikraiken
10th: saru3000
11th: gastrainga
12th: zylquin
13th: Jason Dyer
14th (3-way tie): Abbe, BDFil, Phil Lamat
17th: Gerhard Schindler
18th: Metrackle
19th: (6-way tie): IB_Angelo__, LeClaquerFou@jvrm.net, MORENO@TeamBrazil, Sampras@AIVA, TJT, Udirnel
25th: Marco Marocco
26th: Kaczor
27th: RJM
28th: JLr-DF
29th (4-way tie): Ace13, GEMANT@AIVA, John Cunningham, ZB
33rd: DieseL@HotTeam.pl
34th: gameboy9
35th: Wuzel@HotTeam.pl
36th: zarouk@jvrm.net
37th: Don Hayes
38th: Donut
39th: Koza
40th (4-way tie): asn007@HotTeam.pl, Francois Daniel, Frankie, haynor@HotTeam.pl
Last edited by BBH on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Thanks for the congrats. Great game to all players, this was an excellent tournament. Good games all around (I was lucky enough to skip metamoqester :) ). Found a few good ones that I'll enjoy in the future.
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

YES SIR! YOU DESERVE TO TAKE A NICE HOT SHOWER! :D

Really, amazing performance guys... hope to see you in future tournaments!
pat33999
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by pat33999 »

Nice work, Martin. You really live up to your user name. :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Congrats for gold and silver!
:)

Thanks for Knockout coordinators for their work.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Congrats Martin ... very impressive all along the tourney !
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Congrats Martin!

Pat33999 - excellent play in every round, you are excellent player.
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

The_Pro You are *unbreakable* :!:
None of us could stop You, great job.

and pat33999, You really deserved to fight the grand final, running all the looser bracket, with also some of the best scores I will remember of this tournament

I wish to thank our coordinators BBH, Notman and MJS, for their efforts (and for their patience ;) )

See You all guys in future tournaments, and good luck to next coordination team too
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Congrats to The_Pro for winning the K5 tourney. Now, we have an undisputed K5 champion. :) Will The_Pro will challenge T10 to aim for the third consective tourney champion. Maybe we may see a "Grand Slam" champion if The_Pro can prove he is unstoppable, unbeatable wrecking green machine. 8)

Also, Congrats to Pat33999 for being a truest "Iron Man" and he fought all way from the Loser's bracket until the end. He kept playing week by week until the end that nobody couldn't do that. Congrats, again.

Thanks for everybody who participate K5 tourney and had a great time playing in K5 tourney. I (we) were sorry that tourney was too long as we thought it would be. Thanks for playing for K5. :)

Other thoughts I just wanted to add as myself of one of coordinators.

The Most Improved K5 players:

1. Mahlemiut... Yeah! I know and I give him a hard time to get through qualifying rounds, Top16 and Top8 over IIRC. Yes, I know that mahlemiut is going to give me a hard time when T10 start. :P

2. Rax... I find that hard to believe that he made thru to the Top 4 as nobody thought any Italians' players would make that far. :)

3. Nanni... I really did like what he did on early elimination rounds and he did hang on until Top 6. :)

And the rest of K5 tourney. I wish I could add more comments, but it getting too long to write down on this post. :(

Later,

NotMan
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

NotMan wrote: ...

2. Rax... I find that hard to believe that he made thru to the Top 4 as nobody thought any Italians' players would make that far. :)

NotMan
Thank you very much ! I hope this is a joke
Udirnel
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Udirnel »

Big congrats, The_Pro. You deserve your nick and your title.

Udirnel
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

NotMan wrote: Will The_Pro will challenge T10 to aim for the third consective tourney champion.
Nah, I think I'll take a break from tourney's for a while. Plus there's a few T10 games that I don't really feel like playing. Next one for me is Deca 2007 which will probably start around February.
JYD
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by JYD »

Congrats to The_Pro, it was a great demonstration. And congrats to Pat33999, a very great player to.

JYD
RJM
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by RJM »

Eh, might as well join in too. Don't think I'll play quite as much as the Deca but it'll keep me occupied. Just some laid back fun
Congratulations Martin.

I'd hate to see what you were capable of if it WASN'T laid back fun. :twisted:

Cheers

Rob
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

I only used 2/3 of my true power! Or something :lol: . Looking at my game times though, I did play much less than the Deca, except for Air Gallet where I went overboard a bit.