Baseball Update.

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Frankie
Editor

Baseball Update.

Post by Frankie »

Hi everyone.

I've decided to go through all the Baseball games, so that we can adjust them to the new rules we voted for last year. These rules are:

1. Play a whole match of 9+ innings (when possible), no matter how many credits that takes.
2. New scoring system. 100 for a win + points difference.
3. That we stop the game when its stopped by the Mercy Rule, and you can't continue.

Let me warn all the players who have recordings for Baseball games at MARP, that all recordings where the player didn't play a whole match, will be deleted. There is no way we can score recordings where only one or two innings was played. I'll mail all players when I delete one of their recordings. If you don't want to get these mails all the time, let me know, and I'll stop sending them to you.

If you don't have an E-mail address here at MARP, and you are into Baseball games, watch this thread carefully. Here I'll let you know when I'm done checking a game, and let you know what type of game it is. Those four types of Baseball games is following shortly. You can then go back to this first post, and check out the new rules for that particular game. This is very important as with many games, I'll probably have to delete all recordings, and you can't see the Special Rules for a game, before the first upload is done for that game.

1) Games without Mercy Rule that allow to continue:

Baseball games are now to be played as a real full baseball game. 9 innings must be played. If the home team is ahead at the completion of the first half (the top) of the 9th inning, the game must end. If the home team, batting in the bottom of the ninth makes a play that puts them ahead then the game ends after that play. If both teams are tied at the
completion of the 9th inning, innings must be played until one team has won the last inning as if it were the 9th. If the game doesn't continue after a draw after the ninth inning, you must start a new game. Play this game until either you or the computer have a lead after an inning as if it were the 9th. If you are in the lead, add it to the first draw game, and press ESC to finish the game. If the computer gets the lead after an inning, you've lost the game, and will get a score of zero.

Scoring is applied the final score of the game. No points are given for losing the 9+ inning game. 100 points are given for winning plus the difference in the winning and losing score. I.e. a 10-3 game will have a MARP score of 107, provide you scored the 10 runs.

2) Games with Mercy Rule where you can't continue:

In this Baseball game the Mercy Rule was included, meaning that you win the match when you get a 10+ points lead during the match. You can only upload your recording if you are the winner by Mercy Rule. If that's so, your final score is:

100 + point difference

Ex. 1: You win after the third inning by Mercy Rule with a lead of 13-2. You final score is 100 + 11 = 111

Ex. 2: You play a whole match and win by 10-3, your final score is 100 + 7 = 107.

If you lose the Match, your recording can't be uploaded.

Please remember that we now play a whole game of 9+ innings. So if you shouldn't win by Mercy Rule during the match an its a draw after 9 innings, please follow these rules:

Baseball games are now to be played as a real full baseball game. 9 innings must be played. If the home team is ahead at the completion of the first half (the top) of the 9th inning, the game must end. If the home team, batting in the bottom of the ninth makes a play that puts them ahead then the game ends after that play. If both teams are tied at the
completion of the 9th inning, innings must be played until one team has won the last inning as if it were the 9th. If the game doesn't continue after a draw after the ninth inning, you must start a new game. Play this game until either you or the computer have a lead after an inning as if it were the 9th. If you are in the lead, add it to the first draw game, and press ESC to finish the game. If the computer gets the lead after an inning, you've lost the game, and will get a score of zero.

3) Games with Mercy Rule where you can continue:

In this Baseball game the Mercy Rule was included, meaning that you win the match when you get a 10+ points lead during the match. However in this game, you can continue the game by inserting another coin. Therefore we'll play a whole game of 9+ innings no matter how many
credits it takes.

Scoring is applied the final score of the game. No points are given for losing the 9+ inning game. 100 points are given for winning plus the difference in the winning and losing score. I.e. a 10-3 game will have a MARP score of 107, provide you scored the 10 runs.

4) Games that stops as soon as the computer gets the lead:

In this Baseball game the match ends as soon as the computer gets the lead. If you manage to win the match then your final score would be 100 + point difference.

Ex: You win the match 10-3. Your final score is 100 + 7 = 107.

Another thing when you manage to play a whole match: Baseball games are now to be played as a real full baseball game. 9 innings must be played. If the home team is ahead at the completion of the first half (the top) of the 9th inning, the game must end. If the home team, batting in the bottom of the ninth makes a play that puts them ahead then the game
ends after that play. If both teams are tied at the completion of the 9th inning, innings must be played until one team has won the last inning as if it were the 9th. If the game doesn't continue after a draw after the ninth inning, you must start a new game. Play this game until either you or the computer have a lead after an inning as if it were the 9th. If you are in the lead, add it to the first draw game, and press ESC to finish the game.
If the computer gets the lead after an inning, you've lost the game, and will get a score of zero.

