saulonpb and his scores

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby Kale » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:40 pm

BeeJay wrote:
PP. wrote:Sorry but you sound like giro-X. What "cheap 1st place recording"?? Can't you see there is a hard competition? First places change hands almost every day. Many hours of effort.
Only a few really low/cheap scores are remaining now.


Hm.... a quick look at recent uploads shows the following after < 1 minute of looking:

J. J. Squawkers (older)
saulonpb 187,330
pp 174,900
High-score on the parent set: 2,180,760

That's one example on the sort of cheap 1st place recordings I'm referring to, where you get a small percentage of the high score on the parent, or other clones, and only claim 1st place because it's a 'newish' clone. There are a myriad of other examples that fall into the same category someone like you or saulonpb upload a score that wouldn't even get you close to the top 10 on the sets that were emulated earlier solely for the purpose of claiming a cheap 1st place position.



Game has two loops.
A finished loop gives 1 million.
Loop 1 is easy with minimum practice. :?
User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby PP. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Kale wrote:Game has two loops.
A finished loop gives 1 million.
Loop 1 is easy with minimum practice. :?


Where is your 1 million game then?

Did you examine "jjsquawko" and saw 2 loops?


PG3 wrote:But you try to beat it :)



Did I say that I' ll try and beat any game of the board :?:
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby PG3 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:23 pm

58
Last edited by PG3 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PG3
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 am
Location: POLAND

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby BeeJay » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:05 pm

PP. wrote:The way you talk shows that you have cheap brains.

Good one. Try, and fail, to insult the person rather than debating the merits or otherwise of recordings.

PP. wrote:First of all, you don't know if "jjsuawko" is exactly same as "jjsuawk", maybe it has a different scoring system.

Yes games do rarely have different scoring systems, but that is the exception and not the rule and I just chose this game as the most recent example of what has frequently been done by both yourself and saulonpb on numerous games. Play the clone with no scores rather than the ones on which people have played lots of recordings. If you wanted to truly challenge yourself. you would play the games that already have large scores, but you simply want to grub easy leaderboard points by playing the clones which have no recordings currently.

PP. wrote:Cheap is a score which is low and comes after one or two attemps. It's not that case here. As I told you there is a competition between me and Saulon, first place has changed many times, and will go on.

That's precisely my point. First place changes so many times you clearly uploaded recordings early rather than putting true time and effort into the game before uploading your score. Again, the only reason for submitting early rather than waiting until you have put more effort into the game would be for leaderboard points grubbing.

PP. wrote:Because the parent rom score is 2,18 million, doesn't necessarily means that someone has to do a similar score otherwise he's a cheap clown... Check "jjsquawk" scores, most of them are between 4500-863000, all those uploads are cheap for you?

If they uploaded those scores after several days of effort on that one game, then no it's not a cheap score. My precise point is with the volume of recordings that someone uploads that fall into this category then they become cheap scores that aren't being submitted because the user has put a lot of time and effort into those scores, but rather are because that person is simply points grubbing leaderboard points on games that have minimal or no sumbissions prior to that point. If you're not points grubbing, why play the clone with no scores rather than playing the parent romset which does have scores.

PP. wrote:It's because you two haven't learned to respect other people's hard work. That why you call it "crap" and "cheap".

I'm more than happy to respect hard work, but if you put up 10+ scores in a day across numerous games, then there is no way you put hard work into all of those recordings.

PP. wrote:Have you ever though that numerous marp members are sick and tired of your bleat?

My bleat? I've put up 404 posts over 12 years, well it will be 405 when I click submit to this post. That's an average of 33 posts a year and you think Marp members are sick and tired of my bleat?

Cheers,
BeeJay.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby Zhorik » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:38 pm

“If you ever have an ACTUAL PROBLEM, please let us know. LBWS (LeaderBoard Whore Syndrome) does not qualify as a real problem.” - PacWhiz
User avatar
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:16 pm

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby PP. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:41 pm

BeeJay wrote:Good one. Try, and fail, to insult the person rather than debating the merits or otherwise of recordings.


Don't forget how many people you insult when you say that their scores are crap and cheap just because they are not as super-dooper you want.

BeeJay wrote:Yes games do rarely have different scoring systems, but that is the exception and not the rule and I just chose this game as the most recent example of what has frequently been done by both yourself and saulonpb on numerous games. Play the clone with no scores rather than the ones on which people have played lots of recordings. If you wanted to truly challenge yourself. you would play the games that already have large scores, but you simply want to grub easy leaderboard points by playing the clones which have no recordings currently.


Anyone can play any game or clone he wishes. And its better for a clone to be played instead of remain unplayed and forgotten.
What do you suggest, to abolish the clones? Only one inp per title, as the broken RU site does?


BeeJay wrote:That's precisely my point. First place changes so many times you clearly uploaded recordings early rather than putting true time and effort into the game before uploading your score. Again, the only reason for submitting early rather than waiting until you have put more effort into the game would be for leaderboard points grubbing.


When you are in a competition, each time you try harder to increase your score and be first again. Therefore it's not a "cheap first place", it's an expensive one.


BeeJay wrote:If they uploaded those scores after several days of effort on that one game, then no it's not a cheap score.


Glad to see we now agree.

BeeJay wrote:.....My precise point is with the volume of recordings that someone uploads that fall into this category then they become cheap scores that aren't being submitted because the user has put a lot of time and effort into those scores, but rather are because that person is simply points grubbing leaderboard points on games that have minimal or no sumbissions prior to that point.


How do you know that this happens? How do you know if there is a lot or less time and effort?
Apparently you are wrong.


BeeJay wrote:I'm more than happy to respect hard work, but if you put up 10+ scores in a day across numerous games, then there is no way you put hard work into all of those recordings.


