Lode Runner - The Dig Fight (ver. A/B) (Japan)

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

What should we do about "Easy" level recordings?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:13 pm

Nothing, someone will eventually submit a 'Normal' game with High score
25%
Split game depending on difficulity "Easy", "Normal", etc...
63%
Disallow recordings with "Easy" level of difficulty
13%

Total votes: 8

kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Lode Runner - The Dig Fight (ver. A/B) (Japan)

Post by kranser »

For Lode Runner - The Dig Fight (ver. A/B) (Japan) everyone has played the Easy Game so far and most people maxed at level 6 (for Ver. B) and Level 3 (for Ver. A).

Why doesn't anyone play the harder levels? Is it because it is an easy 100 points to have a joint high score of 6 points?
If so, I vote to either ban the Easy level or Split the game.

Please vote and let people know what you want done with this game.
Please also post any ideas you have about scoring based on time.

Regards,
Kranser.
Tenchi
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

scoring

Post by Tenchi »

If we just split the games, I think we'll probably end up with 6 on every game. We should definitely score based on time left - maybe something like 100 * levels completed + seconds remaining (for those who completed all six levels)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Not worth splitting it based on skill...cuz that sort of sets a precedent where others might want to do that with all other games.

ie. mspac at normal difficulty then at hard difficulty as a separate listing.
Some games have 10 difficulty levels...like super pacman. Do you want 9 separate listings for a game like that at each skill level? Of course not....it's ridiculous.

I think if you do anything here make a special rule to use normal or even hard difficulty versus just easy for that Lode Runner...or just archive the game so not worth any points since so many can easily get a score of "6" for 100 MARP points.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

I was guessing that the 'Normal' difficulty level [haven't tried it myself yet] would have more levels, thus enabling a higher score. Is this not the case? Or are the levels too difficult to play past level 6 of Normal mode?

I was just wondering why you said that the score would probably also be 6 for the Normal mode.

Regards,
Kranser.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

To me, splitting on skill level should be game-dependent.

Pacman and Ghosts'n Goblins (for example) are *almost* exactly the same on different difficulty levels. But Lode Runner - The Dig Fight and Pop'n Pop (or Puzzle Bobble) sometimes have different levels, or a much bigger increase of difficulty (more balloons (esp. Bomb balloons) to clear per level in Pop'n Pop) depending on skill level.

Just providing a little more info about different skill levels.

Kranser.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

I've said it before and I'll say it again for those that missed it...

I will not split a game based on skill level alone!

One thing that certainly needs to be addressed with this game is the scoring. This will break the 6 point deadlock and space out the scores. I also would like to see some scores posted for the more difficult levels.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

In loderndf, you have 7 courses and ALL LEVELS ARE DIFFERENT in each course :
a-6levels (diff=1)
b-6levels (diff=2)
a-12levels (diff=3)
b-12levels (diff=4)
a-12 other levels (diff=5)
b-12 other levels (diff=6)
? (diff=7)

I think it deserves a split in 7 entries because of seven very different courses
, and apply this scoring :
1000x(nb levels completed) + time remaining in seconds at the end of last stage completed

Maybe we should also discuss a bonus for levels completed without entrapping and/or without killing ?