http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

RichyS
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Post by RichyS »

unclechicken wrote:
RichyS wrote:Not sure if it is a ROM issue, but whatever front-end I try my ship moves itself to the extreme right edge of the screen and won't move left. Running Win Vista if anyone has any clues / pointers.

<edit> OK, I think that it may be a ROM issue - same issues when running directly from command prompt - will search for new ROMs

Cheers

RichyS
Have you got a joypad with analog sticks on it? (Like on the PS2 and 3?) If so this made my MAME games go funny because of a bad calibration. If not, check your PM's.
Well I never - unplugging the old PS2 faithful did the trick. No issue with this on 0.106.

Keyboard / dreadful score it is then :)

Cheers

RichyS
unclechicken
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by unclechicken »

I did have the above problem like I said, but go into Windows control panel/game controllers, and really configure/calibrate the joypad, move the analog thumb sticks around when it says Press all directions on the Dpad, try to get it in the centre and move it in all 4 corners.

This sometimes works.
Yar
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Yar »

bigbee99 wrote:ROM still not working for me. I have .140 now. I have slapfigh.zip and alcon.zip. Are there more parent roms?

Also, how do you record with .140 lol

B
pm sent re roms.

re recording there is a good page found via the "Help" option in the middle of the MARP main menu, then choose windows commandline. The "record" and "playback" batch files should already be in your MAME 140 folder, so you don't need to add them manually.

Cheers!
dickmoreland
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by dickmoreland »

bigbee99 wrote: Also, how do you record with .140 lol

B
I'm command line challenged so I'm using the gui (I think it's Mamepgui 1.5.0 but I'm not at home right now to check). I guess I never checked to make sure it was recording properly as I spent all of my small amount of free time last night just getting the darn thing set up. Once set up though, the gui is sweet.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

MAMEPGUI and QMC2 are both good, cross-platform frontends for both MAME and MESS. Just set the NVRAM folder to NUL (or /dev/null for Linux/OS X users) and that should cover any NVRAM issues.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

If someone can please just check my submission under "ballas" on the scoreboard. I think I recorded correctly. Just want to confirm this.
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:PS.: How can I "convert" that Brackets.xls to an image to add here as image? Only one image would be fine. Or one image to each Bracket, if necessary. Ideas?
First of all I saved the file on my pc (consulting it online is actually a pain)

Open it, select all the cells to convert and copy to clipboard (it does not matter if you cannot see all of them on the screen)
Open whatever graphic manipulation program you have (I use GIMP, but everyone powerful enough should be fine) and "Paste to new image"
I guess Windows' Paintbrush is not powerful enough, but you can try ;)
Save in an appropriate format. For few colors images like this, GIF or PNG are very good, take a look:
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8977 ... round3.gif
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Barra »

This game just plain sucks. I am usually into shooters, but this is way too frustrating.
RAX, please dont make me play this again :wink:
Andrew Barrow
flop
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by flop »

Hi folks

I updated slapfight and alcon ROMS for wolfmame 140 and i am getting an error a77_13.6a NOT FOUND when i try and launch slapfight.

Could someone help me out here?

Thanks
Flop
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

flop wrote:Hi folks

I updated slapfight and alcon ROMS for wolfmame 140 and i am getting an error a77_13.6a NOT FOUND when i try and launch slapfight.

Could someone help me out here?

Thanks
Flop

I searched Google for:

slapfigh a77_13.6a

and found a nice site without having to scroll. ;) Note, however, that Google does manipulate the results based on your search history so you may not be so lucky!
flop
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by flop »

Thanks for the Reply Barthax,

I did some additional searching myself and I found what I was looking for so i am all set.

Regards
Flop
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Enjoy the flags!!! I just updated the Excel file. The link is the same as previously!
OFFICIAL BRACKETS HERE

@ RAX: I will try it when time permits, thanks! (your link doesn't work here... I got a blank image)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Ops, I edited when I tried only quote this post... :? let's go again...

Considering this game have many tricks and secrets, I will detail one very important... this one:

"- Get extra star when starting a new life is allowed!"
Before you start a new life (the 1st one, or after you was killed), before the next screen appear, hold Button1 + Button2 + Up/Right (diagonal). You will hear a sound and you will be with one star (if you already have one when you died, it's useless). I think most of you will use this tip to help you in some of the other tricks! Good luck!

@RAX: I will try it when possible (PS.: your link open only a blank image here!).
Last edited by TRB_MetroidTeam on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Hey guys, I really hate that we didnt stick with games unique to wolfmame 106. Me and Hatchett were playing this tournament on a nice mame cabinet and now we're having a hard time getting a different version to function on the cab without a front end we can actually see and use on the old rastar monitor we're using.

Can someone tell me how to do a record/playback function using the old mame ui without a frontend. Im so use to just rightclicking the game and choosing to record. I have very little experience outside of the mame windows UI. Suffice it to say without being able to do this I cant run this version of mame on my cabinet and thus will most likely submit a pretty rotten score on this game.

Any help would be sweet, thanks
unclechicken
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by unclechicken »

Dax wrote:Hey guys, I really hate that we didnt stick with games unique to wolfmame 106. Me and Hatchett were playing this tournament on a nice mame cabinet and now we're having a hard time getting a different version to function on the cab without a front end we can actually see and use on the old rastar monitor we're using.

Can someone tell me how to do a record/playback function using the old mame ui without a frontend. Im so use to just rightclicking the game and choosing to record. I have very little experience outside of the mame windows UI. Suffice it to say without being able to do this I cant run this version of mame on my cabinet and thus will most likely submit a pretty rotten score on this game.

Any help would be sweet, thanks
Download and unzip/extract the wolfmame140 program listed in the first post in this thread.

Extract it to C:\wm140

In the C:\wm140 directory, create a directory called roms, in there put the alcon.zip and slapfigh.zip roms.

Now, click on start / programs / accessories / command prompt

In that window, keep typing cd.. and press enter

Keep doing this until it says C:\

Type cd wm140 and press enter

Now, typing this in and pressing enter will start your game recording the inp

mame slapfigh -record slapfigh.inp

After recording, typing this in will play it back to check it

mame slapfigh -playback slapfigh.inp

You might have to configure your cabinets controllers for the direction and buttons, to do this type in

mame slapfigh and press enter

Then just pause the game, press tab, and select Input (This Game) then change the up, down, etc etc then exit MAME, then type in the how to record the inp above.