Syvalion

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Syvalion

Post by giro-X »

My apologies if this topic has to go elsewhere, I guess it's the right place though (ok to move it in General if needed). I hoped to find something enlightening in the old threads but nada.

My question is very simple to understand. What control should I use for this game?
Syvalion's original device is a trackball. I don't know if it's used to do so, but usually when I find a game that uses trackball, on the emulator I use the mouse and that's all ok with movements.
Using the mouse on Syvalion.... it's a pain. A kick in the fingers (original sentence censored). Not only my movements are poor in quality but also the dragon goes terribly slow. I don't know which should the speed one may achieve on an original cab so I make a comparison with the demo speed. If I use keyboard instead, without changing any analog setting in MAME, the movements are much easier but also much faster than demo, I feel like that speed is too much and it's a sort of cheating, and - again - it seems weird to me that we are allowed to use keyboard/joystick to emulate a trackball. :?

Until it's personal fun and no recording is going to be sent... this is not a problem. The fact is that I "may" far far remotely like to try get a good score and already I have an old INP ready, so I would like to know what is legit and what not. Or better, what most follows the common sense.

Thank you in advance for whoever takes two minutes to bring enlightment in here :wink: perhaps the answer is under my eyes but I'm blind on an eye (for real and metaphorically talking) :roll:
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: Syvalion

Post by Novice »

I use analog controller.
very good players loves trackball and 22.5 degree movement.
I am not.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Despatche
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Despatche »

Try analog sensitivity? I don't know this game...

But I have thought something similar with things like trackball games, maybe there should be study on analog setting for digital and analog controls for any game?
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

P.S.

The clone syvalionp needs a split like for the parent, which is syvalion-a and syvalion-b.
If who can do it does it, many thanks from the audience :D (Paulo Valmir submitted with training game, and so, game A)

I tried this prototype a little bit... the score system is quite different... as many other little details but what comes up to my eye first is the bonus for no miss and no damage, which has been terribly decreased, making perhaps more convenient to farm in the path rather than surviving. When having more time I'll try it out with more decent gaming conditions :]