Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Circus Charlie

Post by Cubist »

Proposal:

Score should be score+15000 for each level completed past the
score it maxes out at (999990).

Something similar should be done with Karnov (perhaps score+100000
for each life left at the completion of the game).
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

Leave as is . Otherwise there will a flood of 'proposals' for the same kind of idea , on a hell of a lot more games . Too messy...., I would think ?

Cheers ,

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

the alternative is to play at a harder level so it's not as easy to get 999... are there harder levels in those games that actually "are" harder to play?
-skito
QRS
Editor

Re:

Post by QRS »

Hmm I think you should leave it as it is. I was quite into Marks idea first about the "Who completes more stages win", but after some thought I think it is pointless.

Why you ask? just because the trapetze stages don´t get any harder after the 5th on, and you have ALOT of men in spare when you get 999,990 (Due to the multi extra men that the game gives you every 1000 points or so.)

If you watch my recording you will see that I killed off about 20 men in the end :)

When I got my 999,999 I played at the deca 2002 settings. (One dipswitch is changed to harder then default I think) Also the famous leeching at the lionstage is not allowed in the Deca so it was harder to get the max score becasue of that.

I really don´t think we will see so many maxed out scores here, cause the game is not so easy to max out as many people think. It need alot pf practicing on the springboard stages and most of all a great horse-stage run!.

Anyway that´s just my two cents :)

Regards

QRS
QRS
zylquin
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by zylquin »

I'd leave it as is. Just because a player makes it to a higher level does not equate to more overall skill, just more skill on the trapeze.

The game has one "harder" setting, but it's actually easier to max out the score on this setting because there are more points available on the horseback levels.

Overall, the game is not designed well for competitions. Too many places available for "gray-area" leeching.

I think the only way to make it competitive for the future would be to limit the game to x number of men.