Outrunners scoring?

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Outrunners scoring?

Post by zlk »

Has anyone decided upon a scoring system for this game? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to score it?
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: Outrunners scoring?

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=5
zlk wrote:Has anyone decided upon a scoring system for this game? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to score it?
NOT FINISHED=DQ.
finished=(3'40"-time)x(const.)
is reasonable.

unfinished recording should not submit. it is out of spirit of "OUTRUN".
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Ok I took Hisa's suggestion and scored my inp (3'40"00 - time to complete)x1000.

Hurry up Hisa and submit some inps for outrunners :lol: I would like to see what is possible with this game.
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Outrunners scoring?

Post by piot »

Novice wrote:DEFCON=5
I thought you stopped with your defcon system :(
unfinished recording should not submit. it is out of spirit of "OUTRUN".
8O
I really expect you're kidding cause it's a non-sense to DQ those who can not reach the end of the game.

About "spirit of OUTRUN"... :evil:
Piot
Novice

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=5
zlk wrote:Ok I took Hisa's suggestion and scored my inp (3'40"00 - time to complete)x1000.

Hurry up Hisa and submit some inps for outrunners :lol: I would like to see what is possible with this game.
Not want to show that type of trick as long as 3 fuckers staying in MARP.
maybe forever never upload it.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
QRS
Editor

Re

Post by QRS »

I think Hisas scoring system is the best way of doing it. If you are playing it a few times (and you often do that before you upload right?) it is not that hard to finish the game. Getting a good score is harder though :)

I have finished it twice with a negative score btw hehe. Well, if you do that just try again until you have a positive score. That is my sollution to that problem :)

I did not like the game when i first tried it, but after a while it was really fun!

Now if they could only emulate Turbo Outrun too....
QRS
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Hisa, please submit some inps to marp for this game. If you decide not to, could you please e-mail me some? :D My e-mail address is on the MARP page. QRS and I would like to see some good outrunners demos.

Thanks.
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

Novice wrote:Not want to show that type of trick as long as 3 fuckers staying in MARP.
So we're going to start this all over again, eh?
And what about when Turbo Outrun is added to MAME? Same shit?
「シューティング ラブ。」
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Novice wrote:DEFCON=5
zlk wrote:Ok I took Hisa's suggestion and scored my inp (3'40"00 - time to complete)x1000.

Not want to show that type of trick as long as 3 fuckers staying in MARP.
Hey man, when you're grow up ?

If you insult me or Rick or Tommi one more time, I'll seriously make an demand for bannish you from marp. ok ?

We never insult you, but you insult us. So I wait an excuse from you right now.

I'm clear ?

Francois
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Francois Daniel wrote:If you insult me or Rick or Tommi one more time, I'll seriously make an demand for bannish you from marp. ok ?
I second that and say we don't need to wait for another time. He has been warned and been asked nicely to stop many times the past couple of months.

Francois, you said you were gone for a month. Hisa insulted us at least 6+ times during that month.

It's obvious he can't stop making trouble so I think MARP should already be considering banning him.

MARP is supposed to be about having fun and playing games by the same rules others are playing them by for the same game....and most of all showing respect for all other gamers. Hisa takes all of this way too seriously and doesn't respect MARP at all given he shows such outward disrespect toward a few specific members including myself and abuses MARP policies. He has violated policy #1 of MARP so much he has definitely qualified to be banned.

The few months Hisa wasn't active at MARP last fall MARP was very peaceful and fun.

I wonder if someone else could translate the Japanese used in some of his descriptions. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if that was further attack on a few members with him laughing about it knowing we have no clue what he wrote. I'm sure he is smearing us and MARP at other forums also for just wanting some basic rules added for certain games so there is still good competition for the game.

Real gamers don't behave the way Hisa does.

