K6 - Round 2 - Tinkle Pit

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

RAX wrote:Does wolf101 prevent reset or pod autorelease?
I never had the reset problem in the first place, but the pod autorelease problem is definitely fixed in wolf101, and button 2 (the yellow ball throw) responds every time when it's supposed to, unlike wolf106.
anyway wolf101 gives me memory problem reloading savestates, I think I will continue with wolf106
I don't even use 101 or 106 for savestates, I've been using 99 for savestate practice (since 99 was I think one of the most stable versions for savestate support?). I would still strongly recommend against using wolf106 at all, the control problems are horrible.
RJM
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by RJM »

Looks like I'm gonna have to concede defeat barring a minor miracle. Any playing time I had left is pretty much screwed. Any further submissions would be "sample drunk replays" if I get any play time at all.

Barring any unforseen miracles, congratulations Zylquin. Good luck in the next round.

OK Mahlemiut, feel free to put shit on the loser Aussie as you see fit.

Cheers

Rob :cry:
SprintGod
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by SprintGod »

SprintGod wrote:This is the last time I leave it until 4 hours before the deadline before I start playing...
I lied.

Though I may not bother at all. I'm bored with crappy games, and I've got better things to do. Like playing not-crappy games. Or picking my nose.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Where are you, Potante?
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Hi :-D

A few word to say that i will announce next game on monday approximatively at 22:30 gmt if i'm not too tired.

Cheers.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

sawys wrote: A few word to say that i will announce next game on monday approximatively at 22:30 gmt if i'm not too tired.
That would be nice.

------

Rax and Nanni are having tough battle...2,9m and 2,8. 8-[
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Congrats Mjsty !

I'm done, i have no time to play more seriously. Good luck for the futur !
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
JYD
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by JYD »

Good luck for next round TJT.

JYD
pat33999
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by pat33999 »

You win Innuendo, good luck in the future rounds. I'm calling it quits early, just so I don't have to play this boring game anymore.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

pat33999 wrote:You win Innuendo, good luck in the future rounds. I'm calling it quits early, just so I don't have to play this boring game anymore.
Thank you, Pat. You´re an excelent player and was a honour to play against you. I will try to do my best.

I had much difficult to understand and to play this game. I´m the worst player in games like these.
Long life to good games
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

xanadu71 wrote:Congrats Mjsty !

I'm done, i have no time to play more seriously. Good luck for the futur !
Thanks LCF, too bad you couldn't put more time into this game :(
Hope to see you again another tournament!
saru3000
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by saru3000 »

I guess that's it for me. Best of luck in the rest of the tourney, Deadful. You should do very well.

Thanks to Marco Marocco, GameBoy9 and Sawys for puting together K6. It was fun.

See you guys at K7.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Hats off not only for the winners but also for the losers.
A little bit rest then show must go on !
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't break 5 million... if I had a game where everything came together, I think I could have "chained" flags up to stage 31. Even with savestates I couldn't consistently get the timing down for the pattern H.T uses for stage 31... maybe there was something subtle in the pattern I was missing. Unfortunately I had at least two games where I died on the stage 23 boss after chaining up to there, and the one time I don't die I screw up on 27 for some bizarre reason. Oh well.

Oh, I also had two games where upon reaching stage 21 I accidentally picked up one of the special powerups (first one was Pacman, second was the falling rocks thing) because the pattern used goes through that part of the screen at the very beginning. I still don't understand why sometimes powerups appear quickly on the screen, and other times they get delayed by a few seconds... nothing in this game makes sense. The "press Start to get a 20k item" trick came in handy here, as I also discovered that you don't have to press the Start button when it appears, you can just hold it down and it'll give you the 20k immediately after it appears on screen. Still, having games where a random powerup screws over your all-important flag chain was just another of the many infuriating things about the game...

Anyways, I'm totally never playing this game again in my life if I can help it and I'm glad this round is over. :D I wonder what the next Namco game will be! (just kidding.... I hope?)
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Next game isn't from Namco ...
It'll be really a surprise (I don't know if nice surprise or not, but I think there will be complaining about it :lol: ).
Sure it's a very important and famous title, imo