WCC2 week 2:Phozon (phozon)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Is it a kind of leeching based on the fact that you don't lose a life is "level is not cleared" ?
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Here, since I'm currently having a problem with something, I'll give the run down on scoring.

You can see that there are four colors total that come out of each of the four corners, and they always come out of the same corner. Also, you might have noticed numbers after you connected them to yourself "30x1" "30x4" and stuff like that. The way these work is by connecting the same colors. The more of the same color you connect, the more the multiplier goes up. This multiplier goes up to 30x128 after you connect 8 (I think), and it maxes out at "4000" once you connect 9. So, if you connect 9+ it will still be 4000.

Leeching. Yes, this game has indefinite leeching. It isn't hard at all the execute, and some of the later stages allow you to get plenty of points with the leeching. All's you have to do is let the counter on the bottom run out (which is how many Moleks you have left to attach to your chemic). Once that runs out, it says level not cleared, and as far as I can tell, this is infinite. Also, after it resets the level, it mixes up your moleks that you currently have on your chemic. That means, that sometimes you could have many of the same color already connected when you start the level, which allows you to get a larger multiplier more quickly.

Did I use this for 400K+? No.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Who said playing videogames is bad for you? Nice analysis Joey!
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

For each Chemic you throw away, one is added to the bottom row. Throw away the 'bonus' chemics that allow you to damage the bubbles & they will come back... more points to be had. (Sorry for the lack of game jargon, but I'm new to the game.)

I am disappointed at not seeing this 400k game though. I'd love to see my ass whooped. ;-)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Barthax wrote:I am disappointed at not seeing this 400k game though. I'd love to see my ass whooped. ;-)
Not my best, but uploaded.
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Congratulations Joey. I consider my ass whooped. :D
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Results

Post by Kale »

Week 2 is just ended