vs Castlevania leeching

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

CrazyJim
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

vs Castlevania leeching

Post by CrazyJim »

I think I found a way to leech in Castlevania...
Points are hard to come by and are balanced until you start smacking starting wraiths with holy water then this wild multiplier shows up that drarfs all other scores.

Basically you can sit and kill wraiths on level 1 with holy water for a very fast high score. Also you get points so fast that you get extra lives faster than you lose them to time.

I'm thinking this should be classified as a banned technique? If not, I'll go score some solid 9's on castlevania.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

ahem, I mentioned this over a month ago for the Playchoice-10 version...

viewtopic.php?t=8998

Nobody seemed to care though
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

There are multitudes of leech points for pc_cvnia. You can go back and forth b/w screens and rekill enemies, stand in one spot and strike enemy shots indefinitely etc. The holy water multiplier is the best by far though. Using that power makes all but the last enemy a joke - the Grim Reaper and Medusa for instance don't even move before they die to it. My favourite leech point back in my NES console days was the big white birds that carry hunchbacks. Leeching there is interesting enough that you don't fall asleep, leap-whack, leap-whack, duck-whack etc.

To make a far better impression try to get through the game unscathed. It's not impossible, the only really difficult part is the water section where things don't always go your way.

Killing Drac (including his Gargoyle morph phase) without being touched is also a good challenge and not so hard once you work out his pattern.

Another thing I'd like to see done is someone playing through uncovering all the secrets in the game - there are a lot more of them than have been shown in the current inp's.

In section 1 of the last stage where you have the run the gauntlet of the big bats over a stone bridge has not been mastered here on MARP. The way I used to do it only required two uses of the watch (that you pick up at the start of the level). Completely ignoring the enemies (pacifist approach) and using the watch at two points is enough to get through the section. Now to really impress, find a way to waste the huge bats and really own that section of the game.

Cheers,
Tim