Windows Updates causing problems with wolf 106

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Windows Updates causing problems with wolf 106

Post by simpsons99 »

Recently after my Puter has done Windows Updates my Wolf 106 starts having problems .
When it loads the black screen it .. It stops and says program is not responding ..

Has anyone else had this problem after Windows updates recently?

I turned off my Windows updates because I want no problems with my wolf 106
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Windows Updates causing problems with wolf 106

Post by Barthax »

WolfMAME 0.106 is nearly 9 years old so it is no surprise to hear about such things: time Twin Galaxies shifted up a gear in MAME support (a discussion which has already transpired at TG but still not actual movement). However, I can't say I've encountered any problems with it but then I'm still running it on Windows XP in a Virtual Machine: emulation inside virtualisation. :lol:
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

WolfMame 0.106 works fine on Windows 8.1 for me - not that you actually said which version of Windows you're running.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Windows 7 I did not think it mattered
Arcade Game Scores
pat33999
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by pat33999 »

No trouble here with Wolf106 in Win7 x64. Unless you're 100% certain Windows Update is causing a problem, I recommend leaving it on.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

pat33999 wrote:No trouble here with Wolf106 in Win7 x64. Unless you're 100% certain Windows Update is causing a problem, I recommend leaving it on.

Ty for your respond .. I have had the Windows updates off for about 5 days .. It has not done the hole not responding or game loading screen problems ..

Does not seem to be a problem at first but after a few hours of playing and loading games .. It starts to happen .. I have had my puter search though the problems .. It mainly says the program does not work with windows .. I do not know how things can change like this from just a update or what not..

I Just do not want to lose all my recordings and everything .. Wolf106 is what i use for about 95% of the time I play..

It's just more friendly to use ..
Arcade Game Scores
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

QMC2 is still far superior than MAMEUI/MAMEPGUI. Sometimes, I wonder why I ever used MAME Plus as a base. Now it's at least more consistent across platforms (and QMC2 (and MAMEPGUI) is also cross-platform, MAMEUI isn't).

I could suggest that you just drop Windows, and install Linux instead, but I somehow doubt that you'd actually do that. :) (even though Ubuntu will hold your hand all the way)

Extra note, fixed an error in ui.tcl which caused a error when recording. No one noticed, nice to see that me learning Tcl/Tk just to provide a basic UI is helpful... :roll:
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

mahlemiut wrote:QMC2 is still far superior than MAMEUI/MAMEPGUI. Sometimes, I wonder why I ever used MAME Plus as a base. Now it's at least more consistent across platforms (and QMC2 (and MAMEPGUI) is also cross-platform, MAMEUI isn't).

I could suggest that you just drop Windows, and install Linux instead, but I somehow doubt that you'd actually do that. :) (even though Ubuntu will hold your hand all the way)

Extra note, fixed an error in ui.tcl which caused a error when recording. No one noticed, nice to see that me learning Tcl/Tk just to provide a basic UI is helpful... :roll:

thanks for your post.. No I am not changing anything because of this .. I just turned windows updates off because I felt it was causing problems with my puter .. Then when it really causes a program I use 5 days a week to not work right .. I complete question getting updates .. maybe it's something that needs to be fixed in the update that is causing the problem..
Arcade Game Scores
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Having Windows Update running in the background caused it? Or a specific update? (and if so, what update? The only external library the win32 version would rely on, would be DirectX)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

no it's after the Windows update is installed .. It's the one from the 25tth or the Tuesday of that week ..

All I can go the problem happens after a windows update happens recently .. I can play all day then the problem happens .. I restart my puter everything is fine again and I can play. Until the problem happens again..

With Windows update turned off and restored back before the 25th .. Everything is fine and can play without any problems ..

Now if the problem happened now with everything off .. It would mean something else was causing the problem .. In which is not the case .. I am hoping it is just a problem with an update and it gets fixed with the next update .. I have got to be willing to take that risk to find out ..
Arcade Game Scores
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

starting to think it was another program that was causing the problems ..
Arcade Game Scores