Not all players have the same abilities. Someone needs 1 week to make a score, someone else needs 3 hours to do the same score.
Now, when you see 10 scores in a day doesn't necessarily means that they were created that same day.


BeeJay wrote:My bleat? I've put up 404 posts over 12 years, well it will be 405 when I click submit to this post. That's an average of 33 posts a year and you think Marp members are sick and tired of my bleat?


I was talking about the bleat of you and giro-X in the subject we're now discussing.
If you think you talk wisely then make a poll and ask if members agree with you(upload only super-dooper scores)...
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby BeeJay » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:55 pm

PP. wrote:Don't forget how many people you insult when you say that their scores are crap and cheap just because they are not as super-dooper you want.

I'm not directly attacking the person by calling them dumb, or having little brain. As I said below what I'm referring to is where users are uploading non-super-dooper scores to lots and lots of games that have no scores. I've never made the same comment when people are uploading scores to a game that already has a lot of higher scores because, as you rightly pointed out, for them it may be a score of which they are truly proud. What I'm referring to is where there is a pattern of lots and lots of lower scores being uploaded on games without also uploading scores to the parents. The logical reason for that to be occurring is solely for leaderboard points.

PP. wrote:Anyone can play any game or clone he wishes. And its better for a clone to be played instead of remain unplayed and forgotten.
What do you suggest, to abolish the clones? Only one inp per title, as the broken RU site does?

Yes, anyone can play any game or clone they want but when a pattern is established that a person almost exclusively does that, then said person needs to realise that others will think they're doing it for the purpose of leaderboard points. That is precisely what it appears to be to those other people and their perception is reality to them, and you objecting makes no difference whatsoever to what your behaviour suggests to them.

PP. wrote:When you are in a competition, each time you try harder to increase your score and be first again. Therefore it's not a "cheap first place", it's an expensive one.

Yes, but think about it. If you'd spent more time trying to increase your score before you submitted it in the first place, you wouldn't have to go back and fight over the score as much. Obviously time limited tournaments alter the impact of when scores will be uploaded.

PP. wrote:How do you know that this happens? How do you know if there is a lot or less time and effort?
Apparently you are wrong.
Not all players have the same abilities. Someone needs 1 week to make a score, someone else needs 3 hours to do the same score.
Now, when you see 10 scores in a day doesn't necessarily means that they were created that same day.

Because of the sheer number of scores being uploaded on an almost daily basis means that if you're a single player there just aren't enough hours in a day to put a serious amount of time and effort into every one of those games. If someone can do the same score in 3 hours that someone else takes 1 week to achieve, then how much more would they achieve if they also put 1 week into that game. Further, how much more would they be able to score after putting 3 months or 6 months into that game? Yes those scores may not have been created the day they were uploaded. But, when someone uploads multiple scores day after day after day, then unless they have a time machine they have put only a little bit of time and effort into each of those games. That's precisely the point.

Please note also that I have not attacked any scores that people put up during tournaments, as they are very much time limited and those games may be games of a style/type to which that person has little or no experience or enjoyment playing.

PP. wrote:I was talking about the bleat of you and giro-X in the subject we're now discussing.
If you think you talk wisely then make a poll and ask if members agree with you(upload only super-dooper scores)...

I think you'll find you've put far more responses into this topic than I have. I have no need to create a poll, this is already covered in the Marp rules, specifically rule 2n quoted below for your convenience:

2n) Submit only games that you feel are worthy of the notice of other MARPers, owing either to personal effort, or display of skill.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby PP. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Some quick answers. Most of what you wrote are already answered but you don't want to hear.

BeeJay wrote:I'm not directly attacking the person by calling them dumb, or having little brain. As I said below what I'm referring to is where users are uploading non-super-dooper scores to lots and lots of games that have no scores. I've never made the same comment when people are uploading scores to a game that already has a lot of higher scores because, as you rightly pointed out, for them it may be a score of which they are truly proud. What I'm referring to is where there is a pattern of lots and lots of lower scores being uploaded on games without also uploading scores to the parents. The logical reason for that to be occurring is solely for leaderboard points.


When you say that someone does crap and cheap, of course you insult him. Its lie also, what seems "crap" to you, is in fact skill and much effort.
And why you should only upload in already played roms? Someone has to do a start, right?


BeeJay wrote:Yes, but think about it. If you'd spent more time trying to increase your score before you submitted it in the first place, you wouldn't have to go back and fight over the score as much.


Good point if you focus in one game only. Saulon attacked 70 games of mine.


BeeJay wrote:I think you'll find you've put far more responses into this topic than I have. I have no need to create a poll, this is already covered in the Marp rules, specifically rule 2n quoted below for your convenience:

2n) Submit only games that you feel are worthy of the notice of other MARPers, owing either to personal effort, or display of skill.[/b]


So all those uploads of so many players with not super-dooper scores, should had never been there?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby simpsons99 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:40 pm

The problem i have with the first games you submit is there is hardly any game play and you submit the score . Just play the games you like and have fun and move on .
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby Kale » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:04 am

PP. wrote:
Kale wrote:Game has two loops.
A finished loop gives 1 million.
Loop 1 is easy with minimum practice. :?


Where is your 1 million game then?

Did you examine "jjsquawko" and saw 2 loops?


Where are my AB Cop 1ccs that bodies your lame 10 millions first places? :roll:
User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Postby PP. » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:11 am

Kale wrote:
Where are my AB Cop 1ccs that bodies your lame 10 millions first places? :roll:


Did I say I'm an expert in AB Cop?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:53 pm
Location: Greece

Previous

Return to Regulation Play

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests