50%
Scoring System No. 3
50%

Total votes: 16

roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

C'mon, Chad, we gotta do something here. We can't just leave the poll tied and forget about it. Last time there was a tied poll, Frankie just restarted it and let the poll go. We need to do the same and get this over with.
-roncli
[Poor sig. :P --SarcasmCli]
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

'r'ush wudent be prudent. especially since there are strong views on two sides of the coin regaurdless if this issue affects a nice packet of games.

having said that; it would be totally UNFAIR if the same people voted the same way and because someone happened to go on vacation for as long as the poll takes, the side that person didn't take wins. I would be much happier (as would at least 66+% of the people who vote) to have a poll where one option clearly beats the other.
-skito
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

I'd be in favor of a publicly televised coin flip.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

If this sample of the public is an idea of how polls would turn out, a vast majority is not going to happen. :)

I also never said that I didn't want a longer poll... I just want to see this thing moving instead of stagnating on an 8-8 tie.

I will agree to disagree on the reasons behind why we think our options are better, and have finished discussing them. I agree that the explanations are important, though, and all related topics should be linked to the new poll. But we don't need to go through that again among ourselves. Let the people voting discuss it if they want. If they don't, then it's not as big of a thing as we think.

Also, if someone decides to ditch MARP for a month or two and miss the poll, you're gonna be SOL. If we advertise this poll well enough, your concern of people who voted last time not voting this time will only occur if the person doesn't care about the poll, or has left MARP for a period of time longer than the poll.
-roncli
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Okay, links to all topics that we've had about this recently, and then run the poll for 14 days, and promote it on the news page. How's that?

14 days should be enough.
Frankie
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Sounds good to me. :)
-roncli
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

BTW, how about, when there IS a rule change under consideration, the Special Rules link be put up - and made a link to the poll in question?

This way, the people who actually have some stake in the outcome of the poll can see it EVERY TIME THEY CHECK THEIR SCORES ON THOSE GAMES.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

That's a good idea too, but for baseball, that's a lot of games.
-roncli
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

Yeah, I know it is - but it's definitely worthwhile if it gets people to vote who wouldn't have otherwise.