Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Hard Puncher - Powerful Mode regulation

Poll ended at Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:27 am

Completely ban the mode
9
90%
Split the mode into separate romset
1
10%
Leave as-is
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by Kale » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 am

This is a poll for regulating Hard Puncher (Japanese version of The Final Round) Powerful Mode cheat at start.
1cc this mode grants the player a double bonus than normal, and any punch landed is automatically KO.
The common strat is of course to boost everything at speed stat since stamina and power are completely ignored in this mode.

The poll isn't for the Secret World cheat, which still grants double points but it's definitely harder than default.

Discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10424
Example Inps:
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/7/e/e/gte ... olf105.zip
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/e/3/8/xyn ... olf105.zip
download/file.php?id=2128
Reference code:

Code: Select all

In the japanese version of the game (Hard Puncher), begin a normal game.
Then, at the opening blue screen, tap RIGHT, UP, LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, UP,
RIGHT, DOWN. If done correctly, a bell will sound.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by PP. » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:04 am

Still wonder why took you so many years for this poll. Caseh's inp exist there since 2006.

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by Kale » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:45 am


User avatar
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:16 pm

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by Zhorik » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:33 pm

PP. wrote:Still wonder why took you so many years for this poll. Caseh's inp exist there since 2006.
Didn't you get banned from Retrouprising a few weeks back after you got caught using auto-fire?

Did you ever use auto-fire for any of your submissions to MARP?

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by PP. » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Zhorik wrote:Didn't you get banned from Retrouprising a few weeks back after you got caught using auto-fire?

Did you ever use auto-fire for any of your submissions to MARP?

This is offtopic but a good opportunity to talk about the broken site of ru,

I left from that site because they have a PAC case, someone with the nick "tif".
In ru they don't check for a/f, there are plenty of inps there with a/f.
In marp they use wolfmames, they check inps for hacks, you cant use a/f here.
That's why tif won't play here and we don't see his... outstanding performances.

What does this mean?
Why you waited 11 years to make this poll? just a query.

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by BeeJay » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:48 pm

PP. wrote: Why you waited 11 years to make this poll? just a query.
Why are you repeating this comment. You already covered this in a prior post and you're quite quick to hassle others for repeating things that have already been covered/posted?!?

Maybe real life, maybe lack of interest, maybe back in those days not every member realised they could start a poll without having to wait for a regulation coordinator to make a poll, etc, etc.

The point is, the poll has now been made.... although why anyone would suggest a separate track for something that completely breaks the game is beyond me, but based on the poll results one person did vote this way?!? (Unless of course it's someone who wants to allow trashy recordings for cheap leader board points...)

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by PP. » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:33 pm

BeeJay wrote: Why are you repeating this comment. You already covered this in a prior post and you're quite quick to hassle others for repeating things that have already been covered/posted?!?
Covered?? I received no answer. Exept you if you think its an answer something like post#3.
I do not hassle, I 'm hassled. You are another one of that team.
BeeJay wrote: Maybe real life, maybe lack of interest, maybe back in those days not every member realised they could start a poll without having to wait for a regulation coordinator to make a poll, etc, etc.
Btw, how this works? Anyone can anytime make a poll for any game? and are they any required minimum of votes?
I have some cases in my mind which could be under a poll, too.

BeeJay wrote: although why anyone would suggest a separate track for something that completely breaks the game is beyond me, but based on the poll results one person did vote this way?!?
Who sets the possibe answers of a poll? the poll starter? If you disagree with an answer then you should talk to him.

My note is that this game has a trick(powerful world poll) as many other games have as well, if this trick needs an ability to execute then yes, should be separation.

