LIST: Alphamame Blocked Recordings

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

LIST: Alphamame Blocked Recordings

Post by Chad »

Here are recordings that have been manually blocked/adjusted awaiting automated blocking by the site. If you are reading this beacuse your score was changed: marp will now only allow alphamame recordings to beat other recordings score wise, due to the following 80% passing public vote.

viewtopic.php?t=10185

Your recording is still available for others to download. But because someone else put forth the effort to record in a secure mame, they deserve extra credit and will beat your regular mame upload. Please record in alphamame and your alphamame uploads will not be blocked.

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/wrx2_dim ... _win63.zip

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/dannny_g ... _win66.zip

GET alpha mame from marp with the GET MAME under a tgmame recording or from here.

viewtopic.php?t=10216
Last edited by Chad on Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Oh, I bet wrx2 is gonna bitch about this. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

good..perhaps we can find out who wrx2 really is then.

It makes no sense any person would just "randomly" use 10-15+ different versions of mame over a short period of time then when asked to use alphamame does it a couple times then reverts back to using 10-15+ versions of older nonalphamame versions.

Why would this piss a person off though if really playing all these games currently and getting the high scores for so many so easily on a daily basis almost unless something wasn't kosher about it? You just play with alphamame instead...no biggie if really playing all these games currently obviously on a PC running M$Windows cuz many different versions of winmame are being used for other uploads.

It's pretty obvious WRX2 hasn't checked the forums at all though the past 3-4 weeks since he had that 1 thread post of his own.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Actually, he was browsing through here a few hours ago. :)
- Barry Rodewald
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: LIST: Alphamame Blocked Recordings

Post by Francois Daniel »

Just for said that this one isn't blocket by the Mickey's score of 1,796,040 but by the GSH's one of 6,561,440 :)

Also, why WRX2 still had 100 points ? It seem to me the blocking rule is for the leader board points.

Francois
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

Francois Daniel wrote:Also, why WRX2 still had 100 points ? It seem to me the blocking rule is for the leader board points.
Probably for giving him a chance to post a new score with alphamame.
Piot
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

mahlemiut wrote: Oh, I bet wrx2 is gonna bitch about this. :)
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/wrx2_gal ... _win63.zip

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/wrx2_mma ... mame65.zip

And these...mmatrixj's AlphaMAME inp is in last place though...dunno if that matters or not.
「シューティング ラブ。」
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

Francois Daniel wrote:Just for said that this one isn't blocket by the Mickey's score of 1,796,040 but by the GSH's one of 6,561,440 :)
No ! His score has been posted after 3-3-3 so it is blocked by all scores made with Alphamame. (Am I right ?)
Piot
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

yeah, his matrix scores are awesome but they will have to be rerecorded, as well, he's made several 200billion recordings (some of them before 3-3-3) but i think he can rerecord pretty easily. Oh i can't wait till the automated blocker is working (then we'll only have to deal with people uploading regular mame recs and passing them off as alphamame versions ...)
-skito
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

piot wrote:
Francois Daniel wrote:Just for said that this one isn't blocket by the Mickey's score of 1,796,040 but by the GSH's one of 6,561,440 :)
No ! His score has been posted after 3-3-3 so it is blocked by all scores made with Alphamame. (Am I right ?)
You're right. :)

Francois
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Chad wrote:then we'll only have to deal with people uploading regular mame recs and passing them off as alphamame versions ...)
I don't see how that couold be a problem. Alphamame would know the difference between an encrypted inp file and one not encrypted I hope...where it would report whether the selected inp file for playback was encrypted or not.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

well it's not a problem in that it can be detected, the editors still have to deal with it if detected. The site is not going to determe if alphamame uploads are truly alphamamers. Which is why i think we might have the blocking happen AFTER confirmation of alphamame recordings instead of just when they are uploaded.
-skito
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

yes, I can definitely see where you can't have the site autocheck to see if inp is encrypted or not....although you likely could even check that if you really wanted it...although I'm not familiar with alphamame inp structure..would need to look at one of the inps briefly I'm guessing something even in the header info could indicate if alphamame inp or not.
This can be done without compromising anything cuz you really just check to see if a normal inp file...if normal then it isn't alphamame inp. :P

That would at least prevent people from accidentally submitting the wrong inp with their alphamame submission.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

There's a nice capital 'A' in the header to tell you that it's an alphamame inp, along with which version. While the header can be easily changed in a hex editor, the important data after that header can not. Obviously, AlphaMAME cannot run MAME inps, and MAME cannot run AlphaMAME inps.
- Barry Rodewald