Page 1 of 1

MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:57 pm
by ***PL***
Code: Select all
1943bj            "1943: Midway Kaisen (bootleg)"
64streetja        "64th. Street - A Detective Story (Japan, set 2)"
block             "Block Block (World 911219 Joystick)"
cherry96          "New Cherry '96 (bootleg of New Fruit Bonus?)"
chryglda          "Cherry Gold I (set 2, encrypted bootleg)"
cmasterg          "Cherry Master I (ver.1.01, set 8, V4-B-)"
cmasterh          "Cherry Master I (ver.1.10)"
cnfball2          "Electronic Football II (Conic)"
cqback            "Electronic Quarterback"
crospuzl          "Cross Puzzle"
ddcrewbl          "D. D. Crew (bootleg)"
dragntr2          "Dragon Treasure 2 (Rev A) (GDS-0037A)"
feagv10           "Elite Avant Garde (model 6117-10)"
feagv11           "Elite Avant Garde (model 6117-11)"
feagv2            "Elite Avant Garde (model 6114-2/3/4)"
feagv7            "Elite Avant Garde (model 6117-7)"
fexcel            "Excellence (model 6080/6093)"
fitegolf2         "Fighting Golf (US, Ver 2)"
flagrall          "'96 Flag Rally"
froggers3         "Frogger (Sega set 3)"
goupilg1          "Goupil G1"
gtmrb             "1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/05/26)"
gtmro             "1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/05/10)"
h2hbaskb          "Head to Head Basketball (COP420L)"
jpark3u           "Jurassic Park 3 (ver UA)"
l9nibble          "Lucky 9"
lostreas          "Lost Treasure - The Electronic Deep-Sea Diving Game (Electronic Dive-Control Center)"
mcompgin          "Computer Gin"
misdraw           "Michigan Super Draw (2131-16, U5-2)"
moonlghta         "Moon Light (v.0629, high program)"
moonlghtb         "Moon Light (v.02L0A, low program)"
moonlghtc         "Moon Light (v.02L0A, high program, alt gfx)"
ms72c             "Multistar 7 2c"
multchmpa         "Multi Champ (World, older)"
nameclub          "Name Club (J 960315 V1.000)"
nbajamr1          "NBA Jam (rev 1.00 02/1/93)"
nclubv2           "Name Club Ver.2 (J 960315 V1.000)"
ngbc              "NeoGeo Battle Coliseum"
notetakr          "Notetaker"
p911ea            "Police 24/7 (ver EAA, alt)"
pclove            "Print Club LoveLove (J 970421 V1.000)"
pclove2           "Print Club LoveLove Ver 2 (J 970825 V1.000)"
pclub26w          "Print Club 2 Vol. 6 Winter (J 961210 V1.000)"
pclub27s          "Print Club 2 Vol. 7 Spring (J 970313 V1.100)"
pclub2pe          "Print Club 2 Pepsiman (J 970618 V1.100)"
pclub2pf          "Print Club 2 Puffy (Japan)"
pclub2wb          "Print Club 2 Warner Bros (J 970228 V1.000)"
pclubyo2          "Print Club Yoshimoto V2 (J 970422 V1.100)"
prc297wia         "Print Club 2 '97 Winter Ver (J 971017 V1.100, set 2)"
prc298su          "Print Club 2 '98 Summer Ver (J 980603 V1.100)"
rdft2it           "Raiden Fighters 2 - Operation Hell Dive (Italy)"
roypok96c         "Royal Poker '96 (set 4, C3 board)"
rumblefp          "The Rumble Fish (prototype)"
sboblbobld        "Super Bobble Bobble (bootleg, set 4)"
scmaster          "Super Cherry Master (v1.0)"
spcrocks          "Space Rocks (Spanish clone of Asteroids)"
sscopefh          "Silent Scope Fortune Hunter"
thrild2ab         "Thrill Drive 2 (ver AAA, alt)"
thrild2ac         "Thrill Drive 2 (ver AAA, alt 2)"
touchemea         "Touche Me (set 2, harder)"
tsurugie          "Tsurugi (ver EAB, alt)"
wanganmr          "Wangan Midnight R (WMR1 Ver. A)"
wcombatb          "World Combat (ver AAD:B, alt)"
wcvol95x          "World Cup Volley '95 Extra Version (Asia v2.0B)"
wrallyb           "World Rally (Version 1.0, Checksum 8AA2)"
zodiac            "Zodiac - The Astrology Computer"

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:26 pm
by Haze
The main new playable game from that list is "'96 Flag Rally"

As with last time, some of the more interested improvements are to existing games / sets tho. The emulation of Zaccaraia's "Cat and Mouse" is VASTLY improved in this version, actually makes it seem a lot more worthwhile playing. This follows on from improvements to Zaccaraia's Lazarian / Laser Battle in 0.170 (before then some levels had invisible bullets, and a lot of gfx were missing - so again, it's much more fun to compete on in the current builds)

The Asian clone of World Cup Volly '95 might be interesting because it's dubbed an 'extra' version, so might have some changes beyond the language / region, although it doesn't look like that one was too popular to begin with.

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 am
by kranser
With this MAME release, a new version of block is included, but what happened to the previous version of block (named: Block Block (World 910910)) - there doesn't seem to be a clone made for this version...
Anyway, for MARP, do we need to archive/backup/rename all old scores for 'block'?
Kranser.

