WCC3 week 3 : ULTRA BALLOON (uballoon)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Do you think that I make 4,2 mln with date 05/09 Phil?
He doesn't think that you made it on 05/09. He simply doesn't know when you made it.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Ok. But rule 24h must be changed. It have no sense. Each can set date in computer.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Each can set date in computer.
Correct, but not everybody is a cheater.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

B: u always check date at your pc?? everyday? or u trust your system??
we are not cheaters - why should be?? there is no money involved - just fun
and by 1 stupid rule the huge score is down - CRAP :(
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

wuzel wrote:B: u always check date at your pc?? everyday?
No, but I would if I wanted to compete in a MARP tournament.
we are not cheaters
Nobody says that you cheated but look at it from Phil's perspective: If he didn't enforce the rule it would be useless.
and by 1 stupid rule the huge score is down - CRAP :(
The rule is not stupid. It puts much more fun in the competition. If the rule wasn't there and everybody upped their recordings 5 minutes before the end of each week it would be pretty boring during the week.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

If you win money give me one dollar :)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

LordGaz wrote: Did anyone see the athletics this year with the new false start rule? There was a false start in one of the sprint races and according to the new rules anyone who does a false start the 2nd time is disqualified even if they were not responsible for the first one. Some poor guy false started or flinched on the blocks causing a 2nd false start, he was disqualified even though he did not cause the 1st one. He was furious and layed on the track in protest for nearly an hour, in the end he had to accept it but the race was called off.
I was in the stadium ;
these new false start rule is maybe almost stupid than 24h rule, but we need rules, and after they need to be applied, even for Drummond or anyone else ;
destructor wrote:Stupid choice.
Stupid rule 24 h. In this situation each can change date in system and play with end date. Do you think that I make 4,2 mln with date 05/09 Phil?

I play for fun and win not for gold and money.
If you play for fun, why wait the last moment to upload ?
why share technics instead of hide them ?

stupid 24h rule was first made to avoid behaviour like yours (1 upload at last moment) ;
it can be cheated but for the moment we haven't better

Why playing simply like other players : upload each time you improve your hiscore ?
This is the spirit of WCC ... no rules can really define it I know
wuzel wrote:sorry 4 us this tourmanemt with out us (players who compete in each round will be boring
GLORY 4 the polish team :)
You're not out of WCC, and not even out of week 3 : why don't you do what I ask you ?
1-edit your score and change shortname to "deleted" ; your previous inp will appear and I will be able to check both date and score
2-reupload the actual score after that (when I'll finish)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Phil Lamat wrote: If you play for fun, why wait the last moment to upload ?
I play for for fun and win.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Phil Lamat wrote:
LordGaz wrote: Did anyone see the athletics this year with the new false start rule? There was a false start in one of the sprint races and according to the new rules anyone who does a false start the 2nd time is disqualified even if they were not responsible for the first one. Some poor guy false started or flinched on the blocks causing a 2nd false start, he was disqualified even though he did not cause the 1st one. He was furious and layed on the track in protest for nearly an hour, in the end he had to accept it but the race was called off.
I was in the stadium ;
these new false start rule is maybe almost stupid than 24h rule, but we need rules, and after they need to be applied, even for Drummond or anyone else ;
destructor wrote:Stupid choice.
Stupid rule 24 h. In this situation each can change date in system and play with end date. Do you think that I make 4,2 mln with date 05/09 Phil?

I play for fun and win not for gold and money.
If you play for fun, why wait the last moment to upload ?

stupid 24h rule was first made to avoid behaviour like yours (1 upload at last moment) ;
it can be cheated but for the moment we haven't better

Why playing simply like other players : upload each time you improve your hiscore ?
This is the spirit of WCC ... no rules can really define it I know
wuzel wrote:sorry 4 us this tourmanemt with out us (players who compete in each round will be boring
GLORY 4 the polish team :)
You're not out of WCC, and not even out of week 3 : why don't you do what I ask you ?
1-edit your score and change shortname to "deleted" ; your previous inp will appear and I will be able to check both date and score
2-reupload the actual score after that (when I'll finish)
why should i do that?? my previous score is far beyond expectation
800k. why reupload the bad score??? with incorect date??? wh why why?? i dont understand :(
the uploading just when u score sth is also stupid
2 hide techiques i can easily upload an inp with out it just to submit it :(
the whole situation is our fault but :(
there must be some chaos when polish players are around (told u des 2 much alcohol :) )
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

you lot only made ONE good recording each?? Am i missing something :/
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

wuzel wrote: why should i do that?? my previous score is far beyond expectation
800k.
ah ok ...
I thought you've a 2 million or something behind your actual 3.2M ; confusion with another player probably
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

gee, perhaps you should have submitted a recording earlier just to make sure you had something there, instead of waiting til the last minute.

I mean come on Destructor, you're an amazing player and everything. But being so paranoid about hiding the 80k point trick? (which people figured out on their own anyway) The best player should be able to win even if the "tricks" are made common knowledge.

Imagine what would have happened in T6 if I never posted the link to Alan Kwan's Psychic 5 page? Exactly. This is all in good fun, and the competition is more fun when you see people continually improve your scores in the battle for 1st. It's not fun to just have people submit one recording in the last couple hours.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Maybe you are right BBH.
But I want get first place in round 3. I played each 6 days from hour 11 morning to 2 at night (morning next day :) ) = 13 hours, last day I play only 10 hours. Now I have 0 points.
I don't know hour and day check my inp by Phil. If this time was about 2 hours before end of round I have chance to make score to 1st with correct date(for me no problem make 3,5 - 4 mln in 2 hour) . But I don't check MARP scores after submit my score, I go sleep after hard week. I record more inps with score over 4 millions (this submited is highest), but all with wrong date, because I record inps in 2 last days (thursday and friday) on this computer with wrong date(early I don't record inps, I only train (on my old computer) because I get computer at wednesday from service).
Rule 24 broken. OK. But broken only in inp note because I know that I and asn and wuzel record inps at friday 12 september.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

BBH wrote:But being so paranoid about hiding the 80k point trick? (which people figured out on their own anyway)
who figured out the 80k bonus?? show me bbh
we figured it out on the next day of round 3 and we only during the week were improving it
post it at second day (saturday or sunday) with a score about 1,6 at half of story 2 and while (speaking about myslef) being very short with time the other days and U ( I) dead :(
everyone can mad a better score using this technique - lets say that desangre had 1,3 mln after the first boss and then his score is about 3.2 - and it biiger then mine.
thats mine point
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Ok guys.. stop the whining, and just ACCEPT Phils decision. He is the boss, and he set the rules. Sometimes things seems unfair, but HE is the man that decide things. Like it or not.
Last edited by QRS on Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QRS