Who do I talk to about bad recordings?

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

The Grump
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Who do I talk to about bad recordings?

Post by The Grump »

I have recently found some recordings that do not show the scores they post or use techniques that I thought were not allowed. Could anyone please tell me who to contact about these? A few examples follow.

In many shooter games (Raiden for ex.) I noticed some players use auto fire. Is this not banned?

In golf games, players are using more than one credit to finish 18 holes. Is this allowed in the new scoring system? I myself have been using this and would hate to be uploading bad recordings.

Thanks for your help.

The Grump
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes. In some games players uses autofire. Later I write who and where.
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Autofire is NOT allowed in any recording that is going to be uploaded on marp. The only exception is when the autofire is already there in the game so to speak.

What I mean is NO controllers that uses autofire nor any changing of possible dipswitches to gain autofire (like strikers 1945+ as an example)

Cheers
QRS
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

nor the XMAME -rapidfire switch.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Look at inp Dragon Spirit old and new version at 1st positions. Hm... it's controversial.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/jzx_dspi ... _win60.zip
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/7nt_dspi ... n36b15.zip

these are very fast firing inps for sure, Hisa can fire extremeley fast and the other player from japan also fires fast. However, The button presses for these inps do NOT have detectable patterns that are evident in most autofiring inps.

So: either they are very good and constant fast human pressing OR they are using an autofiring mechanism that is well developed to mimic human pressing OR they are using slowdowns. For one Hisa has made a recording using a secure mame (mame3235tg3) to prove he does not use slowdown. I'm sure we could ask him again with out offending him to use Barry's more secure Alphamame on a future recording to prove in a more secure mame that his fingers really are that fast.

http://mahlemiut.marpirc.net/alphamame-061-2.zip
-skito
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

OK. Very good players.
I know more controversial inps but I forget today.