saulonpb and his scores

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by kernzy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:27 am

lmao.
who said they were yours??
maybe they are easily beatable?
if your score is beaten, it is not your record anymore. it is theirs.

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by simpsons99 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:34 pm

kernzy wrote:lmao.
who said they were yours??
maybe they are easily beatable?
if your score is beaten, it is not your record anymore. it is theirs.

Do not talk with me anymore.. Thank you
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by giro-X » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:47 am

kernzy wrote:lmao.
who said they were yours??
maybe they are easily beatable?
if your score is beaten, it is not your record anymore. it is theirs.
They ARE easily beatable at most times.

I must be super partes (Latin, it can be translated as "being neutral", "indipendent", "with no influence"), objective, because a tournament is coming. But the obvious is obvious. If in a specific clone, or parent (unlikely that it's the case of a parent, unless parent and clone have been switched in time), or generically in a specific "romset", one runs alone without competitors, that is a 1st place like it is the "last" places, it's the only and only score, it can't be more obvious than that. You most usually may understand if that "only" score is good or "easy first place score" by comparing it with other scores from parent/clones of the same game. And being the case of Tecmo Knight to just pick the most recent example, in the parent P21 (not a random name...) has a score which is 237% of Brian's score uploaded today in a clone.
And then, we are talking of the MARP platform only, but remember there's life outside. A first score in here does not imply it's a first "in the world".

So hey, Brian, now I'm talking right to you, feel free to play how you like, as also BBH said... "games are played for fun", so if you find entertainment by "testing" all the versions of a game you have chosen, and then submit a score to show you've played them, ok, it's legit. And I call it "testing" because I sincerely do not see a long time effort on the major part of games you have encountered, and that's the continued exercize that brings up cool scores, and also please note that I said "major part" of games so please do not bring examples of exceptions, they are not needed.
But let's face the facts... if MARP would have never allowed for all games a separation for scores between different clones (in the cases where the only difference is the game name or the license for foreign countries), and all could be gathered under the parent, HOW MANY first scores would you have for real, "in MARP"? :/

There are tons of scores of simpsons99, saulonpb, tar, just to name some, that could be beated out there. People just don't have willing to beat them, because
-you need a bit of time anyway, of course... real life duties can't be avoided
-you should steal time for other scores you were trying to achieve
-there is no need to demonstrate the obvious, because as I said above, running alone is not a competition
-you simply don't like the game
Really, it would take me less than an hour to beat a 86K on Aurail, but I really don't give a damn, I have no time, and the few minutes I can give to free time are better spent on my other score projects (which are always too many), or testing the games voted for tournament.

And, yeah...
simpsons99 wrote:I am the most hated guy in classic gaming..
No paranoia please. Someone may not hate you but your easy first places. As well as others'. And so again no reason to be paranoiac.

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by simpsons99 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:50 pm

First off

You do not have a clue what is going on.. People are hating on me and coming to beat my scores .. Because they are Mine .

The person that beat me on Bears . Bashed on me on FB.. Laughed at me for playing the game .. What does he do ? He goes and plays the game .

I still think there is something wrong with his recording Bats only in the corners? I could get 200k with that happening
giro-X wrote:
kernzy wrote:lmao.
who said they were yours??
maybe they are easily beatable?
if your score is beaten, it is not your record anymore. it is theirs.
They ARE easily beatable at most times.

I must be super partes (Latin, it can be translated as "being neutral", "indipendent", "with no influence"), objective, because a tournament is coming. But the obvious is obvious. If in a specific clone, or parent (unlikely that it's the case of a parent, unless parent and clone have been switched in time), or generically in a specific "romset", one runs alone without competitors, that is a 1st place like it is the "last" places, it's the only and only score, it can't be more obvious than that. You most usually may understand if that "only" score is good or "easy first place score" by comparing it with other scores from parent/clones of the same game. And being the case of Tecmo Knight to just pick the most recent example, in the parent P21 (not a random name...) has a score which is 237% of Brian's score uploaded today in a clone.
And then, we are talking of the MARP platform only, but remember there's life outside. A first score in here does not imply it's a first "in the world".

