Super World Court

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Luja
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Super World Court

Post by Luja »

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0

I can´t playback no of the inps.

Another thing: what's the scoring system?

In the scoring page, the following appears:

Tennis games:

1. With a limit of time
Score is 100 x (nb matchs won) + 10 x (total game difference) + (point difference in last game)
Ex 1 (passsht) : 6/0 * * 1/2 30-15 = 100x3 + 10x(6+6+6-1) + 1 = 471 [NOTE : in this game, if you win the 1st match 6/0, you will skip 2nd & 3rd match which are also counted as wins by 6/0]
Ex 2 (swcourt) : 6/4 6/4 5/6 15-40 = 100x2 + 10x(2+2-1) + (-2) = 228 [NOTE : each set starts at 4/4]

But this isn´t the scoring used in the game (the score is Phil Lamat's proposed one). I think that this needs a special rule for the scoring, because you can play 1 set or 3 in each game (like super slams)

Thx
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

this was early in phil's school of tenis scoring, he'll proly reconsider changing this one to the newer method. Otherwise all recordings playback ok with a default nvram (we made the decision to disallowed nvram requiring recordings if recorded after 9-15-2001) so these all are still "ok" but you will need to recreate your nvram directory and swcourt.nv file to play these back.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

My scoring page has not been updated since a long time ago as "special rules" link is now better ; that explains why there is a different scoring there.

Let me a little time, I've to play it again (my score sucks anyway and I don't remember how the game is)
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Question: does mine work or not?With or without nvram?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Ok ... I've studied it tonight ;
swcourt is the jap version of sslam (I am very surprised this is not classified as clone in mame) [plus a working version : sslam crashes after 1 match]

So we have to use the same scoring for both ;
and the best to avoid a lot of 30 tie scores is this one :
100xwin + 10x(games diff) + points diff
(points diff is displayed at the end of each match)

I hope everybody will be ok ; if not, feel free to edit my score with old scoring ; if yes, thanks to any editor to watch other inputs and edit them with proper scores, it should break those ties
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Phil Lamat wrote:Ok ... I've studied it tonight ;
swcourt is the jap version of sslam (I am very surprised this is not classified as clone in mame) [plus a working version : sslam crashes after 1 match]
Not it's not a clone of Super World Court but a game which barely copied things from it.It runs on completely different hardwares...