Scoring for Cruisin' USA/Cruisin' World

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Donut
Button Masher
Button Masher

Scoring for Cruisin' USA/Cruisin' World

Post by Donut »

8O The Cruisin' USA and Cruisin' World games - How do we score them? Should we do a subtraction of the best time from a certain number?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

um, are you actually able to run it at a legal speed? @_@
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

BBH, I'm close to legal speed, having a P4 2,4 ;) ,without sound, with *some* frameskipping. I don't think even 2,8 would cut it.

But if I really want to make my processor suffer -there are better games to do it with:
Stunrun!, Starblad! 100% +
Solvalou? 87%?
Propcyc?....about 30% ???? Wonder what game this is anyway, mame.dk says "controls -none"??

http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/bench.htm
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

No frameskipping is faster for System 22 games. Or at least, that's what they say. And I can run Starblade at 100% speed too. :)

And if I remember right, a 2.4GHz CPU is enough for [img]only[/img] the CPU emulation.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Now all we have to do is to make a controller hack for Starblade...Very fine game, even with a mouse :P
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

The TJT wrote:Propcyc?....about 30% ???? Wonder what game this is anyway, mame.dk says "controls -none"??
Propcycle is a cool game actually! You sat on a bike and used the pedals to ride it/stay in the air longer. The game also had a fan that blew some fresh air on you to make the "simulation" better (and prolly for cooling yourself down too: :)

I think that those pedals are hard to emulate as controls in mame. I have tried everything but I can´t get anything to work yet.. :(
QRS
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

the inputs are a hack in propcycle for the time being, they're not mapped through mame's input port system but just read directly from the keyboard.

does playing crusin' in slow motion really give anybody an advantage its frustrating as hell :-p