So hey, Brian, now I'm talking right to you, feel free to play how you like, as also BBH said... "games are played for fun", so if you find entertainment by "testing" all the versions of a game you have chosen, and then submit a score to show you've played them, ok, it's legit. And I call it "testing" because I sincerely do not see a long time effort on the major part of games you have encountered, and that's the continued exercize that brings up cool scores, and also please note that I said "major part" of games so please do not bring examples of exceptions, they are not needed.
But let's face the facts... if MARP would have never allowed for all games a separation for scores between different clones (in the cases where the only difference is the game name or the license for foreign countries), and all could be gathered under the parent, HOW MANY first scores would you have for real, "in MARP"? :/

There are tons of scores of simpsons99, saulonpb, tar, just to name some, that could be beated out there. People just don't have willing to beat them, because
-you need a bit of time anyway, of course... real life duties can't be avoided
-you should steal time for other scores you were trying to achieve
-there is no need to demonstrate the obvious, because as I said above, running alone is not a competition
-you simply don't like the game
Really, it would take me less than an hour to beat a 86K on Aurail, but I really don't give a damn, I have no time, and the few minutes I can give to free time are better spent on my other score projects (which are always too many), or testing the games voted for tournament.

And, yeah...
simpsons99 wrote:I am the most hated guy in classic gaming..
No paranoia please. Someone may not hate you but your easy first places. As well as others'. And so again no reason to be paranoiac.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by xelnia » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:10 pm

simpsons99 wrote: You do not have a clue what is going on.. People are hating on me and coming to beat my scores .. Because they are Mine .
You're missing the point that kernzy and giro-X are making: the majority of your scores are for clones and bootlegs and rarely come close to the top scores for the parent ROMs. As giro-X says, it's ok for you to play any game you want. But when you treat others with disrespect regarding their choice of games, it's going to come back to you. When you expect others to consider you an icon of classic gaming for your bootleg MARP scores, you're asking for ridicule. Think carefully about why so many people might be mocking you or attacking your scores. Maybe it has to do with YOUR attitude, not theirs.
simpsons99 wrote: The person that beat me on Bears . Bashed on me on FB.. Laughed at me for playing the game .. What does he do ? He goes and plays the game .
He played the game to show you how much of a joke it is. You've bashed others for the games they play. How can you expect to be treated differently? Some time ago, in a Twitch chat, you made a personal attack on the person who beat your Berenstain Bears score (long before he beat your score). You've refused to explain why you made that attack, and yet you're surprised that he would make a mockery of your scores?
simpsons99 wrote: I still think there is something wrong with his recording Bats only in the corners? I could get 200k with that happening
Before you start judging other recordings, maybe you should take a look at your own. Care to explain how you achieved your FamicomBox - Donkey Kong score?

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/famibox-dk

The default settings for that game are for a "Coin Timeout" after 10 minutes, yet you played for nearly 16 minutes. Doesn't appear to me that you played on default settings. Your score 10 minutes after the coin drop was 52,500...far below your reported score of 92,800...and also below the other two scores entered for that game.

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by simpsons99 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:58 pm

funny I never changed any settings on that game .. I just played it in tell the Timeout happened.. Watch the recording
xelnia wrote:
simpsons99 wrote: You do not have a clue what is going on.. People are hating on me and coming to beat my scores .. Because they are Mine .
You're missing the point that kernzy and giro-X are making: the majority of your scores are for clones and bootlegs and rarely come close to the top scores for the parent ROMs. As giro-X says, it's ok for you to play any game you want. But when you treat others with disrespect regarding their choice of games, it's going to come back to you. When you expect others to consider you an icon of classic gaming for your bootleg MARP scores, you're asking for ridicule. Think carefully about why so many people might be mocking you or attacking your scores. Maybe it has to do with YOUR attitude, not theirs.
simpsons99 wrote: The person that beat me on Bears . Bashed on me on FB.. Laughed at me for playing the game .. What does he do ? He goes and plays the game .
He played the game to show you how much of a joke it is. You've bashed others for the games they play. How can you expect to be treated differently? Some time ago, in a Twitch chat, you made a personal attack on the person who beat your Berenstain Bears score (long before he beat your score). You've refused to explain why you made that attack, and yet you're surprised that he would make a mockery of your scores?
simpsons99 wrote: I still think there is something wrong with his recording Bats only in the corners? I could get 200k with that happening
Before you start judging other recordings, maybe you should take a look at your own. Care to explain how you achieved your FamicomBox - Donkey Kong score?

