Congratulations! DDR is the master of rainbow.

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Congratulations! DDR is the master of rainbow.

Post by Novice »

Very good job.
rainbow island extra version is the FIRST romboard which I bought.11 years ago.
it was very difficult.I need 1year to finish it.need 2years to through all room without item. 11years(now) are not enough to get 91+ million.
but you did it with ease. :D
to tell the truth,I think you as a just a mimic man at first.
normal version's loop leeching and get password without puzzles.

but I simply bow down for your great work now.
congratulations. you are the master of rainbow island! :P :!:
let you beat current WR. 94.3M . become the god of rainbow!! :!: :!:
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Well, there's no one better to say how great someone did on a game. :) Congrats DDR on a job well done. I wish I had that sort of skill. :)
essekappa
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by essekappa »

I think you as a just a mimic man at first.
normal version's loop leeching and get password without puzzles.
The truth is that I DID copy loop leeching just to see if it was simple as it seemed (but it's not) and I uploaded the inp only for the leaderboard point; I've submitted a lot of inps just to get to the top positions of the board but now I don't care that much.

And I DIDN'T find the code on the net, not even the puzzle translation: you are always given the first letter and one of the remainig seven
it was easy to discover that they are revealed by the last (of the seven) diamond you get

And I would really like to have YOUR skill on bosconian, Joey, it is one of the game I like the most...
Anno 79 dell'era spaziale........
seymour
Site Admin

Post by seymour »

essekappa wrote:I've submitted a lot of inps just to get to the top positions of the board but now I don't care that much.
Congrats on your even higher Super Buster Bros (Tour Mode) score - as hard as I've tried, I just can't manage to do as well in MAME as I used to be able to in the arcade (my best was about 7.5 million, I think).

Some day I might manage to beat your score :) (or probably not - but I'll certainly try).
Chris Gushue
MARP IRC/Forum Maintainer
http://gushue.net
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

essekappa wrote:And I would really like to have YOUR skill on bosconian, Joey, it is one of the game I like the most...
Heh, you made my day (or what is left of it) a lot brighter. I actually wish I was a lot better at the game though, because I know if the Japanese actually played the Bosco romset they'd destroy my score. :) I've only been playing a year and a half, but not too often in that year and a half (certainly under 100 hours, I used to throw actual numbers around but I won't even bother anymore.) Heck, I'm only 14, I have a lot of time to improve, but who knows if I can. (I probably can't.) Maybe if I play a lot more or somethin I could actually improve, but I really doubt it. I'd say that I'm really just an intermediate player, and I'm going to stay at that level. :( If I actually had someone to show me how it was really played, that would be interesting.

Maybe you and I should talk sometime, maybe we could share tips or do a deal over kaillera to "teach" each other something. :) Talking while playing is a lot easier than just watching someone's replay; "wow, he got 92M+ on Rainbowe, I just don't understand his techniques and how he is so good!"

I really do admire your rainbowe skills more than my crappy Bosconian skills. :)

And Hisa, you have some mad skills also, keep the work up. :)

I'm out.