Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: [K9] Round 3 - Slap Fight (Japan set 1) [slapfigh]

Post by empardopo »

Please, I need help with the roms for this game!

Thanks in advance!
nii-san
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by nii-san »

TRB_metroidteam congratulations on the tournament =D>
One question: Who is my rival in 3rd round?
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

nii-san wrote:TRB_metroidteam congratulations on the tournament =D>
One question: Who is my rival in 3rd round?
That would be 'shadowbringer'.
Frankie
RichyS
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by RichyS »

Not sure if it is a ROM issue, but whatever front-end I try my ship moves itself to the extreme right edge of the screen and won't move left. Running Win Vista if anyone has any clues / pointers.

<edit> OK, I think that it may be a ROM issue - same issues when running directly from command prompt - will search for new ROMs

Cheers

RichyS
unclechicken
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by unclechicken »

RichyS wrote:Not sure if it is a ROM issue, but whatever front-end I try my ship moves itself to the extreme right edge of the screen and won't move left. Running Win Vista if anyone has any clues / pointers.

<edit> OK, I think that it may be a ROM issue - same issues when running directly from command prompt - will search for new ROMs

Cheers

RichyS
Have you got a joypad with analog sticks on it? (Like on the PS2 and 3?) If so this made my MAME games go funny because of a bad calibration. If not, check your PM's.
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

not sure what is going on but my wolfmame1.4 is saying that the rom files are missing their rom image or chd image not sure how to setup it up.
thanks for any help
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

The score I posted is the total after beating the 4th loop boss. I died at the same time which sent me back to the third loop. Does that mean I can score more points without breaking the 4th loop rule? In any case, I opted not to add the points I got after that, it's just a few thousand anyhow. Plus I doubt people will see this as a needed strategy for this tournament.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

The_Pro wrote:The score I posted is the total after beating the 4th loop boss. I died at the same time which sent me back to the third loop. Does that mean I can score more points without breaking the 4th loop rule? In any case, I opted not to add the points I got after that, it's just a few thousand anyhow. Plus I doubt people will see this as a needed strategy for this tournament.
Despite there are 12 (or 16?) enemies between the last boss, and the exact starting point, the K9 score will be the score you have just after you defeat (by first time) the last boss in the 4th loop. And if you die just after beating him in the 4th loop, your score will finish at that moment. In other words, you are not allowed to defeat 4th loop last boss (earning the points) and respawn and try killing it again.

Tip: There are many ways to increase points during the game! Good luck!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

wolfman24 wrote:not sure what is going on but my wolfmame1.4 is saying that the rom files are missing their rom image or chd image not sure how to setup it up.
thanks for any help
First thing to check, is that Alcon is the parent set, you'll need alcon.zip also.
Second thing to check, is that you have the MCU dump that was added in 0.139. Can't help you with this, other than to say, Google is your friend.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Now that's official!
OFFICIAL BRACKETS HERE
An important change: Now we have another bracket (Continue Bracket) after the Losers Bracket. Players that lose (in Losers Bracket) until the Round 6 will go down to this "last chance" bracket, and can continue in the competition. See the link for details!
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:
The_Pro wrote:The score I posted is the total after beating the 4th loop boss. I died at the same time which sent me back to the third loop. Does that mean I can score more points without breaking the 4th loop rule? In any case, I opted not to add the points I got after that, it's just a few thousand anyhow. Plus I doubt people will see this as a needed strategy for this tournament.
Despite there are 12 (or 16?) enemies between the last boss, and the exact starting point, the K9 score will be the score you have just after you defeat (by first time) the last boss in the 4th loop. And if you die just after beating him in the 4th loop, your score will finish at that moment. In other words, you are not allowed to defeat 4th loop last boss (earning the points) and respawn and try killing it again.

Tip: There are many ways to increase points during the game! Good luck!
Oops ! before reading this here, I've edited The_Pro's score to final score.
I'm ok with your rule, but this is not the same than Marp rule, which can be disturbing : maybe we can vote "max=4 loops" for this set ?
and keep marathon play for other sets ?
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Phil Lamat wrote: Oops ! before reading this here, I've edited The_Pro's score to final score.
How DARE you sir! ;)
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Phil Lamat wrote:maybe we can vote "max=4 loops" for this set ?
Good idea!

PS.: How can I "convert" that Brackets.xls to an image to add here as image? Only one image would be fine. Or one image to each Bracket, if necessary. Ideas?
bigbee99
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by bigbee99 »

ROM still not working for me. I have .140 now. I have slapfigh.zip and alcon.zip. Are there more parent roms?

Also, how do you record with .140 lol

B
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

bigbee99 wrote:ROM still not working for me. I have .140 now. I have slapfigh.zip and alcon.zip. Are there more parent roms?
That should be all you need. Open the zip and check all the ROMs are there.
bigbee99 wrote:Also, how do you record with .140 lol
record.bat should be supplied. Open a command prompt, change to the folder containing wolfmame (cd <folder>) and start recording by typing (record <game shortname> <inp filename>)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer