uploading problems

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

uploading problems

Post by Phil Lamat »

For several days, I have sometimes (and more and more often) problems to upload inputs ; it is refused with the message :

There has been an error processing this script. If you believe this is in error, please mail admin@ztnet.com with the url and any other related information.

I saw Frankie's comment above his zerowing inp ; does somebody else have this type of problem ?
Frankie
Editor

Re: uploading problems

Post by Frankie »

Phil Lamat wrote:For several days, I have sometimes (and more and more often) problems to upload inputs ; it is refused with the message :

There has been an error processing this script. If you believe this is in error, please mail admin@ztnet.com with the url and any other related information.

I saw Frankie's comment above his zerowing inp ; does somebody else have this type of problem ?
Sometimes? You are lucky, some of us can't upload at all :-)

I upload from my webspace using the can't browse and upload form. That works. But it would be nice if we could get this fixed.

Bye.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Gmitra
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: uploading problems

Post by Gmitra »

Phil Lamat wrote: does somebody else have this type of problem ?
I can't upload ANYTHING for a week or maybe more
:cry:
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Sorry, I haven't see previous thread (thanks to Buttermaker for pointing it out) ; since we have changed forum and without automatic mailing, I only read 10% of posts

So it looks like I'm not the only one ; I hope that someone will be able to fix that soon ...
artz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Any updates on score uploading?

Post by artz »

I've tried to upload a file, and get the same error message everyone else is getting. From reading a different thread, you can click on the alternate form and upload the file to your webspace like this: "http://your.domain/you/file.zip".

I'm sorry, but I have to plead ignorant here. I'm not sure I know what it means to upload the file to your webspace. Will this problem be fixed anytime soon? If anyone can give me a specific instructions on how to use the alternate form, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

What you do is upload a zipped recording beforehand to some webspace you may have. Then use the alternate form to point to the zip on your webspace, the server then copies it, and uses that for the upload.

Basically, it will upload the file from your own webspace to MARP, rather than from your HD.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

If you're not sure how to upload to webspace artz, you will need to get the server address of your webspace provider which they should give to you. You then need to transfer it using an ftp program (smartftp is a good free one). After that just type in the full url to your zip file when uploading to marp, e.g http://yourwebspaceprovider.com/username/game.zip
Bit long winded but it does work while we have this uploading problem.
artz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by artz »

Barry, DRN;

Thanks for the information. I'm going to wait a few more days and hope the problem is fixed by then. If not, I'll contact my ISP for the information you stated was needed.