spcfrcii "Special Forces II"
sprint4 "Sprint 4 (set 1)"
ssrj "Super Speed Race Junior (Japan)"
xorworld "Xor World (prototype)"

*** new clones
a51mxr3k "Area 51 / Maximum Force Duo (R3000)" [area51mx]
cuebrckj "Cue Brick (Japan version D)" [cuebrick]
dogfgtj "Dog-Fight (Japan) " [dogfgt]
kof98n "King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest / King of Fighters '98 - dream match never ends, The (not encrypted)" [kof98]
moobl "Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa (bootleg version AA)" [moo]
mshvsfb "Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (Brazil 970827)" [mshvsf]
nmaster "Ninja Master, The (Japan?)" [metmqstr]
parodisj "Parodius DA! (Japan)" [parodius]
pestplce "Pest Place" [mario]
pitfighj "Pit Fighter (Japan, 2 players)" [pitfight]
sprint2a "Sprint 2 (set 2)" [sprint1]
sprint4a "Sprint 4 (set 2)" [sprint4]
sfz2b "Street Fighter Zero 2 (Brazil 960531)" [sfa2]
sfz2br1 "Street Fighter Zero 2 (Brazil 960304)" [sfa2]
sshot137 "Shuffleshot (v1.37)" [shufshot]
sunsetbl "Sunset Riders (bootleg 4 Players ver. ADD)" [ssriders]
wcbwl161 "World Class Bowling (v1.61)" [wcbowl]
xmvsfj "X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (Japan 961004)" [xmvsf]
zeropnta "Zero Point (set 2)" [zeropnt]

*** changed short
ddsom -> ddsomr1 "Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (Euro 960209)"
xmvsfjr1 -> xmvsfjr2 "X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (Japan 960909)"
xmvsfj -> xmvsfjr1 "X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (Japan 960910)"

*** changed long
dogfgt "Dog-Fight" -> "Acrobatic Dog-Fight"
eyes2 "Eyes (Techstar Inc.)" -> "Eyes (Techstar)"
kof99 "King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle, The" -> "King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle, The (set 1)"
kof99a "King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle, The (alt)" -> "King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle, The (set 2)"
parodius "Parodius DA! (Japan)" -> "Parodius DA! (World)"
propcycl "Prop Cycle" -> "Prop Cycle (Rev. PR2 Ver.A)"
rampart "Rampart (3-player Trackball)" -> "Rampart (Trackball)"
rampartj "Rampart (Japan, 2-player Joystick)" -> "Rampart (Japan, Joystick)"
ramprt2p "Rampart (2-player Joystick)" -> "Rampart (Joystick)"
shufshot "Shuffleshot" -> "Shuffleshot (v1.39)"
sprint2 "Sprint 2" -> "Sprint 2 (set 1)"
starswep "Star Sweep (151500JUL151997 STP1/VER.A)" -> "Star Sweep (STP1/VER.A)"
tigerh "Tiger Heli (set 1)" -> "Tiger Heli (US)"
tigerh2 "Tiger Heli (set 2)" -> "Tiger Heli (Japan set 1)"
tigerhj "Tiger Heli (Japan)" -> "Tiger Heli (Japan set 2)"
tigerhb1 "Tiger Heli (bootleg 1)" -> "Tiger Heli (bootleg set 1)"
tigerhb2 "Tiger Heli (bootleg 2)" -> "Tiger Heli (bootleg set 2)"
zeropnt "Zero Point" -> "Zero Point (set 1)"

*** deleted
kof98a "King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest / King of Fighters '98 - dream match never ends, The (alt m1)"
kof98e "King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest / King of Fighters '98 - dream match never ends, The (encrypted?)"
Last edited by ***PL*** on Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BBH
Editor

Re: MAME 0.72 Game Changes

Post by BBH »

***PL wrote: nss_aten "Nintendo Super System: David Crane's Amazing Dennis"
That's one of the best typos the MAME team has ever made. \:D/
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Note that parodisj isn't a new clone as such, it's the same japanese version as parodius was. parodius is now a world version (even though it's still in japanese, go figure).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Luja
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Luja »

Here go some games that have changes in the difficulty or bonus life (.72):
  • Kicker and Shaolins Road
    Empire City:1931 and clones
    Sky Fox and clones
    Super Contra and clones
    Pandoras Palace
    Zero Hour
What happens to the inps of these games?

Regards,

Luja
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

There are other games where the mame default difficulty settings can vary from 1 version of mame to another.

I'm guessing the easiest way to do it would be to either have a special rule telling what game settings are allowed....which would be default settings for older versions yet not default for current versions...or forcing the new mame with it's defaults as the settings and zero out all older scores that aren't using those same settings(doesn't seem quite right to me).

I have even noticed a few cases of an upload using a quite old version of MAME and wondered why...given it was a game that has very little CPU requirement etc. yet when I check it out I find the game has easier settings with that older version. Perhaps that's why they used the older version?!?

I really wonder this for scores here using really old versions like 0.30-0.33....as well as how good the emulation was then.
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

rules are we play newest version's settings unless there are already special rules for the game that preempt this.

of course, you can always vote on settings.

all previous .inp scores are modified accordingly.

thanks for the info, Luja. :)
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Q.T.Quazar wrote:rules are we play newest version's settings unless there are already special rules for the game that preempt this.
Yes but there is nothing to stop someone from just playing the game with an older version.
Not sure what you mean here...are you saying all older scores are zeroed that aren't using the settings from the current MAME?

