Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Mortal Kombat

Post by GHEMANT »

http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/6/b/f/mkw ... olf133.zip

I can't playback. Mare return error code 3.

I suggest to change the rules about this game:

Computer Difficulty: 3 - Medium.

Special Rules: In an effort to allow players the opportunity to earn the bonus for beating the secret character Reptile, an amendment to the standard rules for recording MAME inps applies to this title. Specifically, the player may play more than one game in the same inp recording to allow for the criteria required for Reptile to appear can occur. To this end the player may repeatedly play the game while winning (TG rule).
pat33999
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: Mortal Kombat

Post by pat33999 »

Plays back to 13,199,500 in wolf106.
Attachments
mk0000.png
mk0000.png (45.18 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I got this score also and changed it to reflect the correct score and mame version.

EDIT: Actually the user uploaded three recordings with different scores but are the same version. Question, was there no bonus at the end, should the reported score be the valid score?

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/mk
-skito
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

No extra Bonus after the last round versus Shang Tsung. The correct score is 13.199.500. Thanks!!

Please read my advertisement, because I think is a good idea allowed a special rule to fight with Reptile.
Q. T. Quazar
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Q. T. Quazar »

I don't see any need for a special rule here... seems more like a 'tips and tricks' page thing... what's the argument in favor of it?

p.s. regarding the mk score edits, i think the problem is skito's abacus doesn't have that many beads :D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

In Mortal Kombat there is a secret character. Is a part of this game. Every 6 play there is a chance to fight with him. Total amount from him is 11.000.000 pts (about). Is almost 50% of total score possible in this game. This is a possible in real arcade machine. But not with mame, because with actual rules you have a single play in a single inp and isn't possible obtain these points.
Q. T. Quazar
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Q. T. Quazar »

I would imagine, then, that if there were a SR created, it would be better to do it with a common NVRAM.

But the whole thing opens up a lot of potential problems about base recordings...