omegrace

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

omegrace

Post by destructor »

Hm. Look inp LordGaz's omegrace with score 233150.
I and wuzel know this method early and don't record inps to K3 uses this method because we think that it's leeching. And still I think that it's leeching.
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: Omega Race Leeching

Post by LordGaz »

You're absolutely right destructor :), it is leeching but with some degree of risk (see MARP rule f). Really I uploaded this inp as a sample replay as it were and I have no problem with it being deleted or deleting it myself.

Actually my final inp for k3-rd3 used this method but my previous score which would have qualified me anyway did not so I think I'm safe there.

By the way I like your method of going into the corner 8O, I tried it myself but I kept bouncing away and it's hard to stay there. IMO it's a perfectly legitimate technique.

Cheers, Gaz.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

:wink:
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I agree...that leeching technique has always been accepted by USA scoreboards like Twin Galaxies.

It's legitimate cuz there is some risk involved as noted above plus it's not like you can do it forever. You only can leech a few k the first few stages.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

hm....looking at fastlane situation this leeching shouldnt be allowed if the first stage leeching at fastlane is not.

need 2 think about it
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

Inp deleted. Gaz.
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

What!
LordGaz, Why?
That was a great game.
Reinstate or do-over.
Don't let wuzel influence you.
Score is great addition to database.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

wuzel wrote:hm....looking at fastlane situation this leeching shouldnt be allowed if the first stage leeching at fastlane is not.
MARP scripts not working, I can't doublecheck for special rules, but I don't think any techniques were banned for Fastlane.

It was decided for WCC3 to rank the contestants by level reached, then score, but no techniques were banned there either, correct?
LordGaz wrote:Inp deleted. Gaz.
Gotta go along with tar on this one. Please don't delete the best score on MARP because one lone person questions it.
John Cunningham (JTC)
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

Inp resubmittted. Gaz.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Weehawk wrote:
wuzel wrote:hm....looking at fastlane situation this leeching shouldnt be allowed if the first stage leeching at fastlane is not.
MARP scripts not working, I can't doublecheck for special rules, but I don't think any techniques were banned for Fastlane.

It was decided for WCC3 to rank the contestants by level reached, then score, but no techniques were banned there either, correct?
LordGaz wrote:Inp deleted. Gaz.
Gotta go along with tar on this one. Please don't delete the best score on MARP because one lone person questions it.
u absolutly right but as in one of the post phil wrote - marp headquaters must think about the leeching situation at fastlane after the round of wcc3

sorry lordgas - dont want 2 push u 2 delete your inp
the fastlane game only reminds me about this omegarace situation
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Omega Race: Seems to me that this leeching can be done allmost indefinitely with some practice and a spinner. TG record is over 3M points...

Early days of videogames, they didn't know that should've put there timer or something like Venture boss. Us gamers allways find a way to beat the game with questionable techniques...Too bad... :?

Does the game get much harder at later levels? Is it possible to make a million without leeching technique?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I don't have idea how is possible to make 3MLN points without leeching. For me game is very hard on later levels.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Ok, so old TG scores are leeched too. No problem.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

yes, most of the "old" scores from the 80s had leeching in them or other "tactics" that nowadays TG does not allow or has a separate track for them.

The game does get much harder at higher levels as the enemies start moving really fast and convert to the fast, spinning enemy quickly where even if camped nicely at a corner/edge I think you end up getting nailed.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

The TJT wrote:Omega Race: Seems to me that this leeching can be done allmost indefinitely with some practice and a spinner. TG record is over 3M points...
I actually have more updated info on this now.

First, I have been playing this for the deca and am still steadily improving.

The game is really intense at later levels but the levels are doable with great aim and movement.

Robert M has witnessed the guy that did the 3 million do a sample 1 million game. He played the game straight-up.

If I can get a little better of cleaning up my triangle litter, I think I can get fairly high on this title with enough practice.