[K9] Round 2 - Go Go! Mile Smile (gogomile)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: [K9] Round 2 - Go Go! Mile Smile (gogomile)

Post by Barra »

Awsome work RAX thanks for that
Andrew Barrow
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I´m with problems to upload my score. I did 394.120 pts, but it doesn´t appears in the LOADS link. I´ve changed the score to 394.140 to see if could be possible to appear. Did no work. :(

Where´s Gastrainga? Like Marco asked before about his rival, I´m waiting for him for a fair play.

I´m very bad in this game. :(
Long life to good games
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Your replay is correctly in position.
The default setting for "Loads" link is to show only positions better than (or equal to) 20th.
Click "Loads" link, go to the bottom of the page and change the value of "worst position to show" to whatever you need.
Your inp is in position 38 now, so every number >=38 will be ok

This link will work fine too :wink:
http://replay.marpirc.net/index.cgi?mod ... layer=innu
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Whats with this asking your opponet to post a score in the name of fair play?? If you're worried your opponet might be witholding a score then I would encourage you to continue to improve your score as best you can. This is a heads up match, I dont believe there are rules about posting so your opponet can see what he needs to shoot for. In fact a far better strategy would be to wait so your opponet doesnt see how good (or bad) you are on the current game, forcing you to play at the top of your game regardless. (Or catching you off guard when you sit back on your score you think is good enough to win) When you guys say fair play what you're really asking for is your opponet to reveal information about his hand. In poker that woukld be called cheating. So remember this is a competition and players dont have to reveal to you the score you need to shoot for. Sure if two players want to go back in forth in a friendly contest, revealing each others score as they go along that is fine and entertains the spectators. I personally mix together both elements of revelation and ambiguity.
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Well, I just submitted my feeble attempt ;) Not sure if I'll get much time to play, as I'm heading off to the shindig in Ottumwa Iowa shortly. I may be able to play a bit on the road, since I'm not driving (if I can stay awake :lol: )
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Hi all! Less than ONE day left for R2! About 23h30 left from now! Good luck!

@ TrauMan: please edit the description of your 262,740 score and add "K9", to reflect the correct rankings. Thanks!

PS.: CrazyKongFan, please say that TRB_MetroidTeam said hello for some players there in Ottumwa event! :D And good trip for you!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

INNUENDO wrote:Where´s Gastrainga? Like Marco asked before about his rival, I´m waiting for him for a fair play.
Sorry Innuendo, I was very busy this week and played this game the first time tonight. Whatever scores I have I will send.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I'd like to remind all players of the K9 rule:
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote: - You need to submit in less than 48 hours after the playing/recording. If you are in the last day of the round (time left of the round is less than 24 hours), the record must be uploaded in less than 24 hours after the playing/recording.
Several players did NOT follow this rule in the first round based on the timestamps of their recordings and their submission times. I got busy and didn't have time to post or PM TRB about it though and it was only the qualification round so it didn't really matter much. Going forward though please make sure you comply with this rule! Since there are less than 24 hours left in this second round this rule means all recordings must be submitted to MARP less than 24 hours after when you made the recording. Also a friendly reminder that if MARP goes down (unless it is for a long time) or you have network/computer problems and you don't submit the recording in time that is your problem for sitting on the recording, so please don't ask for permission to send in scores late that you could have sent in on time.

If you have questions about this rule please ask so you can avoid having submissions disqualified.
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Zhorik is right! Scores that did NOT follow the will be disqualified. If you are in this situation, you have enough time to play and record again. There are 7h40 until the R2 deadline.

I also ask everyone that can help verifying other players INPs (mainly your rival(s)) and point out any illegality, please do it. Considering I will update the R3 brackets as soon as R3 starts, there is possibility of any disqualification (or changing in the score) until 48 hours after the deadline, and it can result in some changes in the R3 matches.

Thanks!
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

For now, some notes:

1 - We will accept NewComers in Round 3 (the last chance to join K9) using the same rule as Round 2 (48h to announce interest, and additional 24h to submit).

2 - Losers Brackets, for Round 3, are the following:

#051 = L001 vs L002 vs LL022
#052 = L003 vs L004 vs LL019
#053 = L005 vs L006 vs LL028
#054 = L007 vs L008 vs LL015
#055 = L009 vs L010
#056 = L011 vs L012
#057 = L013 vs L014
#058 = L015 vs L016
#059 = L017 vs L018
#060 = L019 vs L020
#061 = L021 vs L022
#062 = L023 vs L024
#063 = L025 vs L026
#064 = L027 vs L028
#065 = L029 vs L030 vs LL011
#066 = L031 vs L032 vs LL005
#067 = L033 vs L034 vs LL002

Please look at the Brackets link above for reference.
BRACKETS HERE (work in progress)

# is the number of the match (number of the game);
W is the winner player (1st place) of a match;
L is the loser player (2nd place) of a match;
LL is the other loser player (3rd place) of a match.

For example, the first match of the Losers R3 is the match #051, and it is: the 2nd placed in match #001 versus the 2nd placed in match #002 versus the 3rd placed in match #022. I will update the Excel file as soon as possible.
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Two matches with no scores yet:
- shadowbringer (21) vs (28) Gurk
- The_Pro (5) vs (44) coffeejoerx

What will happen if they remain this way after midnight? Both players in loser bracket in some place and free pass for their opponent in winner bracket?
Last edited by RAX on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Sent a quick one, busy week.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

RAX wrote:Two matches with no scores yet:
- shadowbringer (21) vs (28) Gurk
- The_Pro (5) vs (44) coffeejoerx

What will happen if they remain this way after midnight? Both players in loser bracket in some place and free pass for their opponent in winner bracket?
Official Rules (this is the importance of playing R1):
- If the records are tied, the player who submitted earlier will have preference. In a head-to-head match, if both players did not submit during the round, the player best placed in Round 1 will have preference. If none played Round 1, the player best placed in the previous round will have preference. If the tie persists, Player 1 will have preference (the bracket determines who is Player 1).
About 15 minutes remaining... good luck with your games (or with your cards) ;) !
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

luy_br's gogomile submission of 702,740 only shows an Average Recorded Speed of 75% so it cannot be confirmed. This won't affect pairings though as his opponent, Dax, had a higher score anyway.

All players, when making and checking your recordings, please remember the rule:
- Average recorded speed must be 95% or higher, except if there are a different note in that round (a higher %, for example). Recordings with unstable speed will not be accepted too, also recordings with much more than 100%. Use frameskip if you must.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

A couple more problems with some of the submissions this round. The following 3 submissions appear to have been made after the 12 November 2011, 23:59:59 GMT deadline:

shadowbringer - 590,440 - submitted 02:39:35 13 Nov 2011
giv - 568,260 - submitted 01:12:45 13 Nov 2011
coffeejoerx - 184,440 - submitted 00:48:47 13 Nov 2011

I don't think the late submissions by shadowbringer or coffeejoerx will affect the round results since shadowbringer's opponent Gurk didn't submit anything and shadowbringer had a better first round score, and The Pro still beat coffeejoerx. However if giv's recording is disqualified, AGODZILLA might have won that pairing. I don't know if maybe giv had an earlier submission that beat AGODZILLA's score of 542,920.

Players are reminded that round deadlines are in GMT. You need to remember to translate that into whatever your local time zone is.

-George