Intresting development

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Stig
Button Masher
Button Masher

Intresting development

Post by Stig »

Mame 0.92 is hardly out, and the Mamedevs are out with a new wip update already. Mame dad himself, has some intresting pictures on his site : http://mamelife.blogspot.com/2005/02/first-results.html

I bet some japanese players will like that.

Though the expected system 16 rom renaming is in place, dont know if that affects marp or not though. Just remember someone saying something about hating the renaming of sets.

Stig
By-Tor
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by By-Tor »

What's so special about Raiden Fighters? The original Raiden game doesn't impress me that much. Xevious is much older and it's much better game (imo). Personally, I'd take any of those Psikyo shooters over Raiden any day. I have never played Raiden Fighters though, maybe it's better?
Stig
Button Masher
Button Masher

to be honest

Post by Stig »

To be honest i have no idea, i just know this is one of the most anticpated games remaining to be emulated.

Stig
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Most anticipated game? Depends on who you ask I guess.
Personally, I'd like to see Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, House of the Dead 2, Time Crisis 2 and Crazy Taxi.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

the Raiden Fighters series has been easily anticipated because none of the games in the series ever got home console releases. They could only be played in the arcade, which was unfortunate since tons of shooters in the mid-late 90's got ports to home systems.

They're solid enjoyable shooters with a large number of planes to select from.
The_Pro wrote:Most anticipated game? Depends on who you ask I guess.
Personally, I'd like to see Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, House of the Dead 2, Time Crisis 2 and Crazy Taxi.
now see, all of these games got home ports....
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

BBH wrote:
True, but I don't see myself buying a Saturn plus the rare Radiant Silvergun any time soon. Just a game I've always been curious about. Crazy Taxi has some speed and gameplay differences from the console ports that I'd like to explore. Excluding TC2 and Radiant Silvergun though, I just want the opportunity to put up great inp's for these games. I understand what you mean about Raiden Fighters being arcade only though. Good day for those who are into that series.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Doesn't help the rest of us that don't own consoles. :)

That being said, there are PC ports of HOTD2 and Crazy Taxi (2 years too late, but whatever).

Also note that MAME does emulate Radiant Silvergun... not that it works (due to protection), or that it'll run fast or anything, but you get the idea :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

yeah
Last edited by tar on Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

tar wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:consoles. :)
i bought a N64 for $50.oo last week.
6 games with it.
castlevania 64
forsaken 64
F1 race
mortal kombat 4
rouge squaden / star wars
shadow man

i've been at it. :)
Now hurry up and get the two games that are the main reason for getting a n64:

Zelda and mario 64!

I bought mine a few years back only because these two games. I don't think I have played many others on that system actually :)
QRS
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

QRS wrote:mario 64!
I Hate Mario 64!
....................................................................................
i Love Star Wars / Shadows of the Empire
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

Silly me, I thought the N64 was a synonym for Diddy Kong Racing console. :D.
seymour
Site Admin

Post by seymour »

QRS wrote:Now hurry up and get the two games that are the main reason for getting a n64:

Zelda and mario 64!

I bought mine a few years back only because these two games. I don't think I have played many others on that system actually :)
Zelda was the main reason I got a N64 from someone. Not long after, I had it for my Gamecube, with that special edition thing with Zelda: The Wind Waker...
Chris Gushue
MARP IRC/Forum Maintainer
http://gushue.net
Patwos
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Patwos »

Noooooooooo........ the best game on the N64 is Banjo Kazooie...... of course it's one of the few that came with the N64 I was given but it's the first large 3d platform game of that type with multiple moves to learn that I've ever bothered with.......

Now of course I keep hoping to find a copy of Banjo Tooie so I can play the sequel.........
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

patwos wrote:Now of course I keep hoping to find a copy of Banjo Tooie so I can play the sequel.........
Damn, I only sold my copy of Banjo Tooie on Ebay a few months ago! There's quite a demand for that game now it seems.
Darren
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

BBH wrote:the Raiden Fighters series has been easily anticipated because none of the games in the series ever got home console releases. They could only be played in the arcade, which was unfortunate since tons of shooters in the mid-late 90's got ports to home systems.

They're solid enjoyable shooters with a large number of planes to select from.
Raiden and Raiden 2 were released on PSX, but not Raiden Fighters.
http://www.psxseeker.com/title/raiden.html

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing ALL raiden games emulated :)

I hope system requirements are not too high to play raiden fighters at solid 60fps.