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/famibox-dk

The default settings for that game are for a "Coin Timeout" after 10 minutes, yet you played for nearly 16 minutes. Doesn't appear to me that you played on default settings. Your score 10 minutes after the coin drop was 52,500...far below your reported score of 92,800...and also below the other two scores entered for that game.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by simpsons99 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:23 pm

I am a real Gamer and I play everything .. I have other 18 thousand different games on here..

That's what I like about this place it tracks very verson of everything .. Your one of those people that keeps complain I do not deserve the Hype when I do something.. Like Donkey Kong ks, Donkey Kong Junior Million Live, Crazy Kong Ks 8 different versons .

You wonder why I keep getting awards from TG? Why do I get interviews and others do not? Because you guys keep bullying me .. Keep it up . Think your actions over before you do them. Donkey Kong Fourms Sucks! :D
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by xelnia » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:40 pm

simpsons99 wrote:funny I never changed any settings on that game .. I just played it in tell the Timeout happened.. Watch the recording
I HAVE watched it. Maybe you should give it a peek. You don't play until the coin timeout.

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by xelnia » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:12 pm

simpsons99 wrote:I am a real Gamer and I play everything ..
That's great. We should all play as many games as we can.
simpsons99 wrote:I have other 18 thousand different games on here..
Are you trying to say you've played over 18,000 different games that MARP recognizes, or that you've uploaded 18,000 INPs...or both? Because if I was a betting man I would say you haven't even played/uploaded 1,500 games.
simpsons99 wrote:Your one of those people that keeps complain I do not deserve the Hype when I do something.. Like Donkey Kong ks, Donkey Kong Junior Million Live, Crazy Kong Ks 8 different versons .
I applaud the Donkey Kong killscreen as that's something I am still striving to achieve. I don't play DK Jr, but I recognize the impressive feat of obtaining a million points live.

As far as Crazy Kong killscreens, you've only killscreened 1 that matters: Crazy Kong Part II [ckongpt2]. Since you talk down about other versions of Donkey Kong/Crazy Kong, I don't see any reason to recognize more than one type of Crazy Kong killscreen. And you haven't killscreened 8 versions, you've killscreened 6 versions...at least that's how many killscreens you've uploaded here.
simpsons99 wrote:You wonder why I keep getting awards from TG? Why do I get interviews and others do not? Because you guys keep bullying me .. Keep it up . Think your actions over before you do them. Donkey Kong Fourms Sucks! :D
I do wonder, actually. Especially since calling someone out for disrespectful behavior can hardly be called bullying.

User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by kernzy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:53 pm

this is total madness.
brian thinks he has ownership on high scores. if someone beats more than 1 of his scores, he complains that he is being targeted, further fueling his "hate" based belief system. he pisses everyone off, then claims to be the most hated gamer. what do you expect, man?
if someone beats a score you have, beat it back, or keep quiet about it. it is not yours.
if you can't beat it back, then they are better than you. just the same as hank chein is better than you at donkey kong. big deal. practice more or stop trying, or just have fun playing.
jesus man.
you poke everyone in the ribs until they react, then tell the world everyone hates you.
i'm almost glad you blocked me on facebook. this childishness is ridiculous.
grow up, man.
funny how my opinion has changed on at least 2 people on this thread.
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by simpsons99 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:43 pm

kernzy wrote:this is total madness.
brian thinks he has ownership on high scores. if someone beats more than 1 of his scores, he complains that he is being targeted, further fueling his "hate" based belief system. he pisses everyone off, then claims to be the most hated gamer. what do you expect, man?
if someone beats a score you have, beat it back, or keep quiet about it. it is not yours.
if you can't beat it back, then they are better than you. just the same as hank chein is better than you at donkey kong. big deal. practice more or stop trying, or just have fun playing.
jesus man.
you poke everyone in the ribs until they react, then tell the world everyone hates you.
i'm almost glad you blocked me on facebook. this childishness is ridiculous.
grow up, man.
funny how my opinion has changed on at least 2 people on this thread.
:lol: :lol:
Attachments
arcade Culture.jpg
arcade Culture.jpg (134.96 KiB) Viewed 4626 times
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by xelnia » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:06 am

simpsons99 wrote:Arcade Culture image
What's your point? You've gotten due credit for your DK killscreen. As usual, you're ignoring the real issues at hand, because apparently you can do no wrong. A DK killscreen doesn't give you license to be a jerk and a cheat.

