What Happened To The 'Weird' Page

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

What Happened To The 'Weird' Page

Post by tmorrow »

MARP used to have a weird page where you could download inp's showing unusual and buggy features of arcade games (native problems not emulation problems). I thought I'd have a look tonight and was surprised not to see it anywhere. What happened to it? I sincerely hope that I've just overlooked it and that it hasn't been removed.

There are lots of unusual tricks/bugs in games that are worth recording for posterity. MARP stands for MAME Action Replay Page and action replay should not be limited to high scores only. At last count (1 year ago) there were around 60 weird recordings here, fortunately I downloaded most of them at the time.

Cheers,
Tim
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

From the "Pick a Page" drop-down list, choose "Tips, Easter Eggs, Bugs"
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Who updates it at the moment, Pat?
I send GB9 an 720 bug inp for some time ago, guess he forgot it...
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Just changing the topic slightly, on the subject of 720 how the hell do you get such great scores TJT? Very impressive.
I just can't control the thing! I used to be able to finish it in the arcade but with a keyboard I suck. What do you use for a controller?
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Thank you for the praise :)

Oh, I simply use original Tron spinner hacked to "talk" with PC.
Hacking it is very easy, just use normal ps/2 mouse circuit board which has light detectors and Tron spinner disk going between them. So PC sees the spinner as a mouse x-axis...and with a fine little config prog for my pc trackball I can set acceleration of x-axis to none, mainly this is very good for spinner games...and quite ok for 720 too, not as good as original 720 controls, but playable. I think Marp number 2 listed 720 player uses Wingman warrior, a joystick out of produce which has spinner.

Now only if I wouldn't suck at Arkanoid and Tempest... :oops:
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

The TJT wrote:Thank you for the praise :)

Oh, I simply use original Tron spinner hacked to "talk" with PC.
Hacking it is very easy, just use normal ps/2 mouse circuit
that is beautiful man... i wonder if they'll ever make a hotrod (commercial) tron spinner so the ee-challenged can be as gifted.
-skito