I think there would be many inps zeroed out if that was the case.

I have even suggested...and will remind...of changes and inp file moves that need to be done for "piranha" and "piranha-fast" that were played prior to 0.69. Starting with 0.68 or 0.69(not sure which...) piranha was renamed to "piranhah" and the real piranha rom set was added to MAME and is named "piranha".

Therefore all older scores for "piranha" need to be moved over to piranhah and same for the -fast ones.

I still haven't seen any of the other inp requests I had the past 2-3 months done also. *sigh* :P

I guess you have been keeping them too busy with all your inp zeroing or score adjustment requests. :P
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

Q.T.Quazar wrote:
rules are we play newest version's settings unless there are already special rules for the game that preempt this.

Yes but there is nothing to stop someone from just playing the game with an older version.
irrelevant. we play by the latest version's settings.
Quote:

Not sure what you mean here...are you saying all older scores are zeroed that aren't using the settings from the current MAME?

I think there would be many inps zeroed out if that was the case.
not necessarily zeroed. usually the change is in no. of lives. usually it goes down, so the .inps are watched again and the score is cut off atthe appropriate point. if the game gets harder, yes, scores are usually zeroed. if the games gets easier, players who have scores would request that we keep playing at the harder level (this has only happened once that i can remember)

I have even suggested...and will remind...of changes and inp file moves that need to be done for "piranha" and "piranha-fast" that were played prior to 0.69. Starting with 0.68 or 0.69(not sure which...) piranha was renamed to "piranhah" and the real piranha rom set was added to MAME and is named "piranha".

Therefore all older scores for "piranha" need to be moved over to piranhah and same for the -fast ones.

I still haven't seen any of the other inp requests I had the past 2-3 months done also. *sigh*

I guess you have been keeping them too busy with all your inp zeroing or score adjustment requests.
just lump them into one general post and make sure to catch Pat's attention. that's his domain. if you find other games with settings changes and want the scores changed, watched the .inps and report the necessary changes to an editor.

right now, unfortunately, there is no comprehensive list of dip changes from ver. to ver. i had started work on one before i left MARP due to certain unpleasantries with other Editors, since it was my next major project after the rules page. maybe someone else here would like to do this...?

incidentally, i think there is still a dead King of Boxer clone hanging around...
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Well QT, I reported score changes in the playability forum just as you did recently for 100s of titles and I saw most of your requests quickly done.

Given that I wonder why the few I had weren't done. Were they waiting for a second or third confirmation? For MacMAME since I am the only actual macmame confirmer the editors(Chad and Barry) had decided to have it so only 1 confirmer needed to not be able to properly playback an inp to get the score changed or zeroed....then only 1 other(any player) to play it back correctly to reinstate it.

I have not pressured them though and really don't want to because I know it's all voluntary etc. and generally a thankless job as much as confirming is. :P

As far as the changes to settings comments above....not that I have seen...in confirming some macmame inps where players used older versions I noticed they were playing at easier settings than what I was playing at with 0.60(at that time).

I think the only cases where what you say has been done is where there are special rules for the game saying you must use at least version so and so or later. Any game not listing that as a special rule pretty much allows any version of mame to be used to play the game at "default" mame settings....whether they are harder, or easier than what the latest mame has.

As mentioned above, I suspect some of the really old 0.30 and 0.33 scores for certain games likely had emulation issues that made the game play easier or had settings differences yet those score still stand. We all know not many games were emulated perfectly in 0.30. MAME was very young then.

I can't check for that though given I have no clue where to find romsets for such an old version of mame.....cuz even the mame "reference" sites only seem to go back as far as 0.36.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

BTW,what about the MegaTech settings?Have you all decided anything?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

hey Pat, this isn't a new thing to 0.72 or anything (it's was actually introduced in 0.68 but I guess nobody noticed or brought it up until now), but just wanted to mention that "rbff2a" (Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (Set 2)) is not in the MARP database for some reason.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

BBH wrote:hey Pat, this isn't a new thing to 0.72 or anything (it's was actually introduced in 0.68 but I guess nobody noticed or brought it up until now), but just wanted to mention that "rbff2a" (Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (Set 2)) is not in the MARP database for some reason.
:-k Good catch!
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

Found what i was looking for:

King of Boxer (Japanese?) no longer exists as a romset. I think it ceased to exist somewhere back in the .35 cycle. it still, however, shows up at MARP.

i don't think it merged into another romset either. probably easiest just to wipe the set and scores from the database.
--------------
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

thanks Pat! :)
Q.T.Quazar wrote:Found what i was looking for:

King of Boxer (Japanese?) no longer exists as a romset. I think it ceased to exist somewhere back in the .35 cycle. it still, however, shows up at MARP.

i don't think it merged into another romset either. probably easiest just to wipe the set and scores from the database.
also on that subject, I think gcastle (Golden Castle) was deleted entirely from MAME a while back too. Not sure why...

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0

no big deal since the only people who had scores on it were me and Krool.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

Gee, you guys are pretty honest. BBH lost 76 pts on this one...

gcastle and kingofbj :lol: have been nixed.