That's all I have to say about it. I just know MARP used to be fun for me. Since Hisa's unending attacks and insults, it isn't fun for me anymore.
Novice

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=3
LN2 wrote:
Francois Daniel wrote:If you insult me or Rick or Tommi one more time, I'll seriously make an demand for bannish you from marp. ok ?
I second that and say we don't need to wait for another time. He has been warned and been asked nicely to stop many times the past couple of months.

Francois, you said you were gone for a month. Hisa insulted us at least 6+ times during that month.

It's obvious he can't stop making trouble so I think MARP should already be considering banning him.

MARP is supposed to be about having fun and playing games by the same rules others are playing them by for the same game....and most of all showing respect for all other gamers. Hisa takes all of this way too seriously and doesn't respect MARP at all given he shows such outward disrespect toward a few specific members including myself and abuses MARP policies. He has violated policy #1 of MARP so much he has definitely qualified to be banned.

The few months Hisa wasn't active at MARP last fall MARP was very peaceful and fun.

I wonder if someone else could translate the Japanese used in some of his descriptions. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if that was further attack on a few members with him laughing about it knowing we have no clue what he wrote. I'm sure he is smearing us and MARP at other forums also for just wanting some basic rules added for certain games so there is still good competition for the game.

Real gamers don't behave the way Hisa does.

That's all I have to say about it. I just know MARP used to be fun for me. Since Hisa's unending attacks and insults, it isn't fun for me anymore.
It is his usual expedient.
By his commits what and without thinking high at all ,
try to remove The person whom who does not like him.

by the way when does marp belong to LN2??
Why not boot LN2 here instead??
I think very few people care.
most of us never download his play for several reason.
1 not worth to see
2 not works
3 not interesting

my play are a little more interesting than his ones I think.
even if score is lower.
so many people will care if I leave here.

such suggestion should be done by no-damaging side.
or proposed side. I do not want to boot him, but his wishing is away from me.
then boot LN2. bye bye :lol: :lol:

I never behave as a fucker from first.
At first, I account for tecnique and history accurately as possible (to the level no other marper can not)
If someone felt me as a fucker, then someone is.
(maybe he insult the trick what he can not carry out, and ignore the request by his biased worthless opinion. and screm such worthless opinion after all)

accurate knowledge and biased opinion is not equal.
I know his side do not have the ability to discuss. so I asked "never prove your stupid ness" or "open your mouth after obsess enough something"
but he ignore it.
in fact, gaiapolis case, he proved his ignorance and stupidness oncemore.
I was tired.

I never blame their stupidness and ignorance any more.
so simply want never download my play.
I also never download these 3 mens.( I know it teach me nothing)

But I never forgive his rudeness.
I have never seen his apology.
unless apologize a victim never forgive assailant.It is natural.
my attack(seemed) and his attack is essentialy different thing.
because he can not prove anythi......
tired. understand by himself. I wrote so many times.

6+ insults???
"ban 3 men "is just a opinion.
he had better understand what is insult and what is opinion.
please never prove his stu....ANY MORE!!!
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:DEFCON=3
my play are a little more interesting than his ones I think.
even if score is lower.
so many people will care if I leave here.
Actually I think more would be happy cuz MARP would be peaceful again.
At least these forums would be peaceful.

As BBH told you recently, stop attacking others then acting like you are the victim. You need to click the "RULES" link above and read rule #1 very carefully. You obviously have no respect for MARP at all with all of the recent violations of rule #1 you have done.
At first, I account for tecnique and history accurately as possible (to the level no other marper can not)
so what if you do for that particular game? It doesn't give you an excuse to disrespect others and constantly put them down by insulting them. Plus you are very presumptuous of what others do or do not know. I know there are other games where I likely have a lot more history and knowledge of the game than you do. I don't go rubbing it in your face and calling you stupid and ignorant just because you don't know it also.
in fact, gaiapolis case, he proved his ignorance and stupidness oncemore.
I was tired.
wtf? I didn't say anything about the game except some "secret" continue trick shouldn't be allowed because all games are to be started normally and not benefit from any previously played game. You using some continue password to get a huge starting score bonus just takes away all of the game for playing. Oh yeah, waiting for 30 minutes to pop a credit at just the right time then entering a passcode is "skill". gimmea break.

