MAME 0.148 New Games

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: MAME 0.148 New Games

Post by The TJT »

Ever heard of Konkey Kong? Sounds really silly, love it.
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

no, but i heard of Donkey Dong.
screen was about 10 inches. :^o :lol:
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

The TJT wrote:Ever heard of Konkey Kong? Sounds really silly, love it.
It may not have been an actual rom hack, but only on the game artwork, like Congorilla.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Once i found all these roms or at least most of them .. They don'nt work!

I wanted to play the Donkey King and Speed Rumbler set 3 the most... Says it's missing files ahhhh the Horror!
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

The Donkey King one is missing what I think is the PROM for the encryption (not 100% sure on that though) Also, I don't know how I missed it, but there is another DK/CK bootleg that was added in 146 called Kong. It's based on Galaxian hardware, but it's not a code hack of either DK or CK, but completely rewritten. Very hard, with horrible collision detection. I guess because the new games added for 146 and 147 were never posted :roll: :mrgreen: is probably why I missed it. The graphics appear to be copied from Crazy Kong.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

kernzy wrote:no, but i heard of Donkey Dong.
screen was about 10 inches. :^o :lol:
whats with this win148 stuff?
Arcade Game Scores
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

Monkey Donkey is a personal favorite,
green grafix
How high can you try?
uhh hh h like pretty far?
i mean kinda farImage
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

what do you mean, Brian, "whats with this win148 stuff?"?
i downloaded it the other day. i have been using win139 for my youtube uploads, never even thought of getting another gui as wolf106 and mameui 139 works great. it was just quicker to use win148 while i was on it. i'm not going for the record when i use it...
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

well if you have wolf148 why would you need win148? You can'nt get first place without a Wolfmame program.. Why brother using anything else?
Arcade Game Scores
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

i already said why !! lol! :D
i only used it for convenience to play a game i had no chance of the record. i recorded a game for youtube, then played it for a marp score. at least EVERYBODY can watch the INP without any problems, and bogus scores would be eliminated quicker!!!! (lol re: "Invasion" (bootleg, set 4, R Z SRL Bologna)
further proof mameui is better for all!!!! :lol:
i have not been on facebook for months already. what's the weekend warriors game of the week? any good games over the past few weeks?
cool, chaps. :D
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I still don't get why people are so stuck on MAMEUI... it (the frontend I'm referring to obviously) is outdated, buggy, non-portable, and hard to maintain. Use QMC2 instead, it's far superior. Or even MAMEPGUI (included with MAME Plus).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

it's simply because thats what i grew up on. maybe like most of you chaps grew up on command line, and so dislike the front end versions. we are the same, but opposite! "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
i prefer the ui versions because i have my list of games in front of me. if i'm using wolf 148, i have nothing to refer to as to what i want to play next. no game list, no favourites folder, just a black square.
i have never really had any problems with mameui's. everything works ALL the time. i am not aware of the bugs you mention. i can watch every inp i want, and recording to avi takes one click. i do not have to learn anything. so maybe i am "stuck" on gui, but i'm happy to be stuck with something that actually works, rather than being stuck with QMC2 which i failed to get working. for me to have continued to fail using command line and "other" front ends is total insanity when i have perfectly working mameui's to my disposal.
however, i do enjoy using command line, and it is much quicker to re-start a game using CL than mameui. so these days, i use both, mostly command line. i only use mameui for avi recording these days.
so, Barry, is there not any way we can copy a mameui folder from say wolf 106 and plonk it in wolf 148, like you told me before to do the same with record/playback bat files (if they were not present)? :-k
cheers!! :D
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

kernzy wrote:however, i do enjoy using command line, and it is much quicker to re-start a game using CL than mameui. so these days, i use both, mostly command line. i only use mameui for avi recording these days.
so, Barry, is there not any way we can copy a mameui folder from say wolf 106 and plonk it in wolf 148, like you told me before to do the same with record/playback bat files (if they were not present)? :-k
cheers!! :D
What do you mean, exactly, by "copy a mameui folder?" Certainly, INI files could possibly work, but are unlikely to be very compatible. MAME will accept any setting it might still recognize, and anything else not present or set correctly will revert to defaults.
- Barry Rodewald
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

i'm just guessing, Barry, that maybe something like that would work.
you once told me if i don't have the bat files to just copy them from another wolfmame. i thought maybe other things could be swapped... like the built in front ends...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The fact that it's built-in would suggest no. Perhaps you could take a look that the latest version of MAME Plus, which should include MAMEPGUI, a standalone GUI that should be more familiar to MAMEUI users. That you can copy to a MAME/WolfMAME folder and use.
- Barry Rodewald