Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: K7 - Round 1 - Part 1 - Golden Axe (goldnaxj) no magic rule

Post by destructor »

GHEMANT wrote:BBH is missed! :cry: and Destructor?
Sorry, no time for me in this Knockout. Very good classic arcade game for first round.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

destructor wrote:
Sorry, no time for me in this Knockout.
Oh nooooo :? :cry:
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I watched The_Pro replay. After 20 years I see now how this game is simple and easy :lol:
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

jesus it's only been a few days, and I've been busy with other things.
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

Seeing as The_Pro showed us his "secret" technique for dropping that third skeleton in the pit, it is probably right that I show the 2 secrets I found (although Ghemant knew one of them). I didn't want to mess up Ghemant's impossible challenge by revealing stuff that he was keeping secret, but he more recently gave enough information (3 techniques: 3pts, 7.5pts, 18pts) for us to figure them out more easily.

Anyway, watch my latest recording to see the first 2 of those.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Knew about the level 2 amazon, thought about second but couldn't (still can't) make it work. No idea on the third, maybe something about animals.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Thought I had it, but I fail at counting.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

No idea on the third, maybe something about animals.
I had a few ideas, but none of them seemed to work. I figure the extra points must be from either dropping more bodies in the pit or from killing some enemies multiple times.

I can't see anyone else to throw into a pit. I had thought about the first black clubman on stage 4 because there are two big steps before him and I thought that perhaps falling that far would count as falling out the screen, but it doesn't look like that works. I had thought about getting the extra guy on stage 2 to walk off the edge after the amazon, but the game teleports enemies back if they go too far. I also thought about throwing the amazon on stage 1 off the stage from that raised platform, but there is an invisible wall there.

About killing enemies multiple times, the throw doesn't kill the enemy until they land. I thought perhaps there was a way to throw the enemy and then score a killing hit, perhaps with a headbutt or roll attack, but the body goes too far, too fast. I thought about throwing the enemy into a wall so it doesn't go too far, but that doesn't work either.

About animals, I thought about getting an enemy to shoot a fireball and throwing someone into the fireball, but enemy projectiles go through other enemies so I don't expect that to work, although I haven't tried it. I thought about using the blue dragon to do a charge and then flame, perhaps the flame would strike a second killing blow, possibly using a wall, but didn't have much luck there. I also thought about using the chicken leg to charge and sweep those big brothers for a second killing blow, but I have no will left to test such things.

So I'm pretty much out of ideas about where to find extra points.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

verty wrote:
I had a few ideas, but none of them seemed to work. I figure the extra points must be from either dropping more bodies in the pit or from killing some enemies multiple times.

I can't see anyone else to throw into a pit. I had thought about the first black clubman on stage 4 because there are two big steps before him and I thought that perhaps falling that far would count as falling out the screen, but it doesn't look like that works. I had thought about getting the extra guy on stage 2 to walk off the edge after the amazon, but the game teleports enemies back if they go too far. I also thought about throwing the amazon on stage 1 off the stage from that raised platform, but there is an invisible wall there.

About killing enemies multiple times, the throw doesn't kill the enemy until they land. I thought perhaps there was a way to throw the enemy and then score a killing hit, perhaps with a headbutt or roll attack, but the body goes too far, too fast. I thought about throwing the enemy into a wall so it doesn't go too far, but that doesn't work either.

About animals, I thought about getting an enemy to shoot a fireball and throwing someone into the fireball, but enemy projectiles go through other enemies so I don't expect that to work, although I haven't tried it. I thought about using the blue dragon to do a charge and then flame, perhaps the flame would strike a second killing blow, possibly using a wall, but didn't have much luck there. I also thought about using the chicken leg to charge and sweep those big brothers for a second killing blow, but I have no will left to test such things.

Verty, please, what is your nick on marp site? I want to watch your inp.
Long life to good games
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

INNUENDO wrote:
verty wrote:

Verty, please, what is your nick on marp site? I want to watch your inp.
http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... xlines=999
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

Thanks, sawys. I probably should have attached the inp to make it easier to find. In fact, I'll do that now, although this is not a new submission and does not need to be processed.
Attachments
goldnaxj_1553_VTY_106.zip
(48.27 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Thanks, Sawys and Verty. :)
Long life to good games
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Out of leaderboard (for now)

In last replay SFCHAMP claimed 3,625pts. Correct score is 1290!!
in last replay RichyS claimed 950pts. Correct score is 525!!
SFCHAMPION
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by SFCHAMPION »

GHEMANT wrote:Out of leaderboard (for now)

Thanks Gemant it was a wrong file, now i've tried to put the right one but i get some kind of error that does not allow me to send the "same" score what i have to do?

Thanks! ;)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

SFCHAMPION wrote:
GHEMANT wrote:Out of leaderboard (for now)

Thanks Gemant it was a wrong file, now i've tried to put the right one but i get some kind of error that does not allow me to send the "same" score what i have to do?

Thanks! ;)
If your old score is 1290 then:
1. Prepare your new replay to send, in field "SCORE" write 1291
2. Submit new score
3. Click "EDIT" and change score from 1291 to 1290.