Finally, should you not be capable of winning the match, then you miss out on the 100 points for winning the match. This means that if the match is stopped after the fourth inning because the computer leads 4-6, your final score is 4 points for the four runs you made.
Last edited by Frankie on Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

2020BB - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue. There are recordings online for this game, where a whole match was played. This game was checked by Chad sometime ago.

2020BBA - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue. There are also recordings online for this game, where a whole match was played. This game was checked by Chad sometime ago.

ABASEB - Game without the Mercy Rule that allow to continue.There's one recording online, where a whole match was played. I also think that Chad checked this game sometime ago.

ABASEB2 - Game without the Mercy Rule that allow to continue. There's one recording online, where a whole match was played. I also think that Chad checked this game sometime ago.

BOTTOM9 - Game without the Mercy Rule that allow to continue. I had to delete all recordings for this game as none of them was a whole match of 9+ innings.

Bye.
Last edited by Frankie on Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

BOTTOM9N - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue. I had to delete all recordings for this game as none of them was a whole match of 9+ innings.

MSTADIUM - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. One recording wasn't deleted, because the player won by Mercy Rule after the first inning. The only other recording was deleted.
Frankie
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

does this also apply to baseball games that actually have an arcade type score of points?

It seems in those cases you just play it like the arcade game...and highest point score is what you want etc...only 1 credit there.

I was thinking of that Championship Baseball arcade game.
I'm not sure but think it's the "champbas" rom set...and all clones(if any) of that.

It seems that baseball game wouldn't fall under the special rules listed above.

what do you think?
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

LN2 wrote:does this also apply to baseball games that actually have an arcade type score of points?
No, baseball games that include a score like Championship Baseball is one credit only, and uses their own scoring.

In many cases you can play for a long time on these games on one credit. With games that don't have their own scoring, you can only play a few innings or a few minutes on one credit, which is very boring.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

BSTARS - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue.

BSTARS2 - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue.

BASEBAL2 - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue. There are no uploads for this game.

CHAMPBAS - Game with its own scoring system. As explaned above, the in-game scoring system is being used.

CHAMPBJJ - Game with its own scoring system? A not working clone of CHAMPBAS, that I suppose also have its own scoring system.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

CURVEBAL - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue. I had to delete all recordings, as none of them was a full 9+ innings game.

CBASEBAL - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. All recordings was deleted some time ago, when we first started going through all these games.
Frankie
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Frankie wrote: CHAMPBJJ - Game with its own scoring system? A not working clone of CHAMPBAS, that I suppose also have its own scoring system.
Except for the protection and the different teams/samples,it should have the same scoring system.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

DLEAGUE - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. - Some recordings deleted because they weren't recordings of 9+ innings game.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

RBIBB - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. Updated Special Rules to new rules.

EDIT: Found out more information about this game. New rules posted later in this thread.
Last edited by Frankie on Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

DBLPLAY - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue. I got Pat to split this game into 'dblplay-hrd' and 'dblplay-sb'. There are only recordings online for Home Run Derby which is a game where you get 30 chances to see how many Home Runs you can do. Super Baseball is the regular game, and as I already said, there's no recordings uploaded yet for this.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

CORRECTION:

RBIBB - Game that ends when the computer gets the lead. Besides that it includes the Mercy Rule. Read the Special Rules for more details on how to score this game.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

EBASES - This game is broken as you can't control your outfielders. I suggest we stick to the one credit rule, and count the runs made on that credit, until the game gets fixed.

EDIT: As diabolik informed me, this game is not broken. New rules later in this thread.
Last edited by Frankie on Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frankie
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

Frankie wrote:EBASES - This game is broken as you can't control your outfielders. I suggest we stick to the one credit rule, and count the runs made on that credit, until the game gets fixed.
Well I just played this game and everything worked fine. You can control the outfield players with mouse or trackball.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

diabolik wrote:
Frankie wrote:EBASES - This game is broken as you can't control your outfielders. I suggest we stick to the one credit rule, and count the runs made on that credit, until the game gets fixed.
Well I just played this game and everything worked fine. You can control the outfield players with mouse or trackball.
Yes, you are right. Sorry, my mistake.

CORRECTION:

EBASES - Game without Mercy Rule that allow to continue. This probably means that all recordings will be deleted when I check them later.

EDIT: Yes, all recordings deleted. Diabolik, I also had to delete your latest recording because you lose the 9 innings game.
Frankie