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by Kale » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:57 am

BeeJay wrote:
The point is, the poll has now been made.... although why anyone would suggest a separate track for something that completely breaks the game is beyond me, but based on the poll results one person did vote this way?!? (Unless of course it's someone who wants to allow trashy recordings for cheap leader board points...)
Forgot to mention: I've also added a romset split option in case we wonder about a possible max limit for that mode.
Not that I bother too much about it but hey ;)

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by BeeJay » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:14 pm

PP. wrote:
BeeJay wrote: Why are you repeating this comment. You already covered this in a prior post and you're quite quick to hassle others for repeating things that have already been covered/posted?!?
Covered?? I received no answer. Exept you if you think its an answer something like post#3.
I do not hassle, I 'm hassled. You are another one of that team.
If you don't think posting something like the following, which I take to be quite an antagonistic use of wording, to be hassling another member of these forums then you probably didn't understand what I meant by stop hassling others.
PP. wrote:Still wonder why took you so many years for this poll. Caseh's inp exist there since 2006.
I'm not a member of any team, I'm just standing up for another member of these forums because you used quite antagonistic words when asking the question above. If that was not your intention, then I'll crawl back under my rock, I was just trying to point out how the way you wrote it could easily cause offence to the person it was directed at.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by PP. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:41 pm

BeeJay wrote:
If you don't think posting something like the following, which I take to be quite an antagonistic use of wording, to be hassling another member of these forums then you probably didn't understand what I meant by stop hassling others.
Its not an "antagonistic use of wording", its the truth.
Don't be afraid of dialogue, a different opinion than yours is not hassling.

As long as Caseh's inp was there(since 2006) there was no problem. But after TK made a similar score then we have such poll. Don't you think this is strange?
Why you take it as hassling to Kale and not hassling to TK?

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by BeeJay » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:34 pm

PP. wrote:As long as Caseh's inp was there(since 2006) there was no problem. But after TK made a similar score then we have such poll. Don't you think this is strange?
Why you take it as hassling to Kale and not hassling to TK?
The posting of a new score brought the topic back to the forefront, as would have happened if anyone else had uploaded a similar recording using the same 'broken' code sequence prior to starting the game. So no, I don't think it strange in the slightest that somebody posting a score for that game would restart the discussions on banning the use of that code sequence.

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by BeeJay » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:41 pm

PP. wrote:Its not an "antagonistic use of wording", its the truth.
Don't be afraid of dialogue, a different opinion than yours is not hassling.
I'm not afraid of a different opinion but the manner in which you say something, regardless of whether or not it is the truth, can easily cause offense and can be considered antagonistic.

eg: She was very fat woman vs She was larger than the average woman. The first comment is far more likely to be taken badly than the 2nd, even though they are both true statements, but they would probably both cause offense to the person even though it is the truth!

You think it wasn't antagonistic, I think it was. That's a difference of opinion. I was pointing out that it could easily be taken that way, whether you intended it or not, and therefore in the absence of body language and other things that come with verbal communication choice of wording is very important!

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by PP. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:43 pm

BeeJay wrote: The posting of a new score brought the topic back to the forefront, as would have happened if anyone else had uploaded a similar recording using the same 'broken' code sequence prior to starting the game. So no, I don't think it strange in the slightest that somebody posting a score for that game would restart the discussions on banning the use of that code sequence.
In fact it is 2 years old.
Apparently Kale made the poll because he wants to get a first place for himself.

This code helps you finish the game but score vary, its not always same(as happens in other games). So I don't think code should be banned.
We should ban all codes then.

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 am

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by BeeJay » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:17 pm

PP. wrote:In fact it is 2 years old.
Ah.... so TK's recording is 2 years old and you think this poll, and the other thread reactivating, was somehow an attack on him?!? I just assumed you thought it was an attack on him because he'd only recently uploaded his recording, otherwise why would you bring that up.... bad assumption on my part.

User avatar
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:53 pm

Re: Hard Puncher - Powerful World poll

Post by Kale » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 pm

PP. wrote: In fact it is 2 years old.
Apparently Kale made the poll because he wants to get a first place for himself.
So I've voted for the ban and clearly stated I'm not interested in this jank mode at all but still want a first place?
Your logic needs to be cured, seriously.

Post Reply