Time Pilot

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Renzo
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Renzo »

..but with the Italian players they're a bill open..
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Renzo wrote:perhaps you respect me but not others MARP members.. TjT in primis.. :(
I respect you Ranzo! You are a great player and you have shown us that many times! Please don't take it personally though.. we have to set rules and try to follow them. You are a pro time pilot player (among other games) and can put up another score later on, right?

I have been not so pleased to many rules voted for at MARP.. sometimes even pissed.. like people have been pissed for rules I have tried to enforce etc. Just try not to take it personally, as it never is meant in that way.

So please submit scores and have fun!
QRS
Renzo
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Renzo »

QRS wrote:we have to set rules !
This is a problem.. yours rules :?:

Time Pilot is not created in order to be played with of the rules. All this succeeds in order to favor someone that it is complained..

All this it's ridicule..
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

sorry to hear you complain about this renzo, you could easily follow the rules and kick ass. The rules are not just for the complainer's they're for everyone competing. And it's only meant to stop marathon leeching, i can't see how anyone can argue for allowing default marathon rules, especially when they are good at the game...

your recording still should be moved to the tips/tricks page

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/7/f/b/re ... mame33.zip
-skito
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Renzo wrote:
QRS wrote:we have to set rules !
This is a problem.. yours rules :?:

Time Pilot is not created in order to be played with of the rules. All this succeeds in order to favor someone that it is complained..

All this it's ridicule..
Renzo, please explain what rule you were following for your recording. While you don't parachute hunt, you do stay on the first stage for 7 minutes and 15 seconds. Is your rule that leeching is ok at the end of the level as long as you don't parachute hunt? If so, I have a recording from the TG Deca 2005 where I beat your high score on the most difficult settings possible on the game (Difficulty 8, extras 20K and every 60K) only reaching the 3rd stage but scoring 1,565,800 (and not parachute hunting).

I'm not sure how you can justify 7 minutes and 15 seconds on the first stage unless you are willing to accept doing this indefinitely. If you are, you should also be arguing that my score of 1,565,800 should be valid for MARP. Then I would have 1st instead of 3rd. I would not argue that though. This sort of play (and rule) is lame for competitive play.

For GEGOTW we tried to come up with settings that prevented excessive leeching, without having to make a subjective call on what is excessive. We considered using 5 men and score equals stage reached, but Weekhawk decided on a time limit per stage instead. Weekhawk picked 10,000 frames per stage (2 minutes 47 seconds), largely because its easy to keep track of when playing or verifying, but keeps the built-in scoring system while allowing limited point pressing. I'm not sure if all of the recordings from GEGOTW are in strict accordance with rule 2(h) (anti-leeching), but I do know that the 10,000 frame time limit is much better for competitive play than allowing infinite leeching (or even 7 minutes and 15 seconds per stage). IMO a time limit for Time Pilot is a good idea, but 10,000 frames is really probably too long. 2 minutes (7,200 frames) would probably be better since I think it is always enough to finish the stages playing straight up, but it gives you some play to point press. I would not mind if a 2 minute limit per stage rule was added and my recording was zeroed. I'd even be willing to review all of the existing recordings looking for compliance.

Renzo, if you are interested there is a bounty of $75 available for scoring over 2 million using the 10,000 frame per stage time limit. I'd say you are the best candidate out there for claiming it.

Regards,
gastrainga