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 am
by kranser
kranser wrote:With this MAME release, a new version of block is included, but what happened to the previous version of block (named: Block Block (World 910910)) - there doesn't seem to be a clone made for this version...
Anyway, for MARP, do we need to archive/backup/rename all old scores for 'block'?
Kranser.


Ok found out that the 910910 general release of block is now renamed to blockr2 - so this game needs to be added and the scores need to renamed from block to blockr2.

Hope that helps.

Kranser.

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:32 am
by kranser
Actually it seems Pat has already handled both blockr1 (previously blockjoy) and blockr2 (previously block) - so nothing to do. But it does confuse me that renames are not listed in the MARP news section.

Kranser.

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 pm
by Zhorik
Haze wrote:The main new playable game from that list is "'96 Flag Rally"

As with last time, some of the more interested improvements are to existing games / sets tho. The emulation of Zaccaraia's "Cat and Mouse" is VASTLY improved in this version, actually makes it seem a lot more worthwhile playing. This follows on from improvements to Zaccaraia's Lazarian / Laser Battle in 0.170 (before then some levels had invisible bullets, and a lot of gfx were missing - so again, it's much more fun to compete on in the current builds)

The Asian clone of World Cup Volly '95 might be interesting because it's dubbed an 'extra' version, so might have some changes beyond the language / region, although it doesn't look like that one was too popular to begin with.

Thanks for these "what has improved in playability" updates Haze! Very useful for MARPers looking to understand the new release differences most likely to effect us.

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:12 pm
by ***PL***
With each MAME release, most people seem interested only in the new games coming out. There are usually lots and lots of long name changes and a few games where the short name is changed. Here are the games where the latter has occured...
Code: Select all
*** changed short
mj2 -> mj2f             "Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 2 (Rev F) (GDX-0006F)"
mj2g -> mj2             "Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 2 (Rev G) (GDX-0006G)"
pclb298a -> prc298au    "Print Club 2 '98 Autumn Ver (J 980827 V1.000)"
pclub298 -> prc298sp    "Print Club 2 '98 Spring Ver (J 971017 V1.100)"
wrallyb -> wrallyat     "World Rally (US, 930217)"

*** changed both
block -> blockr2        "Block Block (World 910910)" -> "Block Block (World 910910)"
blockjoy -> blockr1     "Block Block (World 911106 Joystick)" -> "Block Block (World 911106 Joystick)"
ngbc -> ngbcj           "Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum" -> "NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (Japan)"
pclb297w -> prc297wi    "Print Club 2 '97 Winter Ver (J 971017 V1.100)" -> "Print Club 2 '97 Winter Ver (J 971017 V1.100, set 1)"

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:33 pm
by kranser
***PL*** wrote:With each MAME release, most people seem interested only in the new games coming out. There are usually lots and lots of long name changes and a few games where the short name is changed. Here are the games where the latter has occured...
Code: Select all
*** changed short
mj2 -> mj2f             "Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 2 (Rev F) (GDX-0006F)"
mj2g -> mj2             "Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 2 (Rev G) (GDX-0006G)"
pclb298a -> prc298au    "Print Club 2 '98 Autumn Ver (J 980827 V1.000)"
pclub298 -> prc298sp    "Print Club 2 '98 Spring Ver (J 971017 V1.100)"
wrallyb -> wrallyat     "World Rally (US, 930217)"

*** changed both
block -> blockr2        "Block Block (World 910910)" -> "Block Block (World 910910)"
blockjoy -> blockr1     "Block Block (World 911106 Joystick)" -> "Block Block (World 911106 Joystick)"
ngbc -> ngbcj           "Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum" -> "NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (Japan)"
pclb297w -> prc297wi    "Print Club 2 '97 Winter Ver (J 971017 V1.100)" -> "Print Club 2 '97 Winter Ver (J 971017 V1.100, set 1)"


The short name changing is good to see, especially as the short name entry is new in MARP's database - even though the actual game was existing before.

I was expecting to see blockr2 when block was changed, as I thought for a minute that we had lost the original game completely!
If others also want, I would certainly like to see the short name changing differences in future.

Thanks for clarifying this Pat.

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:04 pm
by GJTMarper
I would second the short name changes list idea, particularly as how often you see in the MARP database INPs uploaded under the wrong shortname and having to be moved as a result. If the shortname changes were put in a convenient list, uploaders would be less likely to make that mistake.

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:41 pm
by ***PL***
OK guys, I'll do so from now on. :)

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:32 pm
by simpsons99
I like the new mame program.

2 things I would like to change with it .

When you pick a game it should record from that . I have to click the thing in the corner and put in the rom name. This requires I have to write it down .

second thing The console closes after each game .. I have to reload Mame each time after every game .. This gets quite old quick.

Everything else I completely love about it . All the games are there and I can pick one ! :D

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:16 pm
by mahlemiut
simpsons99 wrote:I like the new mame program.

2 things I would like to change with it .

When you pick a game it should record from that . I have to click the thing in the corner and put in the rom name. This requires I have to write it down .

Who says you have put in the ROM name? It clearly says INP filename. Call it whatever you want.

simpsons99 wrote:second thing The console closes after each game .. I have to reload Mame each time after every game .. This gets quite old quick.

This is to prevent MAME from writing over your previous INP when starting the dummy driver that the menu uses. Am looking at better ideas, hopefully can come with something soon.

simpsons99 wrote:Everything else I completely love about it . All the games are there and I can pick one ! :D

Good to hear. ;)

Re: MAME 0.171 New Games

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:09 pm
by simpsons99
yeah inp name and rom name are the same things