Message for WRX2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Message for WRX2

Post by Weehawk »

Greetings Kang-kyu and Sang-ho.

Thank you for finally responding to all the confusion over your membership.

Since you addressed me in your upload description, I will respond personally and publicly.

I, for one, hope that you will not delete your recordings from MARP. They are a valuable addition to the collection that this site provides for the MAME-playing world.

But, you cannot both participate under the same account. It is against the rules, and provides an unfair advantage in the leaderboard standings.

You will have to separate your submissions into two accounts: one for Kang-kyu and one for Sang-ho. Of course it will be less work if one of you keeps the "WRX2" name, but that is up to you. (Assuming the MARP leadership allows this).

If you keep the line of communication open and abide by the rules, I'm sure most MARPers will welcome you with open arms.

The performance that you have displayed is truly remarkable, even for two people.

Please stay with us.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Agreed :)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

yep...that's about all I have ever asked from wrx2.

Not just cuz it's a MARP rule, but also so when we see a score or a new upload from wrx2 we know which of the 2 of you achieved that score.

Another way to handle it even staying as 1 account could be where for each game you have submitted, in the description you have the name of which one of you 2 guys got that score.

Then in the user preferences for your wrx2 account, click the checkbox to not include yourself in the MARP leaderboard.

The leaderboard is for individuals. To have a team listed among the individuals, even a team of only 2 people, isn't fair to others who get some extra level of fun from MARP by the leaderboard competition.

That way, you can just edit the description for each score you have...don't have to delete anything or repost anything in a new account.

Just continue to be merged as wrx2 but no leaderboard listing and show player name in the description.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

I fully agree too Johns post. Follow his advice, and there is no need to delete anything.
QRS
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: Message for WRX2

Post by Novice »

Hello TeamKorea.
If you want to try ultimate score, then visit Japanese replay site ab2.

Japanese and Korean has 97%+ of world records as you know!
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

>Japanese and Korean has 97%+ of world records as you know!

Oh, please !!! They have world records in game that we don't care.
USA and all other countries go for Leadership board.
If they play for single game they can easy destroyer much of Japanese and korean records.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

DaviL wrote:>Japanese and Korean has 97%+ of world records as you know!

Oh, please !!! They have world records in game that we don't care.
USA and all other countries go for Leadership board.
If they play for single game they can easy destroyer much of Japanese and korean records.
I don´t wanna boost Novice too much here, but I think you are wrong Davil. The Japanese/Korean guys are amazing players, and I don´t think that the rest of the world can beat them easilly just because they change from "leadership" to "single game" approach. Who says the rest of the world goes for leadership points btw? Maybe you do , but I don´t :)

On the other hand... 97+% of the world records does not belong to the Jap/Korean players. I don´t think anyone knows the exact %, but it is not that high that´s for sure. At least not if you count all arcades games from the 197x-2003. If you count shooters only I guess it is 100% :)
QRS
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Japan and Korean players are excellent players but as for % of top scores here's a sampling of the world records among tg listed games of #1 scores. 181 have country listings, 7 of which are unknown, and US has half (50%) of the top scores, korea = 0.5% Japan = 1%. Not saying tg is the most acurate source but it's certainly a source.

http://cubeman.vg-network.com/mame.txt

1 Argentina
4 Australia
2 Belgium
2 Brazil
24 Canada
1 Denmark
9 Wales/England/United Kingdom
8 Finland
1 France
6 Ireland
5 Italy
2 Japan
1 Mexico
1 Netherlands
4 New Zealand
6 Norway
1 Portugal
2 Serbia
1 South Korea
6 Sweden
94 US/USA
7 Unknown.
-skito
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Chad wrote:Japan and Korean players are excellent players but as for % of top scores here's a sampling of the world records among tg listed games of #1 scores. 181 have country listings, 7 of which are unknown, and US has half (50%) of the top scores, korea = 0.5% Japan = 1%. Not saying tg is the most acurate source but it's certainly a source.

http://cubeman.vg-network.com/mame.txt

1 Argentina
4 Australia
2 Belgium
2 Brazil
24 Canada
1 Denmark
9 Wales/England/United Kingdom
8 Finland
1 France
6 Ireland
5 Italy
2 Japan
1 Mexico
1 Netherlands
4 New Zealand
6 Norway
1 Portugal
2 Serbia
1 South Korea
6 Sweden
94 US/USA
7 Unknown.
Meh, you can't really look just at that source, much like you can't just look at Gamest/Arcadia records, because due to language barriers it is obvious that there would be fewer submissions by foreign speakers.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Like I said earlier, you can´t say how many % that are Japansese, Americans etc. The japanese players goes by their own leige and don´t really care about TG, and TG only aknowledges scores that they can verify.

Another thing is that TG is places in America, hence the reason for the huge part of Americans that have scores submited. Gamest/arcadia etc is a japanese thing so most of them are Asians.

So a TG list says nothing, and an Gamest list don´t tell much either. At least not in %. I judge from the players I see on the net, on MARP on TG etc, etc. Hence my above post.
QRS
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Novice wrote:Hello TeamKorea.

Well hell, this thread has been hijacked.

Oh well, wasn't much meant to be a thread anyway.

Two questions:

1) How do the Japanese best stack up on the important titles like Pac-Man, Centipede, Defender, Donkey Kong, Tempest, Joust, Dig Dug, etc..

I really don't give a crap who holds the record at fighting games or DonPachi/Batrider/19xx which are all the same game with different scenery as far as I'm concerned.

2) What is this ab2 site he's talking about?
John Cunningham (JTC)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Weehawk wrote:
Novice wrote:Hello TeamKorea.

Well hell, this thread has been hijacked.

Oh well, wasn't much meant to be a thread anyway.

Two questions:

1) How do the Japanese best stack up on the important titles like Pac-Man, Centipede, Defender, Donkey Kong, Tempest, Joust, Dig Dug, etc..

I really don't give a crap who holds the record at fighting games or DonPachi/Batrider/19xx which are all the same game with different scenery as far as I'm concerned.

2) What is this ab2 site he's talking about?
1. Maybe Hisa could help us out on that. I'm sure Dig Dug scores would be high...

-You- don't give a crap. That's you, while others may. You seem to be ignorant, as if the scores for Pac-Man, Centipede and such take more skill or are more important than these games that are "all the same". I'm not saying either are more important, as that is all a matter of perspective, but all records are certainly important in some way. You seem to make them out as nothing and not important whatsoever. Change your attitude maybe.

2. It's the afterburners site with scores from him and a few buddies of his.
Edit - The URL: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milano-Aoyama/1133/ab2/
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Weehawk wrote:
Two questions:

I couldn't agree more.
These are the games that everyone played back then. They are the originals. And ah, so good.

Yes, later games should be appreciated too, but too many and same same...
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Joey wrote:-You- don't give a crap. That's you
No shit Sherlock...what was your first clue, my sig?
Joey wrote:while others may
I'm sure some do...I am not speaking for them, only myself.
Joey wrote:You seem to be ignorant
To you, perhaps I do. Perhaps you seem to be a complete moron to me, and I'm just too polite to go posting it on the forum.
Joey wrote:as if the scores for Pac-Man, Centipede and such take more skill
Perhaps they do, but that wasn't my point.
You seem to make them out as nothing and not important whatsoever
To me they are not. Try to remember - I was the one asking the question.
Change your attitude maybe
Why?
It's the afterburners site with scores from him and a few buddies of his.
Edit - The URL: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milano-Aoyama/1133/ab2/
Thanks, I'll check it out.
John Cunningham (JTC)
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

I disagree. For me all games are important, and I don´t really care if it is Donkey kong or Cameltry we are talking about. Just my personal opinion, and I will of course respect other opinions.
QRS