http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: [K9] Round 4 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo [ssf2t]

Post by Barra »

RAX wrote:
Barra wrote:Gonna be hard for us folk using keyboards!
...So you played Slap with keyboard? :cry:
I managed to score 438K 20' before deadline and, believe me, I did try to beat you :wink: . Good luck in next turns :)
Yeah it wasnt the easiest haha. I use keyboard for all games.
I thought you would have sent in another file, so was surprised to see when you didnt!
Andrew Barrow
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Hehe, congrats, Ballas: I can predict you have won this round against me. :)
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Barra »

Anyone got any tips here for beginners? E.g what characters to are easiest to use and some general fighting strategies. This is the one game I hoped wouldnt come up (anything SF)
Personally I think tournaments like these are better when more obscure games that have not been mastered yet are chosen
Andrew Barrow
oldtimes
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by oldtimes »

Sorry,i need an explication about default settings. You wrote "not necessary changes". Does it mean that it's possible to keep them on normal or change to other difficulties?
If this is the case,what about score differences? A score made in very easy cannot be considered in the same way of a score made in hard difficult.
So, can you explain?

Thanks
el_fumador
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by el_fumador »

How can we check the level of difficulty?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Default difficulty is level 2 (Very Easy).
Also, do note that this game has 12 difficulty levels, but the International versions can access only the upper 8, and the Japanese versions get the easier 8. So basically, the Japanese version is four levels of difficulty easier than the others at the same settings. The Japanese version defaults to level 4 (medium), so by default, it's two levels easier than the other versions. (The other international versions may have different defaults, also, like the Asian version, which defaults to level 4, and speed of Turbo 2)
The PC port of SSF2T gives you access to all 12 difficulty levels.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Agodzilla »

el_fumador wrote:How can we check the level of difficulty?
Basically You've to launch the game then at the beginning of demo press F2 on your KB,this will results entering in test mode
next at 3rd voice(system configuration)press button 1 and check level diff,and more options.

But all of this will be useless because if you don't touch anything the default setting is what you need to play this game.

@TRB:
Can we use the option "start mode" in option menu?
For those who don't know this option allows to start 1p game to 2p side,i was used to that when i play in arcades,and right now i'll be more confident just like some years ago..
Not to mention that this will not affect any kind of gameplay of those INSANELY difficult game(at least played for score imho)
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Barra »

Sorry *Goldtimes*, this may be an easy round for you. Unless I can find a cheap move that is easy and hard for the CPU to block, :P.
This game has made me finally commit to buying an X-Arcade for christmas :)
Andrew Barrow
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I feel bad for those of you that aren't fighting game afficionados, because SSF2T is generally considered to have one of the hardest CPU AI's in fighting game history. It reads your inputs and counters most everything you do, and gets the bonus of having attacks do inflated damage. There is no easy solution to beating this game, you have to be somewhat experienced with SF2 (or fighting games in general) to have any sort of chance. Because of this I don't really think it's a great choice for tournament score competition, but oh well...

The best advice I can give is find a character that can build super meter quickly, then do your super and hope for the best. If it kills the CPU you get double the points that you would if the super had hit normally. Back when this game came out the only character I could beat the CPU with was Chun-Li. I mainly just played defensive and tried to build super meter with lightning legs (mash any kick button rapidly for a little bit) and her fireball (charge back for 1 second, then press towards + any punch). Her super is done by charging back for one second and then pressing forward, back, forward + any kick. If the super connects you can tack on a couple more hits from her "upkick" special move (charge down for 1 second, then press up + heavy kick). If this went over anyone's head I'm sorry... but yeah. Good luck guys.
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Barra »

@BBH: Yeah agreed, but its chosen so I wont whinge about it any more :P
Cheers for the info. I've worked out how to use Vega quite well and getting the super meter up quick, but cant do his super move. I've also started using Guile, but can never even seem to do his Sonic Boom (charge back, then forward + punch) sounds simple, but never works for me. Guess its the lack of fighting-game experience.
Will give Chun-Li a go
Andrew Barrow
el_fumador
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by el_fumador »

Agodzilla wrote:
el_fumador wrote:How can we check the level of difficulty?
Basically You've to launch the game then at the beginning of demo press F2 on your KB,this will results entering in test mode
next at 3rd voice(system configuration)press button 1 and check level diff,and more options.

But all of this will be useless because if you don't touch anything the default setting is what you need to play this game.
Thanks, perfect explanation. :)
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

BBH wrote:I feel bad for those of you that aren't fighting game afficionados, because SSF2T is generally considered to have one of the hardest CPU AI's in fighting game history. It reads your inputs and counters most everything you do, and gets the bonus of having attacks do inflated damage. There is no easy solution to beating this game, you have to be somewhat experienced with SF2 (or fighting games in general) to have any sort of chance. Because of this I don't really think it's a great choice for tournament score competition, but oh well...
Yes, I haven't been able to win a match yet. This and that I'm totally crap at these games explains it. Now I have an excuse :)
Frankie
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

oldtimes wrote:Sorry,i need an explication about default settings. You wrote "not necessary changes". Does it mean that it's possible to keep them on normal or change to other difficulties?
Agodzilla explanation is right! Just start your game and you have the correct (default) settings.

mahlemiut wrote:Also, do note that this game has 12 difficulty levels, but the International versions can access only the upper 8, and the Japanese versions get the easier 8.
I know in MAME the Japanese ROMsets are easier than the other, hower the above information is new for me. Is it related to Arcade versions right? Or just MAME?
That Sheep-Cloud Japanese ( http://otoya.sheep-cloud.net/index.shtml ) site does not have SSF2T dipswitches, but according to this manual ( http://www.crazykong.com/manuals/SuperSFIITurbo.man.pdf ), USA+Canada version has only 8 levels. I think I understood well, however I would like to confirm the information, thanks.

Agodzilla wrote:@TRB:
Can we use the option "start mode" in option menu?
Good catch Agodzilla. It's for players that perform commands better in the right side instead of lef side.
It's allowed to use Player-2 side and controls (MARP rules also permits). And for SSF2T it's not allowed by default, so you need:
- enter "Service Mode" (press F2);
- enter "3 System Configuration" (press 1P Button 1);
- change "Start Mode" to "ON";
- select "Exit" (press 1P Start);
- select "9 Exit" (press 1P Button 1);
- start your game.

BBH wrote:I feel bad for those of you that aren't fighting game afficionados, because SSF2T is generally considered to have one of the hardest CPU AI's in fighting game history.
Thanks for the tips BBH. SSF2T is very hard versus CPU, despite some cheap tricks continue being accepted by the CPU, like jump/kick>jump/kick>jump/kick, and down+(StrongKick>StrongKick>StrongKick) mainly for players that have slide. Good luck to everyone, and wait for some other hard games for the final rounds of K9.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:I know in MAME the Japanese ROMsets are easier than the other, hower the above information is new for me. Is it related to Arcade versions right? Or just MAME?
That Sheep-Cloud Japanese ( http://otoya.sheep-cloud.net/index.shtml ) site does not have SSF2T dipswitches, but according to this manual ( http://www.crazykong.com/manuals/SuperSFIITurbo.man.pdf ), USA+Canada version has only 8 levels. I think I understood well, however I would like to confirm the information, thanks.
MAME runs the arcade versions, so... yes. :)
SSF2T has no DIP switches, all settings are stored in EEPROM (NVRAM). All versions have 8 difficulty levels available, but the Japanese version has 4 easier levels. Levels 5-8 on the Japanese version are equivalent to levels 1-4 on the international versions.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

mahlemiut wrote:MAME runs the arcade versions, so... yes. :)
SSF2T has no DIP switches, all settings are stored in EEPROM (NVRAM). All versions have 8 difficulty levels available, but the Japanese version has 4 easier levels. Levels 5-8 on the Japanese version are equivalent to levels 1-4 on the international versions.
Oh, just a technical difference to store the settings. Thanks for the info.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions