Negative1 Super Breakout scores

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Negative1 Super Breakout scores

Post by The TJT »

I'm quite certain that Negative1's Super Breakout recordings are achieved on a slow PC. I'm talking about three inps done on Win61 - his Wolfmame recordings look fine.
  • "Shaky paddle"... I was wondering how anyone can play well with seemingly so erratic control. Something seemed well off from the beginning.
  • Paddle often moves extremely quickly to correct spot, not smooth at all. The motion is almost unnoticeable to human eye, it's so fast. The paddle often just basically appears in the correct spot.
  • Super human reflexes and coordination displayed. This is rather apparent especially watching his sbrkout-pro recording where he battles the descended white blocks. Also sbrkout-dbl (pretty much perfect score) and to some extent sbrkout-cav display insane ability.
These characteristics are exactly what one would expect from a recording done on a slow PC. The player himself sees the game progressing fine although slower than the original game while the playbacker on faster PC will see super quick and jerky movements plus inhuman reflexes.

In my opinion his three sbrkout recordings done on Win61 should be deleted.
  • His Wolf136 recordings look fine. None of above mentioned characteristics are noticeable in them, despite using the same controller. Those scores are also in entirely different ballpark score- and skill-wise compared to his older recordings.

Here is Win60 zipped with those three suspect inps and all necessary files, just extract to a folder start mame and playback.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Negative1 Super Breakout scores

Post by The TJT »

No replies...

Wonder if people agree, disagree or don't give a damn? :)

I probably should have emailed Negative first and asked him...
What was the MARP rule at the time anyway... 95% emulation speed?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: Negative1 Super Breakout scores

Post by Phil Lamat »

I'm on holidays in Greece, I will check when back (september)