Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

GHEMANT wrote:this game is awful.
yup
sometimes the blue pod start without any button pression and combo is lost :evil:
Barry says this might be a problem with the MCU emulation or something, so inputs get screwed up. I've had the exact same problem of it letting go when I was holding the button down the entire time, and I have a lot of problems throwing the yellow ball... there's been times I hammer button 2 and no ball gets thrown, dying because of that is really frustrating.

Hell, in my last submission it didn't register one of my button 1 presses on the name entry screen. Hilarious. This game is so broken.
sometimes some enemies change pattern random. You can play 100 times in the same mode and in 101 play these enemies change :evil: :?: .
Novice wrote:If the pattern what
http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~zekzek/repl ... ays_z.html
does not work,then there is some trouble.
I'm not sure if all of H.T's patterns work every time. The problem is that the Fygars (dragons from Dig Dug) are completely random in when they decide to breathe fire. It can completely throw your pattern off if you don't compensate for them, as you could do a level many times and then one time the Fygar shows up in a place you're not expecting, and then you either die or your flag chain is broken. H.T's recording MIGHT have patterns that work 100% of the time, I'm not really sure. But a game that is so reliant on patterns for scoring well throwing in enemies with completely random behavior is irritating.

I know the K6 coordinators don't want us to criticize the games, so instead I offer this plea: NO MORE NAMCO GAMES. We've played three Namco games in a row. There's something that's just not right about that.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

BBH wrote: I've had the exact same problem of it letting go when I was holding the button down the entire time, and I have a lot of problems throwing the yellow ball... there's been times I hammer button 2 and no ball gets thrown, dying because of that is really frustrating.
Same here on both accounts, especially the yellow ball problem.
Novice wrote:If the pattern what
http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~zekzek/repl ... ays_z.html
does not work,then there is some trouble.
I noticed there must be a replay somewhere by watching one of Sikraiken's replays early on and trying to make my own patterns before. It would be impossible to figure out PERFECT patterns in such a short time.
BBH wrote: I'm not sure if all of H.T's patterns work every time. The problem is that the Fygars (dragons from Dig Dug) are completely random in when they decide to breathe fire. It can completely throw your pattern off if you don't compensate for them, as you could do a level many times and then one time the Fygar shows up in a place you're not expecting, and then you either die or your flag chain is broken.
Good observation Matt.

Also I'd like to add that patterns on H.T: 's recording do not work 100%. Some of them do I think.
However in many cases you have to keep an eye on your enemies and wait until they turn etc...That is to say that some of the patterns are something between a pattern and a...method...
H.T's recording MIGHT have patterns that work 100% of the time, I'm not really sure. But a game that is so reliant on patterns for scoring well throwing in enemies with completely random behavior is irritating.
Yes. Also the fact that there's an inp showing us perfect play with lots of patterns makes the game more like a memory game, a silly copycat competition. That's why this is not so good choice for competition. Having said that I repeat, this is a very nice game.
I know the K6 coordinators don't want us to criticize the games, so instead I offer this plea: NO MORE NAMCO GAMES. We've played three Namco games in a row. There's something that's just not right about that.
I was tempted to criticize over-representation of Japanese games too, but then I noticed Pang might not be Japanese even though it feels like it. :)

So far games have been pretty playable anyway.

------

JYD are you planning to snipe me, or have you not played the game much/at all?
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

gameboy9 wrote:You know what? If you want to use 101 or 116, do it. I'll count it. Sawys is in agreement, so that's majority. So use 101 or 116 if you want.
For what it's worth, 101 doesn't seem to experience the same control glitches that a lot of us have seen in 106 (e.g. having the wire release early even though you kept the button pressed, having the throw button not always throw the ball). Control seems consistent in 101. Note that in 101 to skip the demo screen after you start and to enter your initials you need to use the 3rd button rather than the 1st button. Otherwise, based on a few games, play seems the same. I'm switching to 101.
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

BBH wrote: I know the K6 coordinators don't want us to criticize the games, so instead I offer this plea: NO MORE NAMCO GAMES. We've played three Namco games in a row. There's something that's just not right about that.
Oh you can criticize if you want - it's your right.

It's also our right to respond with "WAH WAH WAH!" :)
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

BBH wrote: I know the K6 coordinators don't want us to criticize the games, so instead I offer this plea: NO MORE NAMCO GAMES. We've played three Namco games in a row. There's something that's just not right about that.
That's the right fate for who picked up Maniac Square (protoshit) :twisted:
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

Marco Marocco wrote:
That's the right fate for who picked up Maniac Square (protoshit) :twisted:
Marco i loved that game 8) (not knowing about the possibility to use patterns)...
...and sadly this year we lost Metrackle, our mutant puzzle freak, on first round :( :(
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Marco wrote:
That's the right fate for who picked up Maniac Square (protoshit)
Let me clarify that Marco said. No one picked Maniac Square. It was the K5 coordinators (including myself) team who picked that game as a TEAM not individual.

I'm really considering withdrawing K6 tourney, due that Marco's post was very insulting to the former K5 tourney coordinators.

NotMan
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

NotMan wrote:Marco wrote:
That's the right fate for who picked up Maniac Square (protoshit)
Let me clarify that Marco said. No one picked Maniac Square. It was the K5 coordinators (including myself) team who picked that game as a TEAM not individual.

I'm really considering withdrawing K6 tourney, due that Marco's post was very insulting to the former K5 tourney coordinators.

NotMan
Maybe Marco post is a joke :?:
Andi, i think, you was joking in some of your posts at the end of K5...
but the last post dont seem a joke... and that isn't so funny :(

:)

and if you can continue the tournament now is a BBH's choice :twisted: <--joke
Last edited by Nanni on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

what is this with hating games in every tournament? It's usually what a part of what a game is, most are funky, they all have quirks, some worse than others...

withdrawing from the tournament? i'd be happy to still be playing even leprechaun, if i had qualified.
-skito
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

my replay today:

stage 1~13: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~07: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~14: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~10: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~05: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~17: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC

:x
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

GHEMANT wrote:my replay today:

stage 1~13: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~07: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~14: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~10: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~05: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC
stage 1~17: blue pod start without any button pression.... combo lost, ESC

:x
Were you using 106 or 101?
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

101 not have these problems?
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Zhorik wrote:
gameboy9 wrote:You know what? If you want to use 101 or 116, do it. I'll count it. Sawys is in agreement, so that's majority. So use 101 or 116 if you want.
For what it's worth, 101 doesn't seem to experience the same control glitches that a lot of us have seen in 106 (e.g. having the wire release early even though you kept the button pressed, having the throw button not always throw the ball). Control seems consistent in 101. Note that in 101 to skip the demo screen after you start and to enter your initials you need to use the 3rd button rather than the 1st button. Otherwise, based on a few games, play seems the same. I'm switching to 101.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Nanni,

:wink: is a joke as scarcasm.

:twisted: is evil look aka twisted evil that isn't a joke. It more like insulting in wicked way to me, imho.

:evil: is pissed off

NotMan
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

Notman,
i edit my post adding last sentence whic end just before "<--joke"
all the thing (including emoticon) is intended as some sort of "dark sarcasm"
This is the way i say this thing and i hope this is only a misunderstandig
i make wrong use of emoticons?... maybe
I need to apologize?... dont think so but if you need i will put ashes on my head (<--Joke)

Please stop this thing here (<-- serious)

Peace Man :D