pc_hgaly

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Pika163
Button Masher
Button Masher

pc_hgaly

Post by Pika163 »

What are the rules for this game? Is it keep inserting credits until your game is finished, or is it jsut one credit and finish whether your game is finished or not?
---J. Michael Bottorff
"The stupidest kinds of people are the ones who put self-quotes in their signature." --Me
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

cool Avatar! If you playback Blosts recording you'll find he only used one 3900 timer credit which is the general rule for play choice games. The general rule for all mame games is to use one credit only with some exceptions mostly for baseball games.
-skito
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

There is no way some of those playchoice scores for certain games were done with only 1 credit.

I thought the idea was 1 "game" with no benefit from a previous game or benefit from buying in.

For playchoice games more credits just gives more time to play. It doesn't change how the game itself plays at all. I thought because of this the general rule of thumb was as you play you can keep popping on more time so the timer doesn't run out.

Based on some of the scores this definitely seems to be the case....although I haven't watched the inps.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

it's not a regular 300 tick credit, it's an extended 3900 tick super credit, which is 13 regular credits (but the game ends when the game ends you can't continue if you lose all your lives), this was decided on here

viewtopic.php?t=5857
-skito
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

oh, I totally agree you can't continue if you lose your lives, however should the game end just because the timer runs out?

How much time is "3900" anyway?
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

About 4 hours I think... You are also allowed to se the "tick" of the timesr to go down slower. That makes 3900 ticks about 4 hours I think. Gameboy did some calculation on that a long time ago :)

Cheers
QRS
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I think it worked something like this: 3900 * 4 (1 tick goes down every 4 seconds) = 15,600 (seconds) = 260 (minutes) = 4 1/3 (hours).