inp submission with MacMAME

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by bmclean »

Gotta catch up on all the faggotry I missed while I was away. :)
MrBunny
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by MrBunny »

LN2, if I read this thread right, it seems you were asking questions before submitting inp's.

How did you know that some of your mac inp's playback in normal mame and mame32 way back then, if you didn't have a PC and you hadn't submitted to marp?
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

MrBunny wrote:How did you know that some of your mac inp's playback in normal mame and mame32 way back then, if you didn't have a PC and you hadn't submitted to marp?
I have VirtualPC on my Mac. It's a PC emulator.

I used to go to the trouble when I first joined MARP of testing every one of my inps within VPC to see if it was cross-platform compatible.

I stopped doing that after 3-6 months cuz it was too much of a pain starting a playback of even just a 1 hour inp and having my mac occupied for 2-3+ hours to play it back fully....and for games that don't have a high score table having to actually try and be there for the end.

I often would get one going when I knew I didn't need my Mac for anything else for a few hours.

At some point I decided it wasn't worth testing for it anymore. Confirmers can attempt to playback my inps in a couple minutes versus me taking hours.