K6 - Round 5 - Undercover Cops

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

sikraiken wrote:Also, why hasn't anything been posted about the 50k bonus per life if you finish the game? It's been over two days now.
Yeah um, a ruling on this would really be nice.
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

I personally have no opinion and defer to Sawys and Marco here... which is why I personally haven't said anything.

But if they have no opinion either, then no bonus will be applied, the way I see it.

Guess you can chalk it up to our expert game selection process. :)
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

gameboy9 wrote:I personally have no opinion and defer to Sawys and Marco here... which is why I personally haven't said anything.

But if they have no opinion either, then no bonus will be applied, the way I see it.

Guess you can chalk it up to our expert game selection process. :)
Personnaly against ... The game is like this. The other romset have a better calculation but we play at the parent so play and do what you must to win.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Uhh. So basically you guys are saying that 10 minutes of leeching on stage 2 is A-OK, but implementing a sensible bonus for finishing the game (am I crazy for thinking that there should be a decent reward for actually finishing it?) is out of the question. 3 out of the 8 remaining players had already agreed that the bonus was a good idea, nobody had posted anything against it. Wow, congratulations on completely dropping the ball on this one.

I already stated before why there needs to be some sort of bonus in place. 9999 points for killing the last boss is a pitiful amount. Although not posted in this thread, sikraiken pointed out to me that killing the last boss in the Japanese version is worth 1 million points. That's more than the usual 10 times the score comparison between the Japanese/World version, that's 100 times. World version should've been 100k, or 99999 points.... 9999 is just a joke. You actually get more points from picking up certain food items when your life bar is full, then you do from killing the last boss. What a joke.

I guess what really makes this disappointing is that it took THREE DAYS to get any sort of response on this. It took nearly half the alloted playtime for the round to get a yes/no response. Now, I know we all have lives and whatnot, but as coordinators you should feel some responsibility for answering important game-related issues that the players might have questions about, in a timely manner. I also know that coordinators might want to discuss those issues privately before issuing a response, but it doesn't look like anything of the sort happened here. If you guys really aren't comfortable enough with the game to answer an important question, well...
gameboy9 wrote:Guess you can chalk it up to our expert game selection process.
Yeah, I guess that sums it up.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

4 days ago, BBH asked the K6 coordinators regarding about the rules of Undercops. How is this game supposed to be played.

To Leech or Not to Leech! Isn't that a question???

It took nearly 3 days to get one of K6 coordinator to respond the question.

The first one said, "No comment. Wait for the other two to answer the question."

The second one said, in 3-4 hours later, "No! I'm against it!"

The third one never respond the question

On the fourth day, Everybody is wondering what happened to the third guy was. He has disappeared from MARP in weeks and no one really knows where he been hiding. Has those guys having communication problems, lately???

Is that the third guy is a secret undercop for the Italian gov't disguising himself from being a lawyer. ;)

The Truth is Out There and I Want to Believe.

NotMan
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

NotMan wrote:To Leech or Not to Leech! Isn't that a question???
Actually that wasn't the question I asked.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

limited leeching is allowed
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Might have to bow out of this one, got back from Funspot today and I'm exhausted. I have 2 hours to play after class today but I doubt it'll be much of an effort. (not a trap)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Marco Marocco wrote:limited leeching is allowed
why did you completely ignore my post? do you have some problem with me now?
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I'm going to go ahead and resign this round to let my opponent stop worrying. I've been sick all week and haven't been able to play. I apologize to my opponent and the other players for not being able to make a better effort this round.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Let me make it official as well, just too busy today. That`s the unfortunate problem with the knockout format, it`s hard to be able to have time every week.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

BBH wrote:3 out of the 8 remaining players had already agreed that the bonus was a good idea, nobody had posted anything against it
Players are no coordinators so i let you BLAH BLAH BLAH and personally i had too much work to read about your x.... complaint.

I had no Internet connection for several days (obliged to change my internet provider) and quickly answered according to the announcement.

I HATE when rules changed during a contest.

Please stop about comparing two versions which are completely different. Maybe that World persons are worst than Japan but programmers decided like this and we can't change this thing.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

sawys wrote:we can't change this thing.
You could have. This was pointed out early on, and for the tournament atleast, it would have been nice to have some reason to complete the game.

Good luck in the next round, BBH. Sorry I didn't have time these past few days to put toward the game.

Thanks coordinators + the rest of the players.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Hmm, how many people have dropped out due to being busy? Seems like there have been a lot. Don't really have a solution for it though, long tournament gets boring and short rounds means more people won't have that time frame free. Guess you could always quit real life :) .
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

The_Pro wrote:Hmm, how many people have dropped out due to being busy? Seems like there have been a lot. Don't really have a solution for it though, long tournament gets boring and short rounds means more people won't have that time frame free. Guess you could always quit real life :) .
I have tests and projects due now, and finals are coming up fairly soon as well so it's hard to find a lot of time to play. It's difficult to make the "perfect tournament" I guess. : )