K6 - Round 7 - Grand Final - Salamander

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

BBH, champion, CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOU!! You´re an excellent player. Played different games, some of them, you didn´t liked, but however, YOU PLAYED ON YOUR PERFORMANCE. You´re number 1! :)

Valter, my friend, and champion too. Because in every tournament, he is getting better, and better. I wish to play against BBH, but no problem. In this case, the important was to have a brazilian in a Knockout finals. Valter, I´m proud of you. Congratulations, my great friend.

Well, about me. Chad invited me, Marco invited me and JLr invited me. Now I´m in vacation from the university, but in that days I was thinking in don´t join the tournament. I was full of tests and works to do. I´m very happy to stay behind BBH, Valter and Redstar. I didn´t know that I could go so farway. I thought I would lose in Round 5.

Congratulations for Sawys, Marco and Gameboy9. These three gentlemen that made a very exciting tournament. You´re great, guys. 100% success on your lives. Now it´s time for you play on regular competition. :) You deserve too. lol.

Well, now I can go back to play for some weeks. If possible, I´ll join the K7.

"Was a worth experience". :)
Long life to good games
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Congrats Matt !
Just curious : what was the round for which you worried the most ?
I would tend to say "flipshot" as I was thinking that Redstar (who improved 3 times on 2nd day of the round to reach 360k+) could have something better than your 400k+ mark.
But I may be wrong
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Congrats BBH again!
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Congrats BBH and well played Valter! =D>
JYD
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by JYD »

Congrats BBH, you're always the best player, so be it :)

Congrats Valter and Innuendo, 2 brasilians in the last quarter and congrats RedStar, third of competition and the first european player.

Thanks to Sawys, Marco and Gameboy9, it was a great KO :)
Kaiser
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Kaiser »

Congratulations BBH, i knew you could win K6 :lol: of course players like innuendo or valter were playing also great
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

Welp... congratulations once again BBH... you are indeed the MAME Champion. Congratulations to everybody else for an exciting tournament.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Thank you, Kaiser and JYD. You´re great players, guys!! :D

Was a honour for me join this important tournament. Now, I´m vacation and I can play again. See you, MARPERS! :)
Long life to good games
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Phil Lamat wrote:Just curious : what was the round for which you worried the most ?
It's hard to say, I was worried in every round when we got to the top 8!

if sikraiken's claims were true I think he could have very well taken me out on Undercover Cops since he seemed to know some trick to the leeching that I didn't. Luckily for me, sikraiken has a bad habit of putting off actually playing the games until the last minute, and he couldn't get a good run before time was up...

RedStar and Flip Shot, well I was pretty worried about that too since he made progress pretty quickly, and figured he'd be able to push his score higher after I'd posted my inp and made public all the information regarding the scoring system. Maybe he just didn't want to play it any more (can't say I could really blame him if this was the case)

And the final round, well of course I was worried since we were both pretty much keeping each other in the dark until we made our big reveals 12 hours before the deadline. I wasn't quite sure how far he would get, since he had already made a protest about how I'm "better" at shmups and he knew he'd need to work hard on this. I was definitely worried since I wanted to reach the 4th loop but couldn't even get a single recording to 3-5, which made me wonder if it would be enough. I was banking on the hope that much like me, TRB was dying at random points in the earlier loops (which seems to have happened, anyway)

So to answer that question - I don't know! Leading up to the deadlines I wasn't really sure of victory at any of those points.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

worried or not, bbh put on a tremendous performance and analytical skills. Congrats to him and all the players!
-skito
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

A bit late to this, and my apologies for that, but congratulations on your win BBH! Well fought to the end!

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.