User avatar
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by giro-X » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:40 am

simpsons99 wrote:You wonder why I keep getting awards from TG? Why do I get interviews and others do not? Because you guys keep bullying me .. Keep it up . Think your actions over before you do them. Donkey Kong Fourms Sucks! :D
Wow, interviews. I'm such impr..... No, wait, I do not follow any of the interviews, magazines, articles, and such. My meter to estimate the greatness of a player is on their scores. Everything else is... I can't say it's rubbish, of course it's not; it's simply not a relevant factor, lot of people nowadays gets an interview and surely not everybody really deserves one, neither I should melt inside for the emotion if I would ever get an interview a day for something happening in my life.
Why do you get interviews, anyway? Sure not for what others do. You got your nice achievements, and you got interviewed for them. Then, I suppose other things that they may have asked you have come out just for the purpose of filling up several columns of text, because that's the fashion.
Nothing that really matters so much, as I said.... it's all about your production.

Bullying? This is an interesting point of view. You are supposed to be the innocent rabbit, always talking like a saint (no offensive expression from you, ever...), always being open and peaceful (never blocked anyone?), attacked by the big bad wolves
no wait, poor wolves :D
attacked by the big bad hyenas (no willing to discuss if a hyena could ever hunt a rabbit) that want to eat the precious treasure hidden in your fur?
Okay that I have a weird sense of metaphors and imagination, but A) you are attacking people (too?), no matter what happened to you outside of here, but once you start being disrespectful you can't play the victim that much; B) where there's the recording of something, there's competition, and where there's competition, there's someone that wins and someone that loses, if you want to win you need more efforts. People beat your scores (AS WELL AS SCORES MADE BY OTHERS. In how many languages do we have to tell you that you are not the center of our thoughts?) for these reasons mainly:
1) It was a too much easy first place to get, and they'd like to have too some first places, so they take the cheap occasion.
2) It was a too much easy first place to get, and people don't like to see that a low score is marked as first just because submitted in a clone that has never been touched, so they want to demonstrate you that with small efforts it's easy to beat the score, and so it's worth nothing.
.
.
.
.
3) You are giving inspirations on what to play. Because there's nothing more simple than that, we're here to play! One is bored and doesn't know what to do, needs a new game to play... let's check at the latest recordings send....... c'mon, that's one of the way it may work! And if I'm not wrong you do it sometimes too, you see a game recently played and you send your try. Where the heck is the targetting in here?!
I have seen some days ago a score by mahlemiut on Light Bringer, not a super score, I couldn't understand how it could be possible it was a "first" on the parent... I looked around, it comes out the older parent is now a clone and I saw the scores there... HOLY FUR, an 8 million score! Download the inp, watch the recording, try some game sessions for a bit.... you know, finding inspiration on what to do next by picking something under our eyes. I can't think of something more natural.



Last thing: how funny that we are talking of YOU in a topic called "saulonpb and his scores". You are good at maneuvering the attention on yourself...
I don't need to say else about this big question, I'm already being repeatitive and it's not showing the results I've expected. Amen... I just wanted to express my disappointment as I always do when someone has a big ego. Big ego is a cancer.
Just look the last post you made. You said nothing, just showed up a cover talking of you. I see lot of egocentricity and no substance in that post.

Really, nothing else to say. Peace.

User avatar
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 am
Location: Snohomish Washington
Contact:

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by simpsons99 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:28 am

My last post was making a point about my last Post.. The pic I posted tonight was done for me tonight after they read an Interview of me being Bully by so many people.

http://www.patrickscottpatterson.com/CultureBAllen
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?

User avatar
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 am

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by kernzy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:01 pm

so,
your goal is to get the whole world to feel sorry for you?
check this out for a grounding quote.
"if you never spoke to anyone, nobody could hate you."
this is all your own making.
like it or not brian, you start arguments by making aggressive comments to people. you even done it to me, after i was the only fool to stick up for you on TG after you told another gamer should shoot himself in the head. you never even thanked me. even Cat said the best thing would be to apolagise, and you never. so i just forgave you and moved on. then you blocked me.
as far as PSP's article goes, all that points out is that it took you 33 years to be 45th best at your favourite game.
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
=D> :lol: =D>
i bet if i started playing Kong, i'd beat you within 2 years.
:!:
http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?PH ... opic=366.0

Post Reply