K8 - Round 2 - Puzzle Bobble 2 (pbobble2j)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: K8 - Round 2 - Puzzle Bobble 2 (pbobble2j)

Post by Kale »

ZID wrote:
Kale wrote:Yeah, imho that's also quite against the basic sportsmanship as well. Final result on PAC vs. The Pro is 0 - 0, so it definitely needs some decision from the knockout tourneys. Any thoughts?
Kale wrote:Question: what happens if both players in a head to head match doesn't submit anything or for whatever (almost impossible) case their scores are the same? Who passes the turn? Presumably the best ranked one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question vs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_%28linguistics%29

Are you going to estabilish a rule from an unanswered question?
shoesama
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by shoesama »

If a tiebreaker involves the players doing something, it has to be resolved before the next game is announced to prevent abuse.

EX: if me and sikraiken are friends and up against each other, we can tie, then when the next game is announced, if I'm worse than sikraiken at that game I can lose the tiebreaker on purpose.

If the tiebreaker is something that can't be changed by player actions though, then you can theoretically announce the tiebreaker results whenever.

Right now there's plenty of time to determine what happens either way, but just throwing this out there.
The king of lamer - winner of K8
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

And, before Spanish people will start toss some hatred I must say this:

This case never happened before, and I don't care if you are from Spain, Ukraine or Italy. So it clearly needs some regulation because whatever we decide for this case it will be applied for all the future cases. But it's clearly a case where both players didn't submitted anything in the whole 7 days period and there's also the slight suspect that one of them cheated on the date anyway. Rules are there to be applied not for nothing.

And, in either cases, there isn't anything personal about all of this. I could let anybody external to the tourney (perhaps Skito?) to decide or put all of this on a one day quick voting if you believe in the "Italian organizers are evil people sons of a biatch" crap and want a "neutral" thought.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

PAC-MAN wrote:I think 0-0 it´s Technically a tie. We would have to break a tie
in this case there isn't a tie, because no inp for this round. If was 52.300 pts vs 52.300 pts (for exemple) was a real tie.

Now the situation is difficult but is necessary decide with other coordinators.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

GHEMANT wrote:
PAC-MAN wrote:I think 0-0 it´s Technically a tie. We would have to break a tie
in this case there isn't a tie, because no inp for this round. If was 52.300 pts vs 52.300 pts (for exemple) was a real tie.

Now the situation is difficult but is necessary decide with other coordinators.
I understand it. It would be a real pity not to be able to compete any more but decide what they should decide I agree. No problem. its only a game. ;)
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Kale wrote:And, before Spanish people will start toss some hatred I must say this:

This case never happened before, and I don't care if you are from Spain, Ukraine or Italy. So it clearly needs some regulation because whatever we decide for this case it will be applied for all the future cases. But it's clearly a case where both players didn't submitted anything in the whole 7 days period and there's also the slight suspect that one of them cheated on the date anyway. Rules are there to be applied not for nothing.

And, in either cases, there isn't anything personal about all of this. I could let anybody external to the tourney (perhaps Skito?) to decide or put all of this on a one day quick voting if you believe in the "Italian organizers are evil people sons of a biatch" crap and want a "neutral" thought.
I am Spanish and I am not going to criticize anybody. On the other hand, I do not think that the Italians are a bad people, on the contrary they are a marvellous people , in fact, the cousins of my wife are italian. I like fair play and I will accept his decision
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Open the spot up to me and anyone else and whoever has the highest score takes that spot in the bracket. ;)
shoesama
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by shoesama »

MJSTY vs everyone

the ultimate head to head
Massimo Gaspari
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Massimo Gaspari »

I'm sorry for PAC but unfortunately did not follow the time line to send any inp.
He had a week to send any score and would have been enough to go through.
The Pro also had already announced his retirement yesterday ....

This is a case that has never happened in the past and we coordinators have decided to choose the 15 players remaining in the race by choosing:

A - Mjsty directly to the next round (of course sending a inp)

B - A "lucky loser" takes the place (the best score of the eliminated people)

The vote should be by tomorrow, however, before the announcement of the new game.
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

shoesama wrote:MJSTY vs everyone

the ultimate head to head
Bring it on!!!!!!! :twisted: :lol:
shoesama
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by shoesama »

edit: ignore what i just posted in this post
Last edited by shoesama on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Massimo Gaspari wrote:I'm sorry for PAC but unfortunately did not follow the time line to send any inp.
He had a week to send any score and would have been enough to go through.
The Pro also had already announced his retirement yesterday ....

This is a case that has never happened in the past and we coordinators have decided to choose the 15 players remaining in the race by choosing:

A - Mjsty directly to the next round (of course sending a inp)

B - A "lucky loser" takes the place (the best score of the eliminated people)

The vote should be by tomorrow, however, before the announcement of the new game.

No problem, was my fault, I understand it, thank for all. See you next competition.;)
RdP
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by RdP »

B
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Hi guys!

Firstly, I think the coordinators would ask The_Pro if he agree in PAC move to the next round (considering The_Pro said previously "I forfeit"). If has agreement, the 2nd step would ask to MJS if he agree too. If yes, then let's move on!

Not ok? Considering THE RULES, I think there are many suggestions (including funny ones):
1) No one passes! Next week MJS need to submit any score higher than 0 to pass to Quarter-Final;
2) The "best looser" passes (is TheBSM, isn't it?);
3) The best ranked on weeks 1+2+3 (would be PAC);
4) The best placed on previous Knockouts (would be The_Pro);
5a) Tie-braker in 24 (or less) hours: the game? "Pac-Man" :D
5b) Tie-braker in 24 (or less) hours: the game? "Smash T.V.", "1942" or "Out Run" :D
6a) All the players "eliminated on last week" against MJS :) lol (as Brazilian, I loved this one ;) Good luck 'hermano'! )
6b) Like 6a, but including PAC and The_Pro - against MJS;
6c) Like 6a, but all the players of K8 - against MJS;
7) "Heads or tails" between PAC and The_Pro.

No coments, please :)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
nii-san
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by nii-san »

For my part I will try to make it easy for the organizers. I think that right is the option B.