You even agreed saying this continue should be banned and is banned elsewhere so why above are you again turning crap around just to insult me once again calling me stupid and ignorant?
But I never forgive his rudeness.
I have never seen his apology.
Excuse me, but of the numerous times you have attacked and insulted me I only replied doing similar to you once where I called you an "asshole". First most already thought you were. Secondly, after posting that I did apologize to MARP as a whole for saying that. That is the only time I have really been "rude" to you. The rest of the time I am trying my hardest to be civil and respectful to you..despite your flagrant display of disrespect toward me.

It was a 1 time thing. I'm not making new posts daily insulting you time after time like you have for the past 2-3 months now. I have not called you any insulting names since that post that was already about 2-3 months ago. I don't go referring to you in game descriptions just to smear your name among the MARP community.
6+ insults???
"ban 3 men "is just a opinion.
he had better understand what is insult and what is opinion.
please never prove his stu....ANY MORE!!!
I see, so "Not want to show that type of trick as long as 3 fuckers staying in MARP. " which you just posted today isn't an insult but just an opinion ehh? You have said similar at least 2-3 other times recently...then insulted us in different ways the past 2-3 months.

You calling me stupid and ignorant above isn't an insult ehh?

Geesh, everyone here sees the truth but you. I'm tired of defending myself. Almost all of my posts toward you are just my defending myself and asking you many times even politely on most occasions to please stop...get past it...move on. If you don't like me that's 100% fine by me. If you have a different opinion that's 100% fine also. However, you should have respect for other gamers having a different opinion. The 3 of us you hate so much to attack and insult constantly aren't all that banned this or that trick or technique. There were 15-20+ for a few special rules here and there. Are you going to go attacking all 15-20+ members like you have us 3?

Instead you constantly belittle others and tell others to not listen to anything I say etc. uuuh, let THEM make up their minds if my opinions on things are jibberish or have some substance to it. It's not for you to decide. If they don't agree with me and vote the other way that's 100% fine by me.

All you have done Hisa is make it where I don't even have to concern myself with any issues involving your cheap tricks in games anymore...cuz many many others know you will submit anything so they will closely be watching all of your inps and alert for suspicion and have polls to ban the technique etc.

You are not a gamer in my opinion because a real gamer has respect toward all other gamers and realizes with common sense the integrity of rules within a game versus cheap tricks as bugs that allow you to do things. Well, I take that back...you perhaps are a gamer but you display some of the worst sportsmanship and gamesmanship I have ever seen. That's what makes a gamer a great gamer....not their particular scores and knowledge of hidden secret tricks.

If you are such a superior gamer as you certainly think you are Mr. High and Mighty then prove it with scores based on skill...instead of uploading inps that are just tricks. The past couple you even knew and said yourself this was banned elsewhere and should be banned at MARP before even uploading it...so why all the BS Hisa?
Novice

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=1
LN2 wrote: Actually I think more would be happy cuz MARP would be peaceful again.
At least these forums would be peaceful.
Peaceful ??
you had better think WHO MAKES THE WAR.

I just defend my play and stance from biased ignorance guys.
not more than.

Why not you leave here instead??
MARP must be peaceful again. without lose nothing worthy matter.

you did not apologize yet. of course never forgive.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I can dig back through the BBS posts and find where I did apologize if needed. I know I won't find that from you though. You are "above" it just like you consider yourself superior and "above" just about everything and everyone here.

BTW, why is it you can demand apologies but feel you don't need to give out any yourself?

Read the replies of other players in other threads on this issue. If you read them you will see the truth. You will see who the "attacker" is and who is making the war.