Leening into inside Baseball Pitches

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Should computer hit human by pitches be considered leeching?

(1) Deduct the number of leened into hit by pitches from the runs scored
8%
(2) Deduct half the leened into pitches from the runs scored
No votes
(3) Deduct only the number of leened into pitches that scored runs
No votes
(4) Leening into pitches are fine, it's a part of electronic baseball where you don't get bruised
92%

Total votes: 12

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Leening into inside Baseball Pitches

Post by Chad »

Ok this was a long time coming, it's a part of baseball to take one for the team. Anyway to get on base is a good way to get on base. But when your arms, head or legs aren't on the line it's quite a bit easier to lean in on that electronic pitch.

I think that pain should be reflected in a score deduction, but this isn't a dictatorship so here's the vote.

The reason i bring this up is in Mocha's last upload, he scored 31 runs in 5 innings with 22 leaned into pitches, and in the last four innings 2 runs were scored, and guess how many leaned into pitches: 0. When i watch baseball i want to see homeruns and great defencive plays not a mambo of people walking from first to home...

Consider a score 33-4 with 22 hit by pitches, 18 actually scored

With (1) the marp score would be 33-4-22=107
With (2) the marp score would be 33-4-11=118
With (3) the marp score would be 33-4-18=111
With (4) the marp score would be 33-4=129

NOTE: if 1,2, or 3 win, this rule would ONLY be appled to games where you CAN easily get out of the way of a pitch being thrown at you.
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Let it go, Chad. Seriously, you get too worked up over this silly issue. Breathe in, breathe out...
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

IMO, baseball sucks.
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

I vote that we find people who make their players lean into pitches and hit them once for each time they leaned into a pitch.

As far as scoring goes... if someone's doing it excessively, well, they shall be mocked as usual.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I will not be mocked. ACTING! :)

oh well, i remit. just trying to credit people who put in hard work get first place... you know... actually rewarding recordings that hit the baseball with the bat more than with their body. it'll be a *joy* for everyone to make recordings based on the computer opponent that hits batters more than throws strikes...

jeeze try to put 2 legitimate cents in and people get all over you. so sue me. no wonder there are escapers of the attitudes around here.
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Chad wrote:I will not be mocked. ACTING! :)

oh well, i remit. just trying to credit people who put in hard work get first place... you know... actually rewarding recordings that hit the baseball with the bat more than with their body. it'll be a *joy* for everyone to make recordings based on the computer opponent that hits batters more than throws strikes...

jeeze try to put 2 legitimate cents in and people get all over you. so sue me. no wonder there are escapers of the attitudes around here.
It's just a game, man... generally a more "exciting" baseball game would be one that was a close game, no?

If the AI is dumb enough to keep throwing balls at your batters, then what's to stop someone from exploiting this stupidity? Not every game suffers from this, it just seems like 2020 Super Baseball is the main offender. So just suck it up and let people get hit by pitches if they want... if you want to see "real" baseball, turn on ESPN. That's all I'm saying.