teign audit

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

teign audit

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

i haven't tested these but i will zereo them because there are so few (2) mac confirmers and thus a "higher" percentage of the mac confirmers (2 out of 2) can't play them back over the (3 strikes out of 100s) 3 vs. the rest of marp rule. Teign, i encourage you to get in contact with these guys if there are funky settings you used that will make these play back these are nice high scores.
-skito
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

thanks, Chad. i was in contact via e-mail with teign over a month ago, and informed him that there were problems with these .inps, so he is aware.

i couldn't get his other two unconfirmed scores to play back either, but to my knowledge, Rick has not checked them (tac/scan, super glob)
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

They don't need to be deleted...but just corrected to the scores I pointed out they playback to. A couple of them playback to a decent score and are still worthy of those points.

I had e-mailed teign about this a month ago and he said he is busy with other stuff now and didn't mind whatever was done to those.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Q.T.Quazar wrote:i couldn't get his other two unconfirmed scores to play back either, but to my knowledge, Rick has not checked them (tac/scan, super glob)
No..I had tried to confirm these and asked in this forum to have those zeroed out eons ago.

Those posts were overlooked I guess. I had e-mailed teign about those specifically and he said at that time he couldn't evne get them to playback either so go ahead and delete/zero those.

Why is it Q.T. posts stuff like this and it gets immediate attention while my posts here are overlooked?!?

I had posted about the above stuff at

viewtopic.php?t=10743

I list the scores each of the above play back to.

then a week or so later posted a reminder just to get it at the top of the thread list again....yet still was overlooked. oh well.

While I have some editor's attention...can we get the "piranha" romset thing taken care of also? I posted about that in the regulation forum a month or so ago.

In short starting with 0.68 the rom set "piranha" was renamed to "piranhah" and a complete rom set for piranha was added to mame and named "piranha"....

so all scores for "piranha" and 'piranha-fast" using 0.67 or older need to be moved to "piranhah" and "piranhah-fast".

...then for "piranha" special rule added saying at least version 0.68 must be used for this game.

I had run an audit on the rom sets and it's definitely apparent that the "piranhah" rom set is identical to the "piranha" rom set used in 0.67 and earlier.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

finaly got around to zeroing the bullfgt recording, but qt your bullfgtj rec still doesn't playback with win98, 32 or dos. anyone else care to try?

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/1/b/7/qc ... _m37b7.zip
http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0
-skito
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

um...you didn't actually delete his bullfgt recording--it's still there. not sure what you did delete. the recording you listed for me (bullfgtj) does not look like it is going to play back, which is a bit of a piss off because there was a small ROM change and i'm wondering if that's what is throwing it.

anyway, i can rerecord. i double-checked my bullfgt .inp, and it, on the other hand, plays back perfectly (i remember having to remove the previous one because IT failed to playback)
--------------