Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

BDF
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: [K10] Round 1 - Cosmo Gang the Video (US) [cosmogng]

Post by BDF »

2. BDFil's 3,917,070 score went into a weird desync upon picking up a powerup at 3,712,780 where the game flipped out and went into the service mode with all inputs held down. Not sure how this could have happened since it was the only inp where this occurred, but score has been adjusted.
Sorry for that BBH. I did not watched full inp when submitting it.

I have watched the full inp now and I do not even know where this menu is coming from.
I finished the game as usual and enter my initials on hi-score list at the end of the game.
I never had problem with an inp since i use mame and it is a frustrating first time : I was so happy to have beaten phil by 5K.

May be it is a clue but i tried to use the savestate for the first time ever an hour before this inp.
I did not succeed in using it : i still do not understand how savestate (shift + F7) works.
I do not see anything else, it is the only thing different as what i usually do.

By the way, BBH, this game was a very nice pick. Thank you.
Jerome
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

Hi BBH, please note that my score I posted in the forum here was never added. I could not submit as the score is lower than my PB here at MARP. Not sure if it was DQ'd for any reason.
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

BDF wrote: I have watched the full inp now and I do not even know where this menu is coming from.
I finished the game as usual and enter my initials on hi-score list at the end of the game.
I never had problem with an inp since i use mame and it is a frustrating first time : I was so happy to have beaten phil by 5K.

May be it is a clue but i tried to use the savestate for the first time ever an hour before this inp.
I did not succeed in using it : i still do not understand how savestate (shift + F7) works.
I do not see anything else, it is the only thing different as what i usually do.
I really have no idea what could have triggered it, as I said it was the only inp that showed this behavior. It was weird since it happened the instant that power-up was picked up too. It's unfortunate, but we have to edit scores to what they playback.

As for savestates, they do not work in 0.106, and are not guaranteed to work in newer versions. In general, using version 0.99 of MAME or earlier will give you working savestates if the game supports them. 0.100 broke everything...
ballas wrote:Hi BBH, please note that my score I posted in the forum here was never added. I could not submit as the score is lower than my PB here at MARP. Not sure if it was DQ'd for any reason.
Oh my god, my sincerest apologies, I completely missed this! I'm really sorry, thanks for bringing this to my attention :( updated.
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

Thanks!
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA