naughtya, naughtyb, naughtyc *instant disqualifications*

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

naughtya, naughtyb, naughtyc *instant disqualifications*

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

both of tar's .inps and all of sampras's use the infinite leeching trick in Naughty Boy, which has been banned twice in two separate votes at MARP.

there is a special rules link right next to the game. c'mon now...

beyond this, i might note that all of Sampras' .inps have been *confirmed* and that some have even been *edited* to display the correct score.

*=irony.

maybe we can do something to fix this?
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
Frankie
Editor

Re: naughtya, naughtyb, naughtyc *instant disqualifications*

Post by Frankie »

Q.T.Quazar wrote:beyond this, i might note that all of Sampras' .inps have been *confirmed* and that some have even been *edited* to display the correct score.

*=irony.
If you take a closer look, you might see that all Sampras' recordings was submitted and probably confirmed way before the Special Rules was set up :)

I'll zero the scores.

Link to Poll:

viewtopic.php?t=10246
Frankie
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

true, but the original vote passed once in the first years of MARP, and then again several years later. it was also displayed as a bnned technique on Angry's rulepage, if I recall.

so this shouldn't be news to anyone...

btw, probably worth a look at the top 3 scores on naughtyb to see if they were ever checked...
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

All five scores zeroed. Sampras's new topscore in 'naughtyb' seems to be okay.
Frankie
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

nice to see those finally zeroed.

I can try and play the game myself now. :P
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

As a confirmer, my suggestion is to give evidence of the name/nick of who has confirmed a score....
Is it a pain in the a** implementing such modification in the site code ?!

Just my 0.02 € .... :lol:
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Cicca wrote:As a confirmer, my suggestion is to give evidence of the name/nick of who has confirmed a score....
Is it a pain in the a** implementing such modification in the site code ?!

Just my 0.02 € .... :lol:
http://marp.retrogames.com/confirm.htm
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I think he means have some link you can click with the score listing to see who confirmed the score....versus having to go searching through a gigantic confirm log file(s).
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Maybe he means that, maybe he doesn't. We'll find out sooner or later I guess.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Buttermaker wrote:Maybe he means that, maybe he doesn't. We'll find out sooner or later I guess.
I think Cicca has been arround long enough to know where the ordinary confirm logs are.
QRS
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

These inps are going into the marp void. Is anything being done about having an unlimited section of marp? Once a special rule is made for a game, it might be useful to put the zero'd inps in an area where people can see why the special rule was necessary in the first place.

I for one like watching such inps. If a player is clever enough to find a bug in a game that lets them score a lot of points in a game, I find that interesting. These inps deserve a place at marp somewhere.

In the game foodfight, no one (and I have asked many people) can tell me how to do the trick to get 255 men. It is banned at marp. At one time someone associated with marp knew how to do the trick. It would have been nice to see how this was done in an inp.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Well, they are not lost. You can still download them by clicking the Previous score ...... zeroed because..... link.
Frankie
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

I think Cicca has been arround long enough to know where the ordinary confirm logs are.
Maybe he knows, maybe he doesn't. I'm sure he'll let us know.
Is anything being done about having an unlimited section of marp?
no
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

inifinite tricks and such go to the tips&tricks page, so yes, there is a place.

the player just usually requests that it be put on there.

we used to have a plan to make a recording showing the banned trick, which was linked to either lagavulin or phil lamat's special rules/banned tricks page. but it was decided that, with the changes from version to version, this would have to be updated too often anyway, and was annoying because some tricks don't happen until much later in a game anyway.
--------------
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

we used to have a plan to make a recording showing the banned trick, which was linked to either lagavulin or phil lamat's special rules/banned tricks page.
my bad, i wrote the original version of that page. i could have sworn some of the pictures used to link, but i guess that was changed.
--------------