destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

jackal (and clones)

Post by destructor »

Hi,

Watch it:
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/9/8/2/rr ... wolf89.zip

Ciumek used leeching with helicopters before last boss. I don't know what think about it. I found this method too, but didn't used in my inps (I shot enemies until helicopters appear and next go to boss).

Maybe we should use some special rules for this method?
Stig
Button Masher
Button Masher

yepp

Post by Stig »

I have just confirmed this score. Being a contender on the title, i would say its legit. Leech till you die, then finish, takes skill.

Stig
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

And then you have your very own cure for insomnia.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

If it's legit then OK. My method is easier than ciumek's. I will try 2mln in free time.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

destructor wrote:If it's legit then OK. My method is easier than ciumek's. I will try 2mln in free time.
No, no, no. It is not legit.. yet. Let us take a lot at it and decide first. No need for endless leching recordings. Wait a while please :)
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

OK, I wait :P
Here is method to stay in safety spot and shot to helicopters.

My proposals:
1. You can shoot down no more than 4 helicopters in whole game (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)
2. In whole game can appear (shoot down or not) no more than 4 helicopters (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)
3. In whole game can't appear any one helicopter (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

destructor wrote: My proposals:
1. You can shoot down no more than 4 helicopters in whole game (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)
2. In whole game can appear (shoot down or not) no more than 4 helicopters (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)
3. In whole game can't appear any one helicopter (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)
Yes, I too think this is illegal leeching, and much too easy.
Maybe 1. would be best option.
Couple questions:

Which you think is best proposal, why?
How much ciumek's score should be? ...How about yours? Any other scores using this? (If we just change scores and ignore leech points)

Thanks,
TJT
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

If we use option 1 then:

1 helicopter = 2000 points

My jackal scores:
jackal - 6 helicopters shoot down and 2 not
topgunbl - 1 helicopter appear and not shoot down
topgunr - 0 helicopters
jackalj - 2 helicopters shoot down

Ciumek scores:
jackal - 772500 score when he shoot 4 helicopters and next shoot a lot of helicopters
topgunr - 26 helicopters shoot down and 2 not

In my opinion best is DQ (my and ciumek jackal, and ciumek topgunr) scores, not count score. Here is no problem to made new inps.

Previous ciumek's score on jackal was 792000 (0 helicopters), topgunr don't remember.

Why 4 helicopters? It's random number :P

I think best proposal is 1. Why? You can stay and maximized score before last boss, next kill myself when helicopters appear, and use next life to maximize score (max 5 lives). In case you can shoot down helicopters then proposal with no helicopters appear or 4 helicopters appear only is not good.
Maximizing score isn't wrong, but leeching is wrong.

Here is one option more: In game can appear a lot helicopters but you can't shoot down any one helicopter. But here you must be very careful when throw bombs and I think this is not good option.

PS. Sory for my poor english.

[EDIT]
I deleted my jackal score and upload new, with no helicopters appear.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

OK. Ciumek say: no one helicopter shoot down.
Then proposal 4 is:
4. in whole game you can't shoot down any one helicopter (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)

OK. Then I agree with it.

PS. Ciumek has problem with login to MARP forum, please activate (if isn't) his count and create new password.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

destructor wrote:OK. Ciumek say: no one helicopter shoot down.
Then proposal 4 is:
4. in whole game you can't shoot down any one helicopter (don't count helicopters which are normal in game)

OK. Then I agree with it.

PS. Ciumek has problem with login to MARP forum, please activate (if isn't) his count and create new password.
Ok, sorry for delay.

Lets make special rules for jackal and clones as:

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... l,topgunr)

Code: Select all

If you stay one place long enough time, helicopters start to appear. You are not allowed to leech/shoot down ANY of those. <br>
Some places ingame, helicopters appear without waiting (normally), you are allowed to shoot those.<p>
<a href="http://forums.marpirc.net/viewtopic.php?t=12011">discussion</a><br>
<a href="http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/9/8/2/rrr_jackal_1006800_wolf89.zip">replay</a>

Any editor feel free to edit above special rules, check here, thanks
I leave score changing to Des and Ciumek themselves, when ciumek gets his account password back(contact barry/zwaxy) 8O :wink:
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Special Rules setup for Jackal and all 3 clones.
Frankie
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Thanks, I edited my score for jackalj where I shoot down 2 helicopters.
drevans
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: jackal (and clones)

Post by drevans »

Digging this old old old thread back up as I am currently well into this game and in contention....

The following rule has been put in place:
"If you stay in one place long enough time, helicopters start to appear. You are not allowed to leech/shoot down ANY of those.
Some places ingame, helicopters appear without waiting (normally), you are allowed to shoot those."

However, the score of 1,006,800 submitted by ciumek@HotTeam.pl is in clear violation of this rule yet it is verified and still number 1. Surely this score should be modified, as Destructor's score has been, and all the leeched helicopter points deducted.

Cheers, Dal
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

drevans wrote:the score of 1,006,800 submitted by ciumek@HotTeam.pl is in clear violation of this rule yet it is verified and still number 1. Surely this score should be modified, as Destructor's score has been, and all the leeched helicopter points deducted.
I'm not very familiar with this game, so I will let another editor to decide what to do on this.
But I add a link to this